Beading For A Cure

Old March 12th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default Beading For A Cure

Hey All!!

Long time no post!

I've been beyond busy, but thought you all might like to know that we
have our second round of auctions up and going for this years Layne's
Legacy - Beading For A Cure!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50Q...dingfo racure

Snipped to bits link: http://snipurl.com/1crqu

I had the honor of selecting this years kit colors and I am so amazed
at all the wonderful beaded items that came back!
Check out the gallery on the Beading For A Cure website to see them
all http://www.beadingforacure.org/gallery-07.html
And I also created a really cool slideshow (you'll see the link on the
Gallery page) but it's huge, so wait a bit for the load. And it's got
music, but it beautifully accompanies the beadwork, so consider
turning up your volumn instead of down! =o)

Also, the big news this year is that we are now a legitimate non-
profit organization with our very own 503(c). So, if you'd like to
make a donation directly to us, or if you win an auction and would
like to donate an amount higher than your winning bid, we can send you
a reciept for your tax deduction! And, we can then donate an even
higher amount to the National Colorectal Cancer Research Alliance to
help stop this terrible disease!

Thanks in advance for your interest in this cause and for taking a few
minutes out of your day to admire the talents of the many beaders who
have put so much effort into this years pieces!

Happy Beading All!
Beki
www.whimbeads.com
www.beadingforacure.org

Old March 17th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

The beadwork is lovely and I'm sure the sentiment behind it is well meant.
However, I notice that the auctions link to the NCCRA site:
http://www.eifoundation.org/national...ash/index.html [National
Colorectal Cancer Research Alliance]

My hubby died of colon cancer last May at age 59, however a colonoscopy did
NOT detect it in time, and gave him a false sense of security.

He had some sebacaeous adenomas on his stomach and back, which were removed
and determined to not be malignant. However, the lab recommended that he
have a colonoscopy b/c sometimes ppl w/ the adenomas also develop colon
cancer.

Colonoscopy came back nearly flawless - no polyps, lesions, tumors... only a
slight case of diverticulitis. Dr. said come back in 10 YEARS... Jim was 56.

Two years later he was admitted to the hospital bleeding and weak. A cat
scan revealed a large lesion in his colon. The cancer had started in his
lymph nodes - they think - and metastasized into his colon. He had to have a
colon re-section, chemo, the whole nine yards. A year and half later he was
gone.

A colonoscopy alone is NOT enough and can give a false sense of security. It
doesn't actually PREVENT anything, so I think all the hype about it is
misleading.

My heart breaks to think that IF we had known this then, and had gotten a
cat scan in addition to the colonoscopy, we might have caught it in time.

Sometimes information that is only half-true is worse than no infomation at
all.

Maybe one of you participating in this can get the word out. Thanks.

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
oups.com...

Beading for a cure JavaGirlBT Beads 7 October 31st 05 10:30 PM
AD: Beading for a cure JavaGirlBT Beads 0 October 31st 05 12:12 PM
Beading For A Cure Invite [email protected] Beads 3 May 28th 05 07:48 AM
AD: Beading for a Cure Auctions 10-29 DreamBeadr Beads 0 October 30th 04 06:37 PM
Beading For A Cure DreamBeadr Beads 31 September 30th 04 04:32 AM