Reading

Old September 25th 10, 11:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Reading

Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

Old September 25th 10, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Sep 25, 6:48*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

Currently Alan Furst's The World at Night, WWII
espionage in France. Next Jeannette Walls by
Half Broke Horses.

Nancy
Old September 25th 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Sep 25, 9:28*am, Nancy wrote:
On Sep 25, 6:48*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

Currently Alan Furst's The World at Night, *WWII
espionage in France. *Next Jeannette Walls by
Half Broke Horses.

Nancy

Boy, I really must not be awake Half Broke Horses
by Jeannette Walls

Nancy

Old September 25th 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Nancy" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 6:48 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad
Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

Currently Alan Furst's The World at Night, WWII
espionage in France. Next Jeannette Walls by
Half Broke Horses.

Nancy

I forgot to say in my last note about reading. I just finished The
Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer. I liked it a lot.

Presently reading Faithful Place by Tana French. Only at page 50
something, but so far I like it.

Waiting for me are three more of the Kate Shugak stories. I'm almost
caught up and I'm enjoying them. I visited Alaska and these bring back
fond memories of that trip.

Lucille

Old September 25th 10, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

I'm back to devouring books and I used to love Sara Paretsky. Is her
writing still as good as it was several years ago?

Old September 25th 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 9/25/2010 6:48 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

Just finished "The Redbreast", mystery by Jo Nesbo. Couldn't put it down!

and started "People of the Book," Geraldine Brooks. Again, can't put it
down!

Ironically, two books in a row that alternate between past events and
current investigations into old "mysteries."

A couple of weeks ago I was in a reading doldrums...several books failed
to resonate as a real *quality* reading experience. I mean, the stories
were okay, but didn't grab me. I wondered if it was just me, or the
material. Then I read "The Year of Wonders" (Geraldine Brooks) and was
so satisfied, it seemed I'd broken through my slump.

Sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old September 26th 10, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 06:48:18 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

The Good Son, by Michael Gruber.

I just love everything he's ever written.

Sara
Old September 26th 10, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/25/10 9:45 AM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

I'm back to devouring books and I used to love Sara Paretsky. Is her
writing still as good as it was several years ago?

I think she's gotten even better!

Cheryl

Old September 26th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Chemiker

Default Reading 2nd try

wrote:

Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

"Gormanghast", the trilogy, by Mervin Peake
Old September 27th 10, 01:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Sep 25, 6:48*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Current - Body Work by Sarah Paretsky -
Next - The Crocodile's Last Embrace by Suzzanne Arruda or Sh*t My Dad Says
(DH is currently reading that one and we may let DD read it)

Cheryl

Just finished "Drink the Tea" by Thomas Kaufman - set in D.C. with a
private investigator. Was good.

Reading my last library book in real solid book form - George
Pelecanos' "The Way Home."

I say last because on Friday I bought a Nook. First book up on that is
"The Girl of Ames, Iowa."

if anyone of you have good ebook recommendations for free books,
please let me know!

Donna in Virginia

OT - reading Cheryl Isaak Needlework 6 March 18th 10 09:08 AM
So what is everybody reading Cheryl Isaak Needlework 39 September 22nd 09 05:17 AM
still reading off kilter quilter Quilting 2 April 5th 06 04:15 PM
OT - reading Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 July 12th 05 06:42 PM
Way OT--Reading Lucille Needlework 14 September 18th 03 02:36 AM