You'll never believe this

Old September 15th 04, 02:38 AM
Pati Cook

Lines?!? there are lines we are supposed to color in???? Oh dear.
Besides I am claustrophobic and hate little niches........ BG

Pati, in Phx.

Diana Curtis wrote:

You must learn to adapt and fit in the handy, tight little niches we
quilters must fit into. No deviations are allowed. What would this world
come to if you color outside the lines?
Diana ;-)

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
om...

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
There
are the art quilters who make things only to be hung on the wall. They
don't factor in that the finished piece will ever be laundered. They
just nip and tuck and put the thing together without the aid of any
math

Eek! Does that mean if I *do* use math, I can't qualify as an art quilter?
And what if I make a bed quilt that isn't traditional? What if I forget,

and
launder one of my art quilts?

Help!!!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old September 15th 04, 02:43 AM
Pati Cook

That is one of the wonderful things about the "Quilted Diamonds 2" book. every
single diamond block is done in three different colorways, and there is a picture
of the back of one of them. Easy tosee how to press and all. There is also a dvd
that is almost 2 hours long on Linda's hand piecing method, a lot of which is
adaptable to machine piecing too.
Not to mention nice diamond blocks, and suggestions for setting them into several
different sizes/styles of quilts. Love the book and the CD to print out the
blocks. (you do need EQ for that though, either 4 or 5)

NAYY,
Pati, in Phx

-=- Jennie-=- wrote:

Dang I'm blind or dumb but I for the life of met see where it went
haywire, I really enjoyed the topic as I do most of what is written
here, I wish there were more good honest discussions like this one
going on catches noobies like me up on terms and "stuff" lol...

OT comment: I wish wish wish that "someone" would organise patch
file/book, where real squares/blocks patterns whatever they are
properly called are stitched so us nuff nuffs could look feel and see
how that stupid bit of paper with squiggles on it is meant to look
when it's made with fabric, photo's are wonderful but nothing beats
being able to pick something up and look at the back.

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:13:04 GMT, CNYstitcher
wrote:

well, okay....it's just that there seemed to be the beginning of
personal attacks going on and I felt a bit responsible

Diana Curtis wrote:

Why be sorry? It was a stimulating discussion... I think talking.. or
writing out loud helps us all figure out where we feel the lines are drawn.
It sure did for me. At first my thought was like yours.. oh my.... why would
anyone buy that?! Then I thought of times they would be wonderful helpers.
Good discussion is what this group is about ... :-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
.. .

I'm *SO* sorry that I even mentioned this. I did *not* mean to really

Old September 15th 04, 12:00 PM
frood

You hate to drive! I'll swing the Pirate Stash Raiding Mobile by your way,
and we'll head on out.

--
Wendy
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im not strong on subtlety, but I do know what I like. :-)
I'll be around to pick you up... we can grab a latte then head for
California. Head home with the truck full of cotton. I hear the batts are
still up for grabs. Any color or theme youre looking for in particular?
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
"Diana Curtis" wrote:

Can I have your stash?
Diana :-)

--

Ohhh -- *good* one, Diana! G

Old September 15th 04, 01:32 PM
Diana Curtis

A true friend indeed. Hmmm.. as long as youre driving this far, how about
you pop that treadle in the van and drop it here...then we can put that
mission cabinet in and bring it to Kathy. I know she wont need it for
quilting but it will make a lovely TV stand. :-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"frood" wrote in message
om...
Oh, and I found a place in Arizona we can stop for more booty.

--
Wendy
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
de-fang email address to reply

om...

Old September 15th 04, 04:09 PM
frood

Ok, but that means we'll have to fold down the back seat and have 4 fewer
cup holders.

--
Wendy
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
de-fang email address to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
A true friend indeed. Hmmm.. as long as youre driving this far, how about
you pop that treadle in the van and drop it here...then we can put that
mission cabinet in and bring it to Kathy. I know she wont need it for
quilting but it will make a lovely TV stand. :-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"frood" wrote in message
om...
Oh, and I found a place in Arizona we can stop for more booty.

--
Wendy
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
de-fang email address to reply

om...

Old September 15th 04, 05:31 PM
frood

I'd tell ya, but I'd have t' kill ya. Dead quilters tell no tales.

--
Wendy
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
de-fang email address to reply

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
Okay....... please do tell...... G
Pati, in Phx

Old September 15th 04, 06:02 PM
Diana Curtis

Arrrrr and avast me matey!
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
just practicing.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"frood" wrote in message
m...
I'd tell ya, but I'd have t' kill ya. Dead quilters tell no tales.

--
Wendy
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
de-fang email address to reply

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
Okay....... please do tell...... G
Pati, in Phx

Old September 15th 04, 06:03 PM
Diana Curtis

We will just have to drink less, or faster.. or something. I will knit some
cup holders to hang over the backs of the seats.
Its not insurmountable....
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
"frood" wrote in message
m...
Ok, but that means we'll have to fold down the back seat and have 4 fewer
cup holders.

--
Wendy
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
de-fang email address to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
A true friend indeed. Hmmm.. as long as youre driving this far, how

about
you pop that treadle in the van and drop it here...then we can put that
mission cabinet in and bring it to Kathy. I know she wont need it for
quilting but it will make a lovely TV stand. :-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"frood" wrote in message
om...
Oh, and I found a place in Arizona we can stop for more booty.

--
Wendy
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/