AD: Summer BOOK SALE - fused/stained..

Old July 22nd 05, 02:24 PM
derek

Default AD: Summer BOOK SALE - fused/stained..

Take a look - Sale good till the end of the month. Same day despatch.
Anywhere.!

http://www.pandorasbookshop.com

Tks for your time!

Old July 22nd 05, 04:55 PM

derek wrote:
Take a look - Sale good till the end of the month. Same day despatch.
Anywhere.!

http://www.pandorasbookshop.com

Tks for your time!

From your website: "We are strictly an online store, with a UK outlet,

and a warehouse in Ireland. We don't take phone calls - if you'd like
to speak to us, just email you telephone number, and we'll call YOU!"

Being that you don't take phone calls indicates poor business
practices. Customer service is very important. Having to send you a
phone number and then having to wait for you to call doesn't work for
me.

andy

Old July 22nd 05, 06:36 PM
derek

Andy,

The website has been operating very successfully since the launch in May.
Not one single customer has required or requested a phone conversation.

However, I have a dog to exercise, garden to tend to, orders to fill and
drop off at the post office, as well as a life outside bookselling. The
alternative is to have an answerphone greet customers.

Being that I don't take phone calls is NOT "poor business practice". Among
other things, poor business practice is sluggish despatch of orders,
non-communication, and advertising out of stock items. The wesbsite is
streamlined such that all orders are despatched the same day if we receive
them before the 2 pm cutoff time. We only deal with Paypal, or direct
payment into our bank account.

Thank you for your comments.

Derek

PandorasBookshop.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
derek wrote:
Take a look - Sale good till the end of the month. Same day despatch.
Anywhere.!

http://www.pandorasbookshop.com

Tks for your time!

From your website: "We are strictly an online store, with a UK outlet,

Old July 22nd 05, 07:02 PM

I didn't mean to sound negative but I still think that even saying "we
don't take phone calls" is slightly on the negative side. Don't call
us, we'll call you has a tone of "we don't really care. I guess I'm
just the type that finds communication via email in regards to an order
or a question about a product a little impersonal and would rather get
those types of answers over the phone. But nonetheless...best of luck
to you and your biz. :-)

Andy

Old July 22nd 05, 08:14 PM
derek

Andy,
OK, point taken. I'll re-phrase that!
We have also been selling via eBay for some time, with something like 350
positives, and not one single negative. Feedback like that speaks for
itself, but of course, those browsing the website wouldn't necessarily be
aware of the excellent service we pride ourselves on.

Regards,

Derek
Pandorasbookhsop.com
oups.com...

Old July 24th 05, 08:39 PM
Adrian Brentnall

Hi All

Now there's a concidence...
Just two days after this is posted I get spammed by pandora's spamming
bookshop.......

Somebody should tell and/or
that spamming newsgroups is bad news - but
harvesting email addresses to send email spam is even more bad news,
and is unlikely to make their operation popular or profitable......

Adrian
Suffolk UK

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:24:09 +0100, "derek"
wrote:

Take a look - Sale good till the end of the month. Same day despatch.
Anywhere.!

http://www.pandorasbookshop.com

Tks for your time!

======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply
Old July 24th 05, 09:25 PM
derek

Adrian,
Let me make one thing clear here.. the only recipients of the email were
those who have purchased from us either via eBay, Amazon, or
Pandorasbookshop.com.

If you care to reply to me directly, I'll see that your email add is removed
from the list.
Can't say fairer than that, can I really?
As for spamming newsgroups.. one small ad which has proven already to be of
mutual advantage?

Regards,

Derek
Pandorasbookshop.com

"Adrian Brentnall" adrian-the papers and the wrote
in message ...

Old July 24th 05, 09:51 PM
Adrian Brentnall

HI Derek

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:25:35 +0100, "derek"
wrote:

Adrian,
Let me make one thing clear here.. the only recipients of the email were
those who have purchased from us either via eBay, Amazon, or
Pandorasbookshop.com.

OK - that would be yourself that was selling the diamond drills for
stained glass on Ebay, then ?

I didn't immediately associate that transaction with Pandora - as they
appear to be different businesses (different emails etc.....)

If you care to reply to me directly, I'll see that your email add is removed
from the list.
Can't say fairer than that, can I really?
As for spamming newsgroups.. one small ad which has proven already to be of
mutual advantage?

They do say that there's no such thing as bad publicity......

Adrian
Suffolk UK
Old July 25th 05, 05:30 PM

If you read the FAQ's for this group I think you find that some
advertising is allowed as long as it falls within the scope of the
Charter of the group.

Andy

Old July 25th 05, 05:42 PM
Adrian Brentnall

Hi Andy

Yes - I expect you're right.
My fault for putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 - but it just seemed
a bit coincidental that I should get unsolicited email from pandora -
looked a bit like email harvesting.

Anyway I now understand that it's not quite as 'sinister' as it seemed
- as I'd previously purchased from Derek under another of his business
'hats'.....

Sorry all - put it down to a bad hair day

Adrian
Suffolk UK