Spring loaded cutter

Old May 3rd 04, 02:17 AM
Scribble

"kdoney" said:

I'm looking for a spring loaded cutter to put on a cnc gantry machine.

And here I was worried about being replaced by cheap Chinese labor!

~s

Old May 3rd 04, 03:43 AM
Edward Hennessey

"kdoney" wrote in message
news
Are you saying that there is no algorithm which can be developed to decide
how to cut a sheet of glass depending upon how the part is shaped? That
would be depressing.

K.D.:

There are CNC fabric and leather cutting machines used by apparel
manufacturers that would
have an algorithm of use to you.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Old May 3rd 04, 01:21 PM
jk

"Javahut" wrote in message

"jk" wrote in message
. net...

"kdoney" wrote in message
. com...
I'm looking for a spring loaded cutter to put on a cnc gantry machine.

could use a pneumatic actuator to apply the correct pressure but I'm

looking
for simple. Is 15 psig the correct pressure for most stained glass?

Also,
can I use my engraving head to cause the fissures by just cutting too

deep?

You're describing what we called in the 70's, an odd shaped glass

cutting
machine. My brother designed and used one for years making duplicate

lamp
pieces. A stylus followed an engraved pattern in plexi, and the cuttter,
using a pantograph system, scored the glass. I don't remember the PSI we
used, but it worked on a very small compressor. I believe they are still
being old. Google it.

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

BillCo machinery??

Yes. I hear they also have a wonderful instructional tape. If you ask them
nicely, they send it to you in a few days. Very punctual and men of their
words too!

Old May 3rd 04, 04:50 PM
Javahut

"Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .

"jk" wrote in message
.net...

"Javahut" wrote in message
BillCo machinery??

Yes. I hear they also have a wonderful instructional tape. If you ask

them
nicely, they send it to you in a few days. Very punctual and men of

their
words too!

ROTFLMAO!!!

OK, I guess I got that coming,

Will include invoice in shipment..... Did I ever mention how much that was
going to be??

Old May 3rd 04, 08:11 PM
Dennis Brady

A few years ago I was on the verge of buying an $8,000. Billco but
discovered the Cutters Mate. I can make glass or wood cutting guides
and use that $200. device to do the same work the Billco could.

As to cutting pressure, we teach beginners (and even old timers in
our Cutting Clinics) that the optimum pressure when scoring glass is 5
lbs. A bathroom scale is great for practicing. Just put a piece of
glass on the scale and score it. Watch the weight reading and
practice keeping it to a consistent steady 5 lbs.
Old May 3rd 04, 09:34 PM
Moonraker

"Javahut" wrote in message

"Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .

"jk" wrote in message
.net...

"Javahut" wrote in message
BillCo machinery??

Yes. I hear they also have a wonderful instructional tape. If you

ask
them
nicely, they send it to you in a few days. Very punctual and men of

their
words too!

ROTFLMAO!!!

OK, I guess I got that coming,

Will include invoice in shipment..... Did I ever mention how much that was
going to be??

I thought it was going to be a 50 year old bottle of scotch. And a bright
red XXL tee shirt.

Old May 4th 04, 01:40 AM
Javahut

ROTFLMAO!!!

OK, I guess I got that coming,

Will include invoice in shipment..... Did I ever mention how much that

was
going to be??

I thought it was going to be a 50 year old bottle of scotch. And a bright
red XXL tee shirt.

That's it!! I knew it was substantial, just couldn't remember how much.

Old May 4th 04, 01:49 AM
jk

"Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .

"jk" wrote in message
.net...

"Javahut" wrote in message
BillCo machinery??

Yes. I hear they also have a wonderful instructional tape. If you ask

them
nicely, they send it to you in a few days. Very punctual and men of

their
words too!

ROTFLMAO!!!

You're not helping me by ganging up on him Moon... just for that, yours
will be twice the price of mine.

Old May 4th 04, 02:30 AM
Moonraker

"jk" wrote in message
.net...

"Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .

"jk" wrote in message
.net...

"Javahut" wrote in message
BillCo machinery??

Yes. I hear they also have a wonderful instructional tape. If you

ask
them
nicely, they send it to you in a few days. Very punctual and men of

their
words too!

ROTFLMAO!!!

You're not helping me by ganging up on him Moon... just for that, yours
will be twice the price of mine.

Probably not...I'm holding his rebar bender hostage.