You know what? Crucify me, but it's true

Old July 25th 05, 05:40 PM
Kalera

Also, it's not *their* responsibility to contact *you*, at this point.
It's *your* responsibility to contact *them*.

starlia wrote:
I haven't left so many people in the lurch of I would hear from them.
I never said I didn't do anything wrong and I have tried to correct the
errors. I said that before but none of you will listen. Yes I'm
selling again and I don't have one mark against me since then so what
does that tell you? I also have a great customer base so I'm not going
anywhere.

As for Al, I met him on Saturday evening when I went out to dinner with
a group of folks.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old July 25th 05, 05:42 PM
Kalera

Didn't that whole fight stem from Sooz pointing out that you were lying
on your About Me page about how long you've been lampworking? Only Sooz
was too nice to actually say that you were lying. She said you'd "made a
mistake".

In light of everything else, I do not believe it was a mistake. That was
actually the first clue I had that you were not as honest as you'd like
us to believe.

starlia wrote:
Oh really? When Sooz said that Marissa killed her bird not too long
ago because she starved it to death was okay? Whatever.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old July 25th 05, 05:44 PM
starlia

Kalera - when did my business issues become yours? I never asked you
to be a business partner. I have never had bad business dealings with
any of you yet you explode like I have.

Old July 25th 05, 05:52 PM
Kalera

I haven't exploded. I am disillusioned, disheartened, and disappointed
in you, and these are the reasons why. Your business issues have never
been mine, and we are in no way business partners; I don't know where
that comment comes from.

The fact that I am not involved in business with your doesn't prevent me
from feeling disillusionment and disappointment; I liked you and trusted
in you, I supported and encouraged you as much as I could from a
distance, and I feel misled. I made my support public, and now that I
know that I was mistaken, I wish to make my withdrawal of support, and
the reasons for it, public. I don't want to be associated with you in
people's minds.

I was ready to let this drop and not drag out all the details of why I
no longer trust your intentions, but you keep coming back and poking at
it with a stick.

Old July 25th 05, 06:34 PM
Diana Curtis

You heard from me, via the Ebay 'ask the seller a question' form, and
you responded that you would be happy to send me the beads I bought last
fall. It has been 14 days since that email and I still havent recieved
the beads nor any word from you that you intend to send them to me. My
email address is unmunged. I would like to hear from you.
Diana

Old July 25th 05, 08:19 PM
Su

Starlia, I've kept my peace in this discussion until now.

You have NO idea what sort of damage you have done to your reputation,
your business and your name among other lampwork artists. I'm just
beyond sad that this has happened and you've said what you have.
Nothing in the world justifies what you said. Nothing.

As it is now, it would be a cold day before I'd do anything such as buy
your work or even consider helping you find a venue in the UK to teach,
I simply could not in honesty say that in my opinion I felt you have
anything to offer. You've ruined yourself in my eyes completely
because of the way you've handled yourself and the situations here, and
in my opinion your business reputation will suffer forever because of
your own words. Not anyone else's. Yours. You are the one who can
choose to keep yourself on a business-like level, you are the one who
can choose to handle problems in a professional, mature and honest
manner.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's how we handle them that matters. And
for every single message here there are hundreds who read and don't
post. And I would think that a large number of those quiet people
would never in a million years consider buying work from someone who
posts as you do. Your professional face is the face you show here.
You are judged on your words here by many, many people. Not just other
lampworkers but customers. And frankly, I'm someone who never will be
one again.

-Su

Old July 25th 05, 10:22 PM
Dr. Sooz

~ Oh really? When Sooz said that Marissa killed her bird not too long
ago because she starved it to death was okay? Whatever.
~~~~~~~~
That wasn't a taunt about the loss of her bird -- that was a statement
of animal abuse. I really think she did that, and I'm not the only one
who believes it.

But saying, "Go hug your dog -- oh, wait you don't have one!" is like
you're not only 5 years old, but a cruel, nasty, sociopathic 5 year
old. AND if you don't get the difference, perhaps you are a sociopath.

Old July 25th 05, 10:29 PM
Dr. Sooz

~ Kalera said:
"You know those customers you left hanging when you vanished a few
months ago? I sent beads to several of them, those I could reach,
because I
felt bad for them, and for you, and I wanted to help preserve your good

name."

AND she didn't mention it here, or anywhere else. She just bailed you
out.

Instead of reporting you to the Better Business Bureau, or the police,
people have given you a heads-up here, Starlia. I'd say that's pretty
gentle. If you'd been innocent of intent to harm, or defraud, you
would probably have said something like "Oh my god, I did that? I
hadn't realized it! I better fix it -- I'm so sorry!"

Instead, you got angry, vicious, pretended to be an attorney (or got
one to threaten us here on Usenet), and nasty. It makes you look
really, really BAD. And not very smart, either.

Your behavior does nothing to deflect attention, and *everything* to
attract a closer look. How many other people have you done this to
that we don't know about? And what business were you in when you lived
in Alaska? Why'd you flee Alaska? Your behavior makes everyone wonder
about EVERYTHING you've ever done. Don't you get it?

Old July 25th 05, 10:31 PM
Dr. Sooz

~ Holy crap! The idea that Starlia left so many people in the lurch,
and you were kind and generous enough to cover for her really ticks me
off in light of the fact that she's now back selling beads again as if
nothing ever happened. It's unfathomable why she thinks she hasn't
done anything wrong.
~~~~~~~
Basically, you bailed out Starlia's business with your own hard-earned
time and art, which equals money.

Old July 25th 05, 10:34 PM
Dr. Sooz

~ When Sooz said that Marissa killed her bird not too long ago because
she starved it to death was okay?
~~~~~~~~
Okay, I'm going to break one of my rules here. I usually don't insult
people, but -- You idiot. Everyone yelled at me for doing that. It
was NOT okay.

What's wrong with you? How stupid ARE you? That is a really dumb
example that proves exactly the *opposite* of your point.

True Newbie.. CJ Quilting 11 February 13th 04 04:34 PM
OT - phone scam apparently true Queen of Squishies Quilting 0 January 6th 04 08:27 PM
So true......... CNYstitcher Quilting 0 September 24th 03 02:48 AM