I never know

Old October 6th 03, 09:14 AM
Sharon Harper

ROFLOL - many a person has been told to TEAR the page - DO NOT UNDER ANY
circumstance use the sewing scissors!!

Dust, Dust? We don't see no stinkin' dust...

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"KCK" wrote in message
"Sharon Harper" wrote ...

...or magazines scattered across the lounge coffee table/chairs but at

least we are "homey" and welcoming. There are no "don't touch thats" in
my house.

And if a visitor wishes to cut an article out of one of the magazines,
using your sewing scissors, you say...?

Couldn't resist. And... BTW, we don't have to worry about dust on the
tables, because the wood is always covered by magazines and newspapers.
;-)

--

KCK ( in Texas)
Take out the DOG before sending email

Website: http://kckintz.home.att.net/

Old October 6th 03, 11:10 AM
Kate Dicey

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me wrote:

Okay, dearest Ragmap, oh Queen of Finished..... I was NOT talking about
casual housekeepers. I used to be one when I *could* let things slide a
bit.... I'm talking about the ones who admitted on the internet, for the
whole world to see, that their feet *stuck* to the kitchen floor.
That's a bit different than casual....

Leslie ain't backin' down this time... asbestos undies at the ready...
eatin' (and sharin' with The Furbabies) leftover prime rib from my trip
to the restaurant for carry-out Friday night... yum!!!

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

If my feet stick to the floor, I wash it! Most of the time I'm not
truly slovenly, just untidy and a bit lazy.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old October 6th 03, 12:10 PM
Queen of Squishies

Okay, since this thread has turned into true confessions, I must admit - I
vacuum once a week, including the sewing room. I'm not fastidious, but I
like things clean and organized. If I'm having a bad fibro week, I know all
the corners I can cut and still have the house appear to have been cleaned.
VBG. Ya gotta do whatchya gotta do!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

Old October 6th 03, 02:42 PM
Pat in Virginia

You mean the books came after the radio show? Hmmm. Also, what is
Blake's Seven? AFAIK, we never got the HHG TV or Radio Shows
here. But I did spend lots of time abroad, so I have gaps in my
American Culture Education. I never did catch up with that
What's the Beef Phase ... boy is it an agro to hear people saying
little catch phrases and being totally in the dark!! Even so, the
HHG quilt would be kewl.
PAT

Kate Dicey wrote:

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Another HHG fan Kate? That is one cool book set of books. I need
to read it again. I think it is nearly time to make a HHG quilt!
42, PAT in VA//USA

Only of the original radio show. The books were not so succinct and
suffered for it, especially after the first one, and the TV show was on
a par with Blake's Seven!

Old October 6th 03, 04:02 PM
frood

That's why I got a dog! I was so dissappointed that he wouldn't eat the
cheerios... turns out he was just shy, and using his best manners. As soon
as he settled in, he got right down to work! I do have to watch out for
grapes, tho. He doesn't eat them, but he will carry them into the front
room, where they blend into the carpet - watch where you step!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"KCK" wrote in message
Exactly what I was going to say. I don't have kids, but Stuartdog (and
the late SimonDog did too) has regularly visited the homes of friends
with young children.

On more than one occasion, after all the food has been cleaned up from
under the high chair and under the kitchen table, a friend has said to
her DH , "we need one of those!"

Of course, I always agree, since I think MOST families need a dog.

" Ellison" wrote ...

Sticky floors? No way, not w/ dogs in the house (or on the
back porch). VBG

Old October 6th 03, 04:19 PM
nana2b

Since it is just DH, 2 dogs and QI Sugar the house stays very clean. Only
Dog hair needs to be vacuumed up during the week. The cleaning lady (Bless
Her) comes every Thursday and gives the house a good scrub. My sewing room
is off limits. I do that myself. I usually vacuum after a project. and
dust with a feather duster 1 a month. Of course my DMIL is coming to visit
so I will use a little more elbow grease.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old October 6th 03, 04:25 PM
Bonnie Patterson

Hey, "dust" will take care of that sticky floor problem! Our newest
fur kid, Happy Girl, is very good a cleaning up the sticky floors,
counters, stove, sink etc., she is a champion "counter surfers", which
our Ruffles "the ridgeback" is not, has something to do with early
training. Ruffles had it, Happy (a rescue) didn't.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Old October 6th 03, 05:21 PM
Queen of Squishies

If I don't craft while living with fibro (yes, that's fibromyalgia, to
answer your question) I would be in an asylum. I'd be permanently
depressed. Working with the colors and fabrics, creating something pretty,
even slowly, is ever so therapeutic. I get depression with the fibro, quite
often. But having a nice project to fool with keeps me from becoming
paralyzed by the darkness. At least so far. So I'm going to keep with it
as long as I possibly can. I'm sorry you have it to, but I'm glad you've
got quilting!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 6th 03, 06:00 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

My sis keeps sending me testimonials from that other Get-O-type web site.
Hmmm.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Carry-out prime rib? Was one of the single dudes along
or did you meet him there?

Sticky floors? No way, not w/ dogs in the house (or on the
back porch). VBG
Btw, I never bother to flame anyone; why waste gas? ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy---rounding the bend on the latest quilt...
P.S. Get-O was one of the early on-line discussion groups
that liked to Get Organized; Casual Housekeeping
was another; we all like the *idea* of CAGY:
Clean As You Go

Old October 6th 03, 07:45 PM
CreativePain

Queen of Squishies wrote:
If I don't craft while living with fibro (yes, that's fibromyalgia, to
answer your question) I would be in an asylum. I'd be permanently
depressed. Working with the colors and fabrics, creating something
pretty, even slowly, is ever so therapeutic. I get depression with
the fibro, quite often. But having a nice project to fool with keeps
me from becoming paralyzed by the darkness. At least so far. So I'm
going to keep with it as long as I possibly can. I'm sorry you have
it to, but I'm glad you've got quilting!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I'm glad you manage to keep yourself going. The therapeutic element of
sewing is great with the fibro. Helps the body keep going, and keeps things
active (while in a non-active way).

Take care

Ali

--
"Flatter me and I may not believe you. Criticise me and I may not like
you. Ignore me and I may not forgive you. Encourage me and I will not

---