Breast Cancer/OT

Old April 29th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Breast Cancer/OT

I am sure all you have heard Daniel Powder's song..."Bad Day" well this was
my bad day. I learned I have breast cancer. I had my lumpectomy this week
and it came back as malignant garde 3 tumor. I will have to get a
"masectomy" and have chemo. This has been a rough day for me but I don't
think I have the strength to cry anymore. I know I will lose my hair and
this really sucks but if I have to do this to keep alive then I will have
the surgery and do chemo. I will settle for chemo hats verus hair for life.
I'll be 51 in May and this seems not fair but I get my mammos yearly and
watched and it could of been worse. Last year I had a lumpectomy in the
other breast and that was benign this year my luck ran out. I see and hear
of so many survivors and I know this group has always been here for me when
ever I needed them.
Pami

Old April 29th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh Pami, Prayers are with you as you go through this. Wish I could be with
you right now to hold your hand and give you a hug.
Barbara in SC and now FL

Old April 29th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'll think postive thoughts for you, Pami. I hope you feel the strength this
group will send your way.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old April 29th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pami, I'm so sorry to hear about your news. Keep positive thoughts flowing -
they do help a lot - and come back and tell us how things are going for you.
This group is very powerful, you know, and so incredibly supportive. We can
be your venting outlet, your support group, your prayer group - whatever you
need!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old April 29th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

(((((((HUGS))))))))

IT IS SURVIVABLE. So start off positive and just think of
this as a temporary blip on the screen. Look in the mirror
and smile and wonder what your hair will look like when it
grows back. Many people notice changes - straight to curly,
curly to straight, different colour - who knows? Medical
treatment sent most of my hair silver grey in a few days -
but I figure it is saving me a fortune in streaks and tints
every couple of weeks. And the hair that fell out grew
back.

You did the right thing getting checked and finding out
asap, and you are doing the right thing getting treatment.

Deep breath, shoulders back and march forward knowing that
you have love and support behind you. And if you feel the
need to cry - well it's good for your sinuses as well as
your feelings sometimes so go right ahead.

(((((((HUGS))))))))

--
Cheryl (52 and hanging in there) and the
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"pami" wrote in message
[...]
:
:

Old April 29th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

pami wrote:

[...]

blackrosequilts
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human
Relations
2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos