just stained glass?

Old September 26th 05, 02:03 AM
Moonraker

wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe the 3 stooges here can come and heckle to add a little humour to
the lecture.

Heckling would be the ONLY reason to be in attendance at any function where
you were pontificating. Sure as hell wouldn't be any point in having an
expectation of learning anything from you.

Old September 26th 05, 02:08 AM

I could teach you how to become a wholesale art glass distributor
without investing any money.

Old September 26th 05, 02:11 AM
Moonraker

wrote in message
oups.com...
I could teach you how to become a wholesale art glass distributor
without investing any money.

Two questions:

1. Why would I want to take a pay cut?

2. Why would I ever want to do something that would even LOOK like I might
be associated with likes of you?

Old September 26th 05, 02:37 AM

Boys. What's the rhubarb here? The issue of retailing? I'd rather feed
my dog a bag of potato chips and lock myself in the closet with him
than argue about modes of commerce.

I've been listening to him for awhile, and I can tell you Dennis is not
a stupid guy. He's quite smart and well spoken. Maybe obnoxious
sometimes. I tend to care much less about personality defects than
whether a person is interesting and has a unique--if
controversial--perspective to offer. Dittoheads bore me endlessly, but
they are always the popular ones in groups. It doesn't surprise me at
all that Dennis has been chased out of glass groups. Groups tend to
want to form a gang and have a foil to throw crap at. But those people
are the inevitable losers in life. Because they choose to stunt their
intellectual and personal growth and only reinforce their own views and
ego.

Old September 26th 05, 03:00 AM
Moonraker

wrote in message
oups.com...
Boys. What's the rhubarb here? The issue of retailing? I'd rather feed
my dog a bag of potato chips and lock myself in the closet with him
than argue about modes of commerce.

I've been listening to him for awhile, and I can tell you Dennis is not
a stupid guy. He's quite smart and well spoken.

There's a big difference between being "smart" and being "correct".

Maybe obnoxious sometimes.

You are understating the obvious.

I tend to care much less about personality defects than
whether a person is interesting and has a unique--if
controversial--perspective to offer. Dittoheads bore me endlessly, but
they are always the popular ones in groups. It doesn't surprise me at
all that Dennis has been chased out of glass groups. Groups tend to
want to form a gang and have a foil to throw crap at. But those people
are the inevitable losers in life. Because they choose to stunt their
intellectual and personal growth and only reinforce their own views and
ego.

So are you saying that those who reject Dennis's self-serving nonsensical
business plan are losers? That those who disagree with his rants against
retailers are somehow intellectually inferior? Methinks you ought to
re-look the situation.

Dennis refuses to ever debate an issue. He continues to bloviate about his
(half)vast following of "artisans" who somehow ought to be buying products
from him at some price level lower than the local retailer. That local
retailer is the object of his disdain because they ought to be just selling
to hobbyists. His answer to any challenge to his whole scheme is to post a
link to another of his self-serving seminars or ignore the facts and
reappear a week later spewing the same crapola.

Old September 26th 05, 03:25 AM
Javahut

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I don't have any particular reason for ragging on him, just do, don't care
about his particular method for justifying what he is doing, I know what he
is doing, justifying. period.
His flippin' boats sunk, the Chinese are making them faster and cheaper than
he is so he is changing his business plan to stay afloat, fine, even though
they aren't capitalists in Canada(eh?), he is trying to keep from going
under and figures if he slings enough cow flop somebody won't call him on
it.
Everybody has a right to earn a living, just don't **** on my head and try
and convince me its raining.

He should go into politics next , a more obvious use of his talents,

Old September 27th 05, 04:39 PM

I'm always willing to debate with anyone that can exchange views in a
civil adult manner but I won't waste keystrokes responding to ones
incapable of debating without degenerating into childish personal
insults.

Old September 28th 05, 01:38 PM
Javahut

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm always willing to debate with anyone that can exchange views in a
civil adult manner but I won't waste keystrokes responding to ones
incapable of debating without degenerating into childish personal
insults.

Really? What do you call this? I will never take you as anything other
than a troll as long as you speak out of both ends of your body....

"Maybe the 3 stooges here can come and heckle to add a little humour to
the lecture."

Pound sand. I should have left you in the kill filter...

Old September 28th 05, 03:28 PM
Michele Blank

stained glass panels are my specialty, i just don't always get so involved
with the conversational aspect of our group. There are several folks here
that can and will help you out, many lurk rather than become embroiled in
the complexities of some of the more heated issues. michele

"Will Woodard" wrote in message
m...
Is there a group similar to this that is more specific to stained
glass?.....panels? Thanks

Old September 28th 05, 08:52 PM
Javahut

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
stained glass panels are my specialty, i just don't always get so involved
with the conversational aspect of our group. There are several folks here
that can and will help you out, many lurk rather than become embroiled in
the complexities of some of the more heated issues. michele

"Will Woodard" wrote in message
m...
Is there a group similar to this that is more specific to stained
glass?.....panels? Thanks

Heat, what heat? you want heat, go to South Carolina when the wind isn't
blowin' that's heat, man they got issues with heat down there that don't
quit.

Sometimes around here people think this is the real world, and they don't
have any fun, it's all fun.