After all, I am a quilter

Old December 2nd 12, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default After all, I am a quilter

We had ten wonderful lights to install between 2 of the columns at our front
door. A space after column one, a light, another space and so on. I simply
drew a 'quilt' diagram with _ for spaces and 0 for lights. Measured out to
need 10 and 1/3 inches for the spaces. Mr. Esther said, "We'll have to
fudge that 1/3".
Now. Really. No problem. I am a quilter.
Polly

Old December 2nd 12, 11:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

LOL! OK, we probably need a photo, just to check if your seams are
straight.
Roberta in D

Old December 3rd 12, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

*I* am a quilter, round two. Needed some brackets to support the weight of a
30 foot heavy-duty extension cord for the lights. This would involve a trip
down to the big shop for brackets, screws, the drill, the bits, assorted
journeys to the hardware store, some planning, swearing, scratching and a
few delays.
"Nonsense" says I.
I came inside, picked up a few yards of the selvedge edge from Michael
Miller's Frost in gold (this is tough stuff) and simply stapled loops up
inside the porch framing.
Do all men figure out the hard way to accomplish anything or am I just a
lucky assistant?
I am a quilter.
Polly

"Roberta" wrote LOL! OK, we probably need a photo, just to check if your

Old December 3rd 12, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_3_]

Any time a man starts a new project - that means he has to go to the
store to buy a new tool especially needed for that project! I'm sure
hanging Christmas lights has the same requirement!

Donna in Idaho

Old December 3rd 12, 09:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Sad to say, Polly, that I am the one who always thinks of the most
difficult solution first! Mind you, that applies in my quilting as well
as in everything else.
I love this story g as an example to me to think twice about 'things
to do'!!
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old December 3rd 12, 09:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

E- rrrrr- m: that sounds an awful lot like a new quilting project gg
Maybe there is a meeting between Mars and Venus?!!
..
In message , Donna in Idaho
writes

Old December 3rd 12, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

My brain (such as it is) has two channels. One is 'Gitterdun' which calls
for whatever's quick and simple. The other hopes for perfection. That rarely
happens but sure does make me happy.
Naturally, all quilters here understood the wisdom of having saved the
selvedge. Polly

"Pat S" wrote Sad to say, Polly, that I am the one who always thinks of
the most
difficult solution first! Mind you, that applies in my quilting as well
as in everything else.
I love this story g as an example to me to think twice about 'things to
do'!!
.
, Polly Esther writes

Old December 3rd 12, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Yeah, I once told our friendly tech guy "I just need a fix". He kindly
provided one (programming, nothing else), and after that he took to
telling me I needed to go to the pub when he saw me stressed out at work!

Hanne in DK (then in UK)

Old December 3rd 12, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

You are perfectly wise!
Roberta in D

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 07:22:20 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

[...]

never tell a quilter..... Sharon Harper Quilting 0 November 6th 06 10:49 PM
you know your a quilter.... Taria Quilting 11 March 24th 06 05:58 PM
I'm a quilter justjoansetc Sewing 1 March 12th 06 01:11 AM
You know you're a quilter when... the black rose Quilting 8 May 8th 05 10:36 PM
New Quilter from OZ Natalie and Aaron Leaver Quilting 17 December 9th 03 08:59 PM