A new swapper request - and Teri question

Old October 28th 05, 02:31 AM
Tina

Default A new swapper request - and Teri question

Dear RCTQ Friends:

My wonderful DS, Billy, whom you have all seen me talk about here
before since he is my "sewing buddy" has asked me for a favor. This
evening, he is working on Crazy Patches and came to ask me if I would
ask my friends on my quilt group if they would "swap" with him. He
would like to receive an ATC or postcard from a "quilting buddy". I
explained to him that when you do a "swap", you have to send something
to the person who is sending to you to "swap" with. He thinks he could
do that and would like to try.

So here's my request, is there anyone who would be willing to swap a
card with Billy my 9 year old sewing buddy?

Please feel free to email me off list to discuss.

Teri, et al - what about a kid swap? Since you have a boy that sews
also? Do you think he would be interested in a swap?

TIA,
Tina
tina at ogd-graphics dot com

Old October 28th 05, 02:58 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I would love to swap an ATC with your Billy! I have a dad "Bill" and a
son "Bill", so this would be fun for me. Just one thing- I need
TIME!!! Still frantically working on my TEN ATCs which are due *soon*.
;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 28th 05, 03:01 AM
Tina

Leslie! That would be awesome and of course we understand the time
issue. Billy isn't a fast sewer yet, so he would need a little time
also. But he would love to give it a try!

Thanks and Hugs,
Tina

Old October 28th 05, 03:09 AM
Tina

Actually, this got me to thinking - I know there are other kids of
RCTQ'ers, grandkids, etc. that are learning to sew also. You think we
could put together a "swap" of sorts for them?

Billy always gets so frustrated when I get squishies and such in the
mail. He has been very fortunate to get a couple of much loved, very
appreciated "squishies" of his own from fellow RCTQ'ers - but he gets
really frustrated now that I am participating in swaps and he can't.

What do you think? Know of any kids of your own, or grandkids who
might like to be a sewing swapper pen pal of sorts?

Tina

Old October 28th 05, 04:18 AM
extremevalues

I have a 13 yo dd who might be interested.

What about a simple block swap - siggy swap? Rail fence or square in a
square?

Carol in TX
Need therapy? Make a quilt!

Old October 28th 05, 04:44 AM
Cappy

Or a nine patch? I have a couple of nieces that might be interested - two are
12 and one is 10...

Cappy

ups.com...

Old October 28th 05, 05:03 AM
Tricia

I'll send on a post card =) Just let me know the snail =)

I'm not sure what an ATC is???

Tricia

Old October 28th 05, 05:35 AM
Terbear

Every since Josh saw my Sock Monkey ATC & shrimp ATC,he has been bugging
me....I want one Mom...
I told him he has to make me one in order to get one. I told him about Billy
& he is all for it. E-mail me & we can work out specifics for a one on one
swap. Maybe they can agree on a theme or something.
you can e-mail me at
sounds like fun!
hugs,
Teri

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

ups.com...

Old October 28th 05, 11:49 AM
Tina

I think even a simple block swap would be a good idea too! Let's
bounce around the ideas and see what we come up with!

Thanks!
Tina

Old October 28th 05, 11:54 AM
Tina

Replied privately.

Thanks so much Teri, I think this will be a lot of fun for them.

Billy was really excited last night. I was exhausted and he wanted me
to stay up until I got a reply!
NOT! Sorry, LOL.

Hugs,
Tina