Need shagging instructions

Old January 18th 05, 01:17 AM
Violet \F'loonslayer\ Volfie

Default Need shagging instructions

Okay, I finally finished one of my UFOs and I'm sitting here cutting the
fringe into a flannel shag quilt. Do I remember these nexts steps right?

1.) Wash it
2.) Dry it a little, shake it out outside, clean the lint trap repeat every
15 minutes until shagged as desired.

?

Giselle (that's IT? )

Old January 18th 05, 01:35 AM
Polly Esther

Nothing in the world would have made my shaggy flannel quilt quit shedding.
I finally put it in the trash. It even erupted there and blew the top off
the dumpster - but I do know that others have succeeded. When you're
washing it, do check the washer filter frequently. And Don't wash the
shaggies off of the filter down the sink drain. Plumbers are quite
expensive. I'm just a Little Miss Sunshine tonight. Polly

Old January 18th 05, 01:41 AM
SunnyQuilt

When I read your Subject line I thought you meant you wanted to learn how to do
The Shag, a dance done to beach music in the Carolinas!

SunnyQuilt

Old January 18th 05, 01:42 AM
georg

Polly Esther wrote:

Nothing in the world would have made my shaggy flannel quilt quit shedding.
I finally put it in the trash. It even erupted there and blew the top off
the dumpster - but I do know that others have succeeded. When you're
washing it, do check the washer filter frequently. And Don't wash the
shaggies off of the filter down the sink drain. Plumbers are quite
expensive. I'm just a Little Miss Sunshine tonight. Polly

Worse, don't wash it when washing a cat hair covered blanket.

I needed a new washing machine after that.

Yes, Giselle, just was normally, and run it through the dryer a few
times. Make sure it is fully clipped first.

-georg
Old January 18th 05, 01:53 AM
Violet \F'loonslayer\ Volfie

"SunnyQuilt" wrote in message
When I read your Subject line I thought you meant you wanted to learn how

to do
The Shag, a dance done to beach music in the Carolinas!

SunnyQuilt

That's okay, when I saw it I thought our UK cousins where going to have a
real hoot over it.

Giselle (I shoulda *specified*)

Old January 18th 05, 01:56 AM
Anne

Gentle reminder: this is an international group and some folks speak
Brit English :-P

Anne in CA (ducking and running)
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie wrote:

Okay, I finally finished one of my UFOs and I'm sitting here cutting the
fringe into a flannel shag quilt. Do I remember these nexts steps right?

1.) Wash it
2.) Dry it a little, shake it out outside, clean the lint trap repeat every
15 minutes until shagged as desired.

?

Giselle (that's IT? )

Anne in CA
Old January 18th 05, 02:14 AM
Violet \F'loonslayer\ Volfie

"Anne" wrote in message
Gentle reminder: this is an international group and some folks speak
Brit English :-P

Read on -- I remembered when I saw my own subject line.

Giselle

Old January 18th 05, 02:41 AM
georg

"Anne" wrote in message

Gentle reminder: this is an international group and some folks speak
Brit English :-P

Read on -- I remembered when I saw my own subject line.

Giselle

She is stating in a very subtle way, I think, that since the majority of
the group is in the over 40 crowd, the general preference of the group
is try not to put anything out there that you won't mind yer mum reading.

My mum wouldn't understand the reference and would have to ask my da.
Same woman who did not understand why my birthday was so funny. (1/4/69)

A certain amout of "in yer faceness" is welcome and fresh, and I
personally love your enthusiasm. However, you are on the edge of
offending some of those with more delicate sensibilities, so be wary.
You may offend without meaning to. I think that if you do, anyone who
finds offense can always make a filter.

I have seen and personally said worse here though, and I've braved flame
groups myself. Feel free to email me for more clarification, or if you
would like to take me to task for this post.

-georg