***Very OT*** CHRISTMAS ***OT***

Old December 8th 05, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default ***Very OT*** CHRISTMAS ***OT***

wrote:
Just out of curiosity -- I really wondered what everyone thinks about
all the "Happy Holiday" songs and etc? I saw some schoolchildren on tv
the other night singing what SHOULD have been "We wish you a Merry
Christmas" ... but now it's all "We wish you Happy Holidays".

JMO.. If you are a believer and want to celebrate Christmas, then you
needn't cave into these namby pamby substitute actions. I'm not upset
if someone wants to celebrate his religious holiday - and Christians
should feel free to do likewise.

Last year I checked my received cards - only 12% mentioned the word
Christmas. What the heck is everyone afraid of? Looking like
believers?

Old December 8th 05, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I can only speak for myself, but I deliberately choose both cards that
are clearly Christian and those that do not specify Christmas. I am
Pagan, and have a number of friends who are also Pagan, or Jewish, or of
no affiliated religion. But I also have devoutely religious Christian
friends and I like to honor their tradition as well.

What am I afraid of? shrug Nothing really, I just like to show those
I care about that I take the time to think about them. If I have the
time and the chance to have both types of cards, why would I
deliberately snub my non-Christian friends with clearly Christian
religious symbols, and vice versa? Not fear; just sensitivity, I think.

Pat

Old December 8th 05, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

val189 wrote:

Last year I checked my received cards - only 12% mentioned the word
Christmas. What the heck is everyone afraid of? Looking like
believers?

The Bush family holiday cards show the dogs and cat playing in the snow
in front of the White House, and don't say a thing about "Christmas",
which has his Christian/conservative supporters annoyed. One of them
said something to the effect that "he claims he's a born again
Christian, but he sure doesn't act like it."

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: Rosebud (my own design), July birthstone,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old December 8th 05, 09:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
Last year, Governor Ahhhhnold announced that HE grew up calling this thing
a Christmas tree, and he's going to call the thing on the Capitol lawn a
Christmas tree. No one will argue with The Terminator.

And, by golly, the world did not end when he said so.

Then again, we've had a very large menorah on the Capitol steps for years
with a big ceremony to light it, so it's obvious that we're not endorsing
a single state religion.

You mean a holiday candlestick??
Judy

Old December 8th 05, 10:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default ok

pussy yes scy pa

Old December 8th 05, 10:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

hai

Old December 8th 05, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:30:55 -0800, Karen C - California
wrote:

val189 wrote:

Last year I checked my received cards - only 12% mentioned the word
Christmas. What the heck is everyone afraid of? Looking like
believers?

The Bush family holiday cards show the dogs and cat playing in the snow
in front of the White House, and don't say a thing about "Christmas",
which has his Christian/conservative supporters annoyed. One of them
said something to the effect that "he claims he's a born again
Christian, but he sure doesn't act like it."

Talking about GWB - someone (who shall be nameless) sent me a calendar
for my desk with a Bushism a day.

I found the one for December 7 very interesting in light of Katrina.

"The person who runs FEMA is someone who must have the trust of the
president. Because the person who runs FEMA is the first voice,
oftentimes, of someone whose life has been turned upside down hears
from"

That was said in Austin, Texas in 2001 - presumably when he was busy
appointing his friend as head of FEMA
Old December 8th 05, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Speaking of GWB, go to Google, type in the word 'failure' and hit the
'I'm feeling lucky' button. Interesting, no?
Dora

Old December 8th 05, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Ohhhhhhh - to be perfect like so many (think they) are on this ng. Woe is
me.
:-^
Sharon (N.B.)