***Very OT*** CHRISTMAS ***OT***

Old December 5th 05, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default ***Very OT*** CHRISTMAS ***OT***

Just out of curiosity -- I really wondered what everyone thinks about
all the "Happy Holiday" songs and etc? I saw some schoolchildren on tv
the other night singing what SHOULD have been "We wish you a Merry
Christmas" ... but now it's all "We wish you Happy Holidays". And then
Saturday Night Live did a spoof on the whole thing too. Frankly, I'm
apalled. Have people forgotten Christmas is the celebration of the
birth of Christ? Or is it all now just a reason to give presents? Oh
and my step-daughter came to visit from college this weekend, and
she's upset that history books no longer can print A.D. or B.C. -- now
it all has to be CE or BCE (common era and before common era). Sorry,
I'll shut up now. Except to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jennifer/Poetta

www.ladybuglane.com
Old December 5th 05, 10:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote in message
Just out of curiosity -- I really wondered what everyone thinks about
all the "Happy Holiday" songs and etc? I saw some schoolchildren on tv
the other night singing what SHOULD have been "We wish you a Merry
Christmas" ... but now it's all "We wish you Happy Holidays". And then
Saturday Night Live did a spoof on the whole thing too. Frankly, I'm
apalled. Have people forgotten Christmas is the celebration of the
birth of Christ? Or is it all now just a reason to give presents? Oh
and my step-daughter came to visit from college this weekend, and
she's upset that history books no longer can print A.D. or B.C. -- now
it all has to be CE or BCE (common era and before common era). Sorry,
I'll shut up now. Except to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jennifer/Poetta

www.ladybuglane.com

Happy Christmas to you too!

We are even more apalled over here, as we no longer have "Christmas" lights
but "Winter" lights in the streets - for fear of offending the ethnic
religions!

None of us ever objected to them celebrating THEIR festivals, after all!
Political correctness gone completely mad!

Pat P

Old December 5th 05, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Pat P wrote:

We are even more apalled over here, as we no longer have "Christmas" lights

Speaking of lights, someone synchronized their Christmas house lights
to music. It's really something to see! I can't find a proper link
so, if anyone would like me to send them the file, just email me (my
address isn't munged) and put "Christmas light show" in the subj. and
I'll happily forward it.

Joan

Old December 5th 05, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Joan, if Gillian doesn't have it still, I think I do!
Cheryl

Old December 6th 05, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Joan, if Gillian doesn't have it still, I think I do!

Thanks, but I *have* it. I just can't attach a .wmv file on here,
y'know, and was looking for a *website* addy I could post here so
others could see it!

It's really cool, isn't it?

Joan

Old December 6th 05, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Gill Murray wrote:
Joan,

Cheryl sent this to me. It was a wmv file, and I will try to forward it
on to you!

Gillian

Here's the link on Snopes, so you don't have to email it around:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

There are two different videos of choreographed lights.

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com
Old December 6th 05, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
Gill Murray wrote:
Joan,

Cheryl sent this to me. It was a wmv file, and I will try to forward it
on to you!

Gillian

Here's the link on Snopes, so you don't have to email it around:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

There are two different videos of choreographed lights.

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com

I saw the interview this morning on the today show. They seem like a great
family. They respect their neighbors and only have the show lit up from 6
pm to 10 pm and they have told everyone that if it annoys them they will
stop.

Lucille

Old December 6th 05, 12:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 12/5/05 9:47 PM, in article , "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Gill Murray wrote:
Joan,

Cheryl sent this to me. It was a wmv file, and I will try to forward it
on to you!

Gillian

Here's the link on Snopes, so you don't have to email it around:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

There are two different videos of choreographed lights.

Sue

Did anyone else watch the Jingle Bells light show (small link near bottom of
page)? I loved it.

Cheryl

Old December 6th 05, 11:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Joan E." wrote in message
oups.com...

Pat P wrote:

We are even more apalled over here, as we no longer have "Christmas"
lights

Speaking of lights, someone synchronized their Christmas house lights
to music. It's really something to see! I can't find a proper link
so, if anyone would like me to send them the file, just email me (my
address isn't munged) and put "Christmas light show" in the subj. and
I'll happily forward it.

Joan

Someone sent it to me - it was very clever, but if that house was next to me
I`d have the Police on them! Talk about NOISY!

Pat P