Magnifying Glasses

Old November 6th 03, 06:48 PM
Gwandwad

What a wonderful reponse. Thank you all very much for the advice and for the
offer, Ruth. I think that from all that advice we should look for a free
standing magnifier. I will report back in the new year what we decided and
how well it worked out.

Thank you all very much

Dick Bond

Old November 6th 03, 09:44 PM
Kate Dicey

Gwandwad wrote:

My wife has come to patchwork & quilting late in life and her eyes are not
as young as they used to be. She has heard of a glass that hangs by a cord
from the neck, rests on the chest and allows work in the lap to be viewed.
Can anyone point us to a source of supply?

We are in the UK and our son is in MA so sources on either side of the
Atlantic would be OK.

many thanks

Dick Bond

Do you have a Co-Op Department store near you, with a haberdashery and
sewing section? I saw lots of them, with and without lights, when I was
in my local one today. I've also seen them in John Lewis's, and various
other sewing places.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old November 8th 03, 03:59 PM
Maureen Wozniak

I got mine at Jeffrey Alans in with the cross stitch supplies. Any
place like that or Hobby Lobby or Michaels will probably have it.

Maureen