Fiskars, was Rotary cutter problem - revisited

Old July 20th 03, 11:50 PM
Jennifer Hepworth

Default Fiskars, was Rotary cutter problem - revisited

Hi Sandy, I have written to them three times now asking about a
replacememt
screw and where I can locate one in my area. My rotary cutter is one of
the original models - the replacement that I just bought is mostly
orange plastic parts (made in Mexico with the blade from Viet Nam) I
have no idea how long this new one might last but I am keeping a dated
receipt. I did notice that this new blade has no inner 'teeth' on it -
I'm thinking that perhaps Fiskars is aware of the grooving problem??
I'd like to keep using the original handle assembly because the blade
release is integral to the handle unlike the 'new' model's orange
button.
Jennifer in Ottawa

------
Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2003, 9:45pm
(EDT+4) From: (Sandy=A0Foster)
In article ,
(Jennifer Hepworth) wrote:
Hi Laurie, you have reappeared from the black hole! I replaced my rotary
cutter on Friday - I am also going to keep the old one and try to get a
new screw assembly made for it. Since this grooving is a defect - it
should be covered by Fiskars replacement warranty? The screw should have
been made from the same metal as the blades to avoid the problem. So far
Fiskars are not addressing the issue. Jennifer in Ottawa
My Fiskars 45mm rotary cutter had a problem a few weeks ago; the lock
release completely snapped off. I'd had this cutter for several years,
so I figured it was probably time to go buy a new one; but then I
remembered the great service Fiskars had given me when my thread snips
wore out last year. I went to their site, found a link to send them a
message and explained the problem very politely. Equally polite was the
reply, which told me to package up the cutter and send it to them. They
would then send me a brand new one in return -- no charge. And they did!
I love Fiskars!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster

Old July 21st 03, 03:59 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Just have Sandy write to Fiskars for you :-)

marcella

In article ,
(Jennifer Hepworth) wrote:

Hi Sandy, I have written to them three times now asking about a
replacememt
screw and where I can locate one in my area. My rotary cutter is one of
the original models - the replacement that I just bought is mostly
orange plastic parts (made in Mexico with the blade from Viet Nam) I
have no idea how long this new one might last but I am keeping a dated
receipt. I did notice that this new blade has no inner 'teeth' on it -
I'm thinking that perhaps Fiskars is aware of the grooving problem??
I'd like to keep using the original handle assembly because the blade
release is integral to the handle unlike the 'new' model's orange
button.
Jennifer in Ottawa

------
Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2003, 9:45pm
(EDT+4) From: s
(Sandy*Foster)

Old July 21st 03, 04:53 AM
Jennifer Hepworth

Unfortunately, we would still be dealing with the Canadian Fiskars and
all their
quirks. I don't want to replace the whole thing - I only want a new
screw assembly and I'll fix it myself, haha. It would be nice however
to receive a reply to just one of my messages.. Jennifer in Ottawa
------
Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2003, 2:59am
(EDT+4) From: (Marcella=A0Tracy=A0Peek)
Just have Sandy write to Fiskars for you :-)
marcella
In article ,
(Jennifer Hepworth) wrote:
=A0=A0Hi Sandy, I have written to them three times now asking about a
replacememt
screw and where I can locate one in my area. My rotary cutter is one of
the original models - the replacement that I just bought is mostly
orange plastic parts (made in Mexico with the blade from Viet Nam) I
have no idea how long this new one might last but I am keeping a dated
receipt. I did notice that this new blade has no inner 'teeth' on it -
I'm thinking that perhaps Fiskars is aware of the grooving problem?? I'd
like to keep using the original handle assembly because the blade
release is integral to the handle unlike the 'new' model's orange
button.
Jennifer in Ottawa
------
Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2003, 9:45pm
(EDT+4) From: s
(Sandy=A0Foster) In article
,