Sunday morning, mai 22.

Old May 22nd 05, 09:54 AM
Aud

Default Sunday morning, mai 22.

It is 11o'clock, the weather is warmer, but overcasted, the sea lies as
a mirror!
I think we will take the boat out today!

Yeasterday we visited our niece in a nieghbourtown,MOLDE.
Her DH was 35! 1 hour to drive, 45 min. by ferry.
It is a beautiful place, we say it is because "our" mountains
are beautiful from the back too! LOL!
http://ventunoventi.altervista.org/immagini/Molde.jpg

It was so nice to be gathered like that again!!
When my niece and my children grew up,
there were 10 cousins who celebrated EVERY birthday with ALL the family!
We were often more than 25 persons with grandparents and great
granparents.
We did not have much place, but somehow we managed! Ten times a year!

Now they all are grown up!WE, the parent generation, have more time.
Should have, at least, but we see eachother too seldom!
And we always talk about all the fun we had when the children was small!
STRANGE!

AUD ;-)

Old May 22nd 05, 03:17 PM
Matthew Hollands

"Aud" wrote in message
snipped
It is a beautiful place, we say it is because "our" mountains
are beautiful from the back too! LOL!
http://ventunoventi.altervista.org/immagini/Molde.jpg

Thank you for sharing the picture, Aud. I always enjoy the scenery that you
share with us... what a beautiful country!

It was so nice to be gathered like that again!!
When my niece and my children grew up,
there were 10 cousins who celebrated EVERY birthday with ALL the family!

We didn't celebrate *every* birthday, but we did have a birthday in May
which a lot of people showed up to, for everyone who'd birthdays were in
May... I believe there are (or were) 5 or 6 of us with birthdays in May. My
Dad at the beginning of the month (5th) and me at the end... with all the
others in the middle... so we held the family birthday party at our house.
)

Now they all are grown up!WE, the parent generation, have more time.
Should have, at least, but we see eachother too seldom!
And we always talk about all the fun we had when the children was small!
STRANGE!

Not strange at all, Aud. In fact it's those memories that will live on for
years to come... long after any of us are gone. Since my Dad is gone, and
the others all live much farther away than we could travel in a couple of
days, we haven't had one of these parties in many years... but I tell
Matthew about them and the fun we had (along with some funny pictures of
some of the people partying) often. Matthew says "I wish it was still like
that... with the family having fun all the time, instead of hardly ever
seeing any of them. Whenever you tell me about those times, you can feel
the fun and the love that was there."

Memories are good, and sharing them is even better. )

Gemini

Old May 22nd 05, 05:59 PM
emerald

It is 11o'clock, the weather is warmer, but overcasted, the sea lies as a
mirror!
I think we will take the boat out today!

Yeasterday we visited our niece in a nieghbourtown,MOLDE.
Her DH was 35! 1 hour to drive, 45 min. by ferry.
It is a beautiful place, we say it is because "our" mountains
are beautiful from the back too! LOL!
http://ventunoventi.altervista.org/immagini/Molde.jpg

It *is* beautiful, Aud! And I love the look of the "Tall Ship" in the
harbour....
We have a parade of Tall Ships coming to Victoria at the end of June and I
look forward to seeing them, they look so stately and elegant.

It was so nice to be gathered like that again!!
When my niece and my children grew up,
there were 10 cousins who celebrated EVERY birthday with ALL the family!
We were often more than 25 persons with grandparents and great
granparents.
We did not have much place, but somehow we managed! Ten times a year!

Now they all are grown up!WE, the parent generation, have more time.
Should have, at least, but we see eachother too seldom!
And we always talk about all the fun we had when the children was small!
STRANGE!

It seems we're all like this - too busy. I think some of the gadgets that
were supposed to make our lives easier, with more leisure time, have only
made iteasier to work longer hours. :-(

Eimear,enjoying the birdsong this spring morning.

Old May 22nd 05, 07:36 PM
Katherine

Very pretty, Aud.
THe weather here is gorgeous today - sunny and warm. Dare I think that it is
spring at alst? g

Katherine

Old May 22nd 05, 09:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's sure not like the picture from Aud's. It's raining and very
cold for this time of year. Only good thing about it is I'll get more
crocheting done. LOL

I too remember the family birthday parties, but now with what family I
have left scattered across the US, I have only the great memories and
the current phone calls. I agree with you Emerald, modern things give
us more to do, not less.

Hugs,

Nora