2006 Projects?

Old December 30th 05, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Fabric 2006 Projects?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:52:13 GMT, Gill Murray
wrote:

I don't think so, he's a red cat. Better not take him to vote, he
probably votes Liebral and we don't want them back in with a majority
lol

Miss Kitty says she's a Dem-meow-cat, if that helps Bucket decide which
party has the best groupies.

--
Karen C - California

And Puff wouldn't dare to be anything but a Demo-bark dog, so he would like
to join.

Lucille

Oh dear, Max and Gretel are upset, because they are Republic-hounds.
However, I told them that was fine, they may still play with the
Demo-pets; there Mom has Demo-pals too!

Gillian

You would have to be Liberal here Gillian, I don't believe - as a
woman - you could vote for Stephen Harper the Conservative. I have
sometimes voted Conservative, but NEVER while that man is head of the
party. Ick, ack, spit !
Old December 30th 05, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote:

[...]

Are you telling us you don't much like the guy? lol

Old December 30th 05, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:15:33 -0500, "Lucille"
wrote:

Oh dear, Max and Gretel are upset, because they are Republic-hounds.
However, I told them that was fine, they may still play with the
Demo-pets; there Mom has Demo-pals too!

Gillian

You would have to be Liberal here Gillian, I don't believe - as a
woman - you could vote for Stephen Harper the Conservative. I have
sometimes voted Conservative, but NEVER while that man is head of the
party. Ick, ack, spit !

Are you telling us you don't much like the guy? lol

That's very perceptive of you Ruby lol
Old December 30th 05, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

lucretia borgia wrote:

I can't vote
for a man who would like women back in the kitchen, likely barefoot
and pregnant

I'm already barefoot and you're beyond getting pregnant.......

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: July birthstone, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old December 30th 05, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:50:09 -0800, Karen C - California
wrote:

lucretia borgia wrote:

I can't vote
for a man who would like women back in the kitchen, likely barefoot
and pregnant

I'm already barefoot and you're beyond getting pregnant.......

True but I did see a bright star in the east recently lol
Old December 30th 05, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote:

[...]

We don't have a lot of choice! Is there a Kangaroo Party this year?

Mavia

Old December 30th 05, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 21:40:13 GMT, "Mavia Beaulieu"
wrote:

.. .

[...]

Would that the Rhino's were back but I suppose those guys are in their
late 40s now and have become serious, mores the pity.
Old December 30th 05, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default 2006 Projects? and federally mandated breaks

Ex WRAF and now working as a 'Batwoman' (housekeeper) in an Officer's mess -
most of my officer's treat me as 'mum' even the one's older or the same age
as me when I'm in my 'company uniform' but when I'm out on the 'Raz' with DH
they're quite shocked to see me 'dressed up' . I worked on the Summer ball
and slapped a few knuckles with my serving spoon which shocked them !!!
Jan
"Cheryl in Oz" cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau wrote in message
Love the comment about "mom" voice. I was one of three female officers on
Air Force Base years ago (others were Nurse and ATC). We all used to
practise our "mom" voices to use on "recalcitrant toddlers" - who were
usually PILOTS!! The nurse was best at this. She was an ex-nun, and the
only Major I ever saw publicly rebuke a one star General and get away with
it!
--

Cheryl in Oz

"lisa.pauley" wrote in message
Oh, Sue, I've often felt the same way. In the movie "Pushing Tin," with
Billy Bob Thornton and John Cusak as air traffic controllers, it's not a
coincidence that the only controller with an outside hobby (other than
bbqing and pursuing other controllers' wives) is the sole female ATCS.
Of course, she competes in female fitness competitions, *that's* totally
realistic! ;-)

Most of the guys I work with don't have much other than work, home, and
poker (not that there's anything wrong with poker, lol!), and some
consider themselves ill used. I took the test *because* I was a single
mom and wanted a career with great benefits and health care so I could
take care of my son. And I juggled taking care of him, and my
needlework, theatre, running, other family obligations, husband, eventual
second son, working on my Master's degree, etc, etc. Go figure. ;-) Of
course, I'm preaching to the choir on this board, I'm sure!

And the air traffic controller workforce is still only made up of 5-7%
female controllers. The FAA won't release the exact figure, so that
number's based on my personal experience and my years as a member of the
Professional Women Controllers organization.

Another reason I've always thought that women make excellent ATCSs, other
than being used to juggling their lives, is that we realize that we
really don't *control* anything. Like with a recalcitrant toddler, a
pilot who doesn't want to listen really doesn't *have* to listen. I
mean, what can I do in that exact moment, really? So I have to make the
pilot believe that listening to me and doing what I say is in his best
interest. And sometimes I have to use my "mom" voice (as a wise
supervisor taught me early in my career), as in, you *will* listen to
what I say right now or you will be very very unhappy in the very near
future!

Sometimes the guys get really angry and frustrated with the pilots
because they really believe that they control what is going on, when
we're really choreographers working with the laws of gravity and
propulsion and physics and, most importantly, with human beings.

Lisa

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
lisa.pauley wrote:
Sorry, I'm a little late on this whole "federally mandated break"
thread, but I do have a career where all of my co-workers and I take
federally mandated breaks. I'm an air traffic controller.

Many years ago, back when Reagan was busting up the air controllers'
union and it was in the news about how stressful and high-pressure a job
it was, I remember a conversation with DFIL (a university professor) in
which he expressed admiration for one of his female post docs who was
great in the lab and had an active family life with several young
children. He said, "I don't know how she does it. She's constantly busy
taking one kid here and getting another from here and school's suddenly
cancelled and plans change, and she keeps it all in balance and is
really good at her job, too."

Being a mother of three myself, and plenty busy even without an
academic/scientific career, I replied, "I always wondered why they made
men the main air traffic controllers. Women juggle stuff every day and
keep all the balls in the air, and nobody thinks anything of it, but for
men they say it's SO stressful and such a hard job. They should make
women air traffic controllers! We're constantly juggling and avoiding
crises!"

He said, "You know, I never thought of it that way."

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com

Old December 31st 05, 12:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"lucretia borgia" wrote.

I think you should take Bucket to the poll, along with his card and his
rabies certificate as ID, and demand he be allowed to vote. (He's not a
Conservative, is he????)
Dawne

I don't think so, he's a red cat. Better not take him to vote, he
probably votes Liebral and we don't want them back in with a majority

Is he not also a fat cat---which would make him a natural Liberal.
Dawne

Old December 31st 05, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:01:08 -0600, "Dawne Peterson"
wrote:

"lucretia borgia" wrote.

I think you should take Bucket to the poll, along with his card and his
rabies certificate as ID, and demand he be allowed to vote. (He's not a
Conservative, is he????)
Dawne

I don't think so, he's a red cat. Better not take him to vote, he
probably votes Liebral and we don't want them back in with a majority

Is he not also a fat cat---which would make him a natural Liberal.
Dawne

Oh the humanity lol Poor old Bucket! Someone I don't really know
called past the other night and Bucket came strolling down the hall
and into the livingroom, I couldn't think why she looked so strange,
she wasn't sure whether she was looking at a cat or a dog lol