AD Beading For A Cure Charity Auctions

Old October 16th 04, 02:05 AM
DreamBeadr

Default AD Beading For A Cure Charity Auctions

We would like to invite you to view our first round of auctions for Layne's
Legacy: Beading For A Cure!

We are pleased to present 7 uniquely beaded items this week.
Auctions last 7 days!
Don't miss out on supporting a wonderful cause, supporting your fellow beaders,
and making yourself feel wonderful all at the same time.

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/beadingforacure

Beki ~ on behalf of www.beadingforacure.org

Old October 16th 04, 02:20 AM
Dr. Sooz

We would like to invite you to view our first round of auctions for Layne's
Legacy: Beading For A Cure!

May I ask -- cure for what?
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old October 16th 04, 02:30 AM
DreamBeadr

May I ask -- cure for what?

Cancer.
The site has all the information about the charity. Layne suffered from
Colorectal cancer, and the NCCRA was her charity of choice.

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com
Old October 16th 04, 02:30 AM
JavaGirlBT

Colorectal cancer. There's more about this charity at
www.beadingforacure.org . We have done this for three years now in memory of
Layne, an AOL beader who passed away from colon cancer. All the proceeds go
to the NCCRA.
-Ellen

Old October 16th 04, 02:37 AM
Dr. Sooz

Colorectal cancer. There's more about this charity at
www.beadingforacure.org .

Thank you. Your cause should be mentioned/identified at every possible
opportunity -- not just "Beading For A Cure". Trust me -- I was the
fundraising director for Greenpeace in the 70s. You need to say what the issue
is every time it's mentioned, not send people to the website. Most people will
not bother to go there to look.
~~

Old October 16th 04, 05:27 AM
Cheryl

I came - I saw I bid

and there is something that screams SOOZ!!!!

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old October 16th 04, 05:01 PM
Carol in SLC

All the proceeds go to the NCCRA.

I own this fabulous piece made by Maia Thomas:
http://www.beadingforacure.org/images/2002/maia.jpg This is a cause very dear
to me as my dad died from metastatic colon cancer.

Ellen, is Beki Haley still donating the beads for the projects?

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/cahslc/heart1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/heart.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/schermo2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/schermo3.jpg
Old October 16th 04, 05:36 PM
Marisa2

Beautiful work, beautiful pictures!

I would like to support the cause. However since I don't wear jewelry
and make my own to give out to friends and family, I was wondering, do
you ever auction beads and other things, or just finished work?

I hope you can advertise places other hten beading groups for the
finished works because they are quite amazing - they are each really
works of art.

marisa2

Old October 16th 04, 07:26 PM
Cheri2Star

I would like to support the cause. However since I don't wear jewelry
and make my own to give out to friends and family, I was wondering, do
you ever auction beads and other things, or just finished work?

They only auction finished work. In fact, it's a challenge, because each
beader is given the exact same beads and gets to create whatever she wants from
that package. That's why all the jewelry is in the same color scheme.

I'm sure they would accept PayPal donations with much gratitude. Next year,
you might enjoy being a participant. I did it last year and was quite proud of
my little beaded box, but this year I bought the beads and then wasn't feeling
very creative, due to the other stresses in my life.

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)
Old October 16th 04, 07:38 PM
Marisa2

Cheri2Star wrote:

I would like to support the cause. However since I don't wear jewelry
and make my own to give out to friends and family, I was wondering, do
you ever auction beads and other things, or just finished work?

They only auction finished work. In fact, it's a challenge, because each
beader is given the exact same beads and gets to create whatever she wants from
that package. That's why all the jewelry is in the same color scheme.

I'm sure they would accept PayPal donations with much gratitude. Next year,
you might enjoy being a participant. I did it last year and was quite proud of
my little beaded box, but this year I bought the beads and then wasn't feeling
very creative, due to the other stresses in my life.

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

What a neat concept!

I would love to participate but I doubt I could make such wonderful things.

Marisa2

Beading For A Cure DreamBeadr Beads 31 September 30th 04 04:32 AM
Charity Auctions ~ One last time DreamBeadr Beads 8 June 3rd 04 11:47 PM
AD (but not for me) Charity Auctions at JustBeads Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 0 April 26th 04 05:04 PM