Project advice for a friend...

Old April 10th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default Project advice for a friend...

Hi guys, a friend of mine has been working on making a giant beaded
picture with Herringbone stitch. She started out years ago with Czech
seed beads, but found that they weren't uniform enough and abandoned
it. She then reworked her pattern so that she could use Delicas, but
apparently they aren't uniform enough for the project either. Aren't
Delicas supposed to line up perfectly?

Anyway, is there any other sort of seed bead that she could try?

Thanks,
Christine

Old April 11th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Delicas can be uneven, too, although less so than Czech. Her best (but
most expensive) option would be the Aiko beads from Toho. Second to that
would be Toho or Miyuki size 11 seeds. Much more even than Czech.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old April 11th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Thanks so much Barbara, I'll suggest it! I was able to find a web page
that compared Treasures, Toho and Delicas as well. I feel so badly for
her because this project has been going on for about 3 or 4 years. I'd
really like to see it done too!

Best,
Christine