OT prayers & good thoughts needed

Old September 9th 05, 01:51 AM
Phyllis Nilsson

I am so sorry this is happening. I am praying for healing and peace of
mind.

Terbear wrote:
I recieved this message from my MIL regarding my FIL. We found out he had
cancer when we went to visit them this past 4th of July. He has since then
received chemo, yet here is the letter explaining the results:
Dear Friends and family, Wed. Sim took an MRI of his leg and today, friday,
we went to the city to see his doctor at MSK. We got terrible news. The
chemo did not shrink the tumor as it is resistant to the chemo and it
actually grew. They have one more kind of chemo to try with a 10 to 20%
chance that it will work. Not very good odds but we have to try it. It is
given as an out patient and the first dose is next Friday in the city and
then once every week out here in Commack. He also said it wouldn't be as
debilitating as the first batch of chemo. At least there was some good news
there. If this doesn't work then he has to have his leg amputated and there
is still no guarantee that he is cancer free as a tiny group of cells could
have broken off and are incubating somewhere but their equipment is not
sensitive enough to pick up such a small amount of cells. So you see, all
the tests they have are useless. We are both drained from this but we will
rally and fight.

I know your prayers are very powerful as I have read many times, and that is
why I am asking for them. TIA

Old September 9th 05, 01:59 AM
Patti S

Oh gosh.... I'm so sorry.
Will definitely say my prayers for your family, loudly - and clearly.

Hugz
Patti in Seattle

Old September 9th 05, 02:07 AM
Mary in Washington

Prayers on the way from Washington. Bless you and your family.

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa

If I quilt fast enough does it count as an aerobic exercise??

Old September 9th 05, 02:24 AM
Bookbug

Teri, so sorry to hear about your FIL. I'll think good thoughts for
him and the rest of your family. Have strength.

Michelle

Old September 9th 05, 02:25 AM
Bookbug

Old September 9th 05, 02:42 AM
Donna

Prayers on their way, Teri!!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Terbear" wrote in message
[...]

Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old September 9th 05, 03:00 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

We have a lot of cancer in my family so I have an idea how you and your
family is feeling. Hugs and prayers coming from MO.

Leslie

Old September 9th 05, 03:08 AM
nana2b

Teri, I am sending positive thoughts and strong prayers for you DFIL's
treatment. I hope that the next round of Chemo treats him a bit kinder.

Linda

Old September 9th 05, 03:45 AM
Elaine Abner

Prayers on the way for your FIL and family. Elaine