OT-Especially for Gillian

Old November 20th 04, 12:01 AM
Lucille

Default OT-Especially for Gillian

I can hear the groans already

A traveler in the Himalayas came upon a great gathering
of holy men, philosophers, and aspiring Buddha's.

They represented all aspects of belief and seeking,
including one aged guru
who was reputed to have achieved nirvana by subsisting
entirely on a diet of asparagus.

Our traveler was astonished, when,
in a sudden mountain shower,
all of the participants in this conclave were drenched,
except the asparagus-eater.
The rain simply avoided falling on him, as if he were roofed.

"That's incredible", said the traveler.
"Not at all", said his native guide,
"for is it not sung of in America, even on Broadway,
'Bliss is the awning of the Sage of Asparagus' .
_________________

Old November 20th 04, 03:01 AM
fran

giggle.

Old November 20th 04, 03:50 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Lucretia Borgia
writes:

Groans - more than groans here, that was a terrible one!

So terrible that I was forced to forward it to a dozen people. Who have been
warned to aim their rotten tomatoes toward Lucille, not me.
--
Finished 11/17/04 - Pets are People Too
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old November 20th 04, 04:19 AM
Lucille

Should I start to boil water now for spaghetti ?
Lucille

Old November 22nd 04, 06:02 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

I had to send it out to a dozen+ friends and family. Haven't gotten my
first response yet, but I am sure they are coming. Thanks for a
reeeeaaaallllllyyyyyy good groan.

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)