conversion charts

Old April 1st 04, 03:50 AM
Mitch

Default conversion charts

I just bought a Sunset brand cross stitch kit made by Dimensions. The title
of it is "Gettysburg". Is there a conversion chart out there to switch the
dimensions # floss over to dmc? Any help would be appreciated

Thank You,
The Gent

Old April 1st 04, 06:04 PM
Lucille

Try this one!

http://www.terra.es/personal3/karina...dimensions.htm

Lucille

Old April 1st 04, 11:26 PM
Ruth409028

Try this one!

http://www.terra.es/personal3/karina...dimensions.htm

Lucille

I just checked out the site, and most of the numbers are different from what I
have. And, they do have some I don't have. If my printer was working, I would
print it off. Frances
Take Jacques out before replying.
Old April 1st 04, 11:38 PM
Lucille

You can try this one--maybe it will be better.
http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Stitch...imensionsToDMC
Lucille

Old April 2nd 04, 04:43 AM
Jenn Liace

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:50:07 -0500, "Mitch"
wrote:

I just bought a Sunset brand cross stitch kit made by Dimensions. The title
of it is "Gettysburg". Is there a conversion chart out there to switch the
dimensions # floss over to dmc? Any help would be appreciated

Until a couple months ago, Dimensions had a conversion list from tehir
colors to both DMC and Anchor on their website. Fortunately, my
sister had the foresight to copy it off the site and save it in
Excel... just in case. Sure 'nuff, when I wanted it for a friend a
month or so ago, the page was gone. An email to Dimensions inquiring
as to the new location generated a nasty response insinuating that the
reason the page was removed was to prevent stitchers from stealing
from teh company ("We now use custom dyed flosses to avoid the issue
of people stitching one chart twice instead of buying a second copy" -
and I swear that is an actual quote!).

Needless to say, I'll never buy anything from Dimensions again -
especially with that attitude. Reminds me of a conversation that took
place just as I first joined this group in regard to DMC flosses.

Anyhow, should you (or anyone else for that matter) be interested in
this conversion list, please feel free to email me offlist, and I'll
send it along!

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Old April 3rd 04, 09:03 PM
Jenn Liace

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 17:49:48 GMT, Deb wrote:

The problem may be though, that since they are using custom dyed
flosses, the chart may no longer be valid.....

Oh dear I hadn't thought of that...

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Lady Scarlet's Journey (Just Nan)
Just Nan Round Robin - currently Creativity
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)

all charts avalable in both anchor and DMC format margret singleton Marketplace 0 January 21st 05 03:08 AM
Conversion Charts Rhea Needlework 3 February 10th 04 04:16 AM
Conversion Charts S.Rennie Needlework 0 February 4th 04 04:46 PM
what's the best place to sell used charts?? [email protected] Needlework 9 January 6th 04 12:51 AM
Great new Cross Stitch Charts zip-piddy Marketplace 0 October 1st 03 08:30 AM