What did you do before quilting?

Old February 5th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did you do before quilting?

crochet afghans, gardening, cross stitch, needlepoint..
I still garden
"Terbear" wrote in message
I use to have an eBay business & a webstore. I have since stopped the eBay
business but maintain the webstore. I also worked out a lot. I still do all
the other stuff I use to do.

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

"Betsy Ross" wrote in message
nk.net...
I used to maintain my garden, cook meals, and sew clothes.

Susan
aka Betsy Ross

Old February 5th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

guess it is better than smacking!
I meant smocking though.
TAria

frood wrote:
I gave up smoking Marcella a long time ago.

Old February 5th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wow, glad to read that I'm not the only one that has 3 or more books going
at the same. It's sort of like my quilting ;oD
--
Carole
Champlain, NY

http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
-------------------------------8---------------------------------

I love reading. It is not unusual for me to have 3 books on the go at one

time.
quicker)

Old February 5th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I used to get Annie's Attic too and love them. Gave most of them to my
newest daughter-in-law for her 7-year-old last fall, but couldn't find
the ones I "thought" I had with the Barbie patterns. Maybe I was
dreaming I had those, but I sure did tear the place apart looking for them.

teleflora wrote:

"Butterfly" wrote in message

Butterfly (I still have the beaded crocheted Barbie Doll dress with train
that I did for DD)

Oooooo! I ran across those Annie's Attic crocheted Barbie dress patterns in
my craft closet the other day. I must have 30 of them. I got them in the
early 90's. If I recall, I got them through the mail, every month. They
are so elaborate and so beautiful. I doubt I ever make a one of them. But
they were fun to look at again.

Cindy

Old February 5th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Jobs too? Sugar clerk at a warehouse, private secretary
(self-employed), plan commission clerk, water division clerk, solid
waste division dispatcher, bartender (my church friends cannot conceive
of that ever having happened), police records clerk, owned and operated
an introduction service, and medical records transcriptionist for over
20 years.

Ginger in CA wrote:

ooooh, are we s'posed to list jobs too?
Race horse trainer (moved 4-5 times a year, embroidery/needlepoint was
good)
Oil refinery worker
Accountant
Law enforcement support staff
now with superior court system here in CA

[hmm, looks like I should plan for retirement having a crafty type part
time job]

Ginger in CA

Old February 6th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Phyllis Nilsson wrote:
Jobs too? Sugar clerk at a warehouse, private secretary
(self-employed), plan commission clerk, water division clerk, solid
waste division dispatcher, bartender (my church friends cannot conceive
of that ever having happened), police records clerk, owned and operated
an introduction service, and medical records transcriptionist for over
20 years.

I'm currently a medical transcriptionist. I likes it. Have been in
desktop publishing and layout for a newspaper (including the Living
section), technical writing, bartending, security, lifeguard, chauffeur,
and bunch of other odd things.

And I'm THL George Anne of Ęthelmearc in the SCA.

-georg
Old February 6th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Betsy Ross wrote:
I used to maintain my garden, cook meals, and sew clothes.

Susan
aka Betsy Ross

sew clothes, cross-stitch, candle-making, home deocrating
Old February 6th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

i refuse to answer on the grounds of incriminating myself.
good try tho.
j.
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Betsy Ross" wrote...

Old February 6th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I just don't even know how to respond to this one ;-)

marcella
not smoking, really

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

I gave up smoking Marcella a long time ago.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"Taria" wrote in message
I'd love a top with some smoking Marcella if you need a project.

Before quilting I did a lot of clothing construction. Now all
I seem to wear are jeans and t-shirts. I still do too much
gardening. I enjoy it but I need to find some help for the bigger
stuff.
I don't bake much since we cut fat : (

Taria

Marcella Peek wrote:

The crafts I gave up when quilting too over a knitting, counted cross
stitch, rubber stamping/card making and smocking.

The only one I miss is smocking, but I don't have any little girls around
anymore to make pretty dresses for. Maybe great-nieces or granddaughters
someday.....

marcella

Old February 6th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I was a serious cross stitcher (linen samplers) and had very young
children. Although I had dabbled in quilting since the early 70's once
I found the rotary cutter in the early 80's and my babies were out of
my arms I started quilting more and more. In the 90's I gave away my
collection of embroidery floss and haven't cross stitched again. I
never did cook or clean very much even before quilting took over my
life.

Susan