[OT] HELP!

Old March 21st 04, 06:25 PM
Diana Curtis

Should we care. Good question. Did they ever send us fabric in those emails?
I do miss my niece occasionally. Who knows, maybe she will grow up someday.
:-)
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"Julia Altshuler"

She did
no class or show information either. As with your niece, do you think I
offended her? Do you think we should care?

--Lia

Old March 21st 04, 06:28 PM
Diana Curtis

LOL
I went to the web site that showed the process the kittys were being
subjected to and it was rather hilarious. There were people writing in
asking when they would do the same with horses, etc....
Ok... if there were people really growing kittens in glass jars we as
compassionate humans would be right to be outraged. Its to bad that
electronic petitions dont count for diddly in the eyes of the lawmakers.
Heehee... guess I gave my niece more of an education than she wanted.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
My God Diana, haven't you heard? Where do you live, woman?? Those are
the amazing stem-cell cloned kitties - kind of like the sea monkeys,
remember? You put the kitty seed in the bottle with a little bit of
sterile water and sugar (comes in the kit), and in 60 days you have this
wonderful kitten.. and you get to watch all the embrionic development,
that is a plus I bet her email didn't mention! The only problem is when
they get too big and start pressing against the glass and end up shaped
like the inside of the bottle.. at that point most nice people try to
break the bottle without harming them but it is hard, you know?!!!

Diana Curtis wrote:

How about just plain looking at the person with sadness and reluctance
saying, I hesitate giving out my address anymore. It seems so many

people
just want to send me stale jokes and old storys, and no one wants to

just
talk. That way the new emailer on your list knows youre not interested

in
that stuff.
You could do what I did. My niece, a young woman of above average
intelligence, started sending me all sorts of silly pass around emails

and I
put up with it for a while, family, you know, until the day she sent me

petition to stop the horrendous practice of bonsia kittys, where they
ostensibly grow kittens inside of glass bottles. I politely asked her to

use
her common sensometer before sending me any more of this type email.

Hmm...
I havent heard from her since. Do you think I offended her?
Diana ;-)

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

I don't know if telling someone what sort of mail I want when I give out
the address would work. I suppose I could try it. I've been reluctant
to because there are people who write notes exactly the sort I want, old
and new friends I correspond with quite happily and with no complaints.
I wouldn't want to assume they'll put me on a mailing list without
first giving them a chance to prove otherwise.

--Lia

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old March 21st 04, 09:49 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
I have the article here somewhere....
Miss Manners suggests an apology of sorts, something rather
light-hearted, such as, "Ooops! Beg pardon; I've just cleaned that
gun and I can't do a thing with it!" while tucking the gun back into the
holster or purse, acting as tho' everyone in the room understands
exactly how that feels, dropping their handguns, with the assumption
that the safety was on, of course. g
Have you read anything Miss Manners has to say about quilting?

Ragmop?Sandy
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. com...

" Ellison" wrote in message
m...

Ragmop/Sandy--my favorite Miss Manners column addressed the
proper way to respond when a lady accidentally drops her pistol
in a social gathering...

Oh, do tell! You never know when that will come in handy!

My favorite Miss Manners column introduced the term "ummer" for a
Person-of-the-opposite-sex-sharing-living-quarters. As in "This is my
daughter's umm, umm, errrrr...."

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old March 21st 04, 09:59 PM
Kathy Applebaum

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
I have the article here somewhere....
Miss Manners suggests an apology of sorts, something rather
light-hearted, such as, "Ooops! Beg pardon; I've just cleaned that
gun and I can't do a thing with it!" while tucking the gun back into the
holster or purse, acting as tho' everyone in the room understands
exactly how that feels, dropping their handguns, with the assumption
that the safety was on, of course. g

Yes, I love it! I'll file that away for the very next time I drop my gun.

Have you read anything Miss Manners has to say about quilting?

No, I'm afraid to. I don't think my mini-group would pass muster. After all,
fellow baseball swapper Bethe is in it with me. I leave the rest to your
imagination. ;-)

Old March 21st 04, 10:21 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
" Ellison" wrote:

Howdy!
I have the article here somewhere....
Miss Manners suggests an apology of sorts, something rather
light-hearted, such as, "Ooops! Beg pardon; I've just cleaned that
gun and I can't do a thing with it!" while tucking the gun back into the
holster or purse, acting as tho' everyone in the room understands
exactly how that feels, dropping their handguns, with the assumption
that the safety was on, of course. g
Have you read anything Miss Manners has to say about quilting?

Ragmop?Sandy

Ragmop...are you not sure of your name? What's with the question mark???

;-)

I haven't seen Miss Manners reply to any quilting questions. But, I was
confused today by her column. A woman and her husband argue about which
shaker should contain the salt and which the pepper. The woman said the
salt should go in the one with more holes and since her particular
shaker was a pilgrim it definitely was correct for the salt to go in the
male shaker.

I had no idea salt was masculine and pepper feminine.

Oh, the many things I do not know or understand.

Now, are certain fabrics male or female? Can they all "intermingle"?

marcella
Old March 21st 04, 10:28 PM
frood

On Blue's Clues, it is Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper, and I always thought that
was backwards.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old March 21st 04, 10:42 PM
Kellie J. Berger

oh how glad i am that i'm not the only one bothered by that!!!

Kellie
backwards on many things!
m...

Old March 21st 04, 11:23 PM
Sharon Harper

But if the male fabrics and the female fabrics intermingle won't they make
ummm, errr baby fabrics? Oh the joy!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

Old March 21st 04, 11:32 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I always think of pepper as masculine because the men I've been with have
used it like I use salt. Gosh, that almost sounds naughty.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"frood" wrote in message
m...
On Blue's Clues, it is Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper, and I always thought that
was backwards.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote in message
I haven't seen Miss Manners reply to any quilting questions. But, I was
confused today by her column. A woman and her husband argue about which
shaker should contain the salt and which the pepper. The woman said the
salt should go in the one with more holes and since her particular
shaker was a pilgrim it definitely was correct for the salt to go in the
male shaker.

I had no idea salt was masculine and pepper feminine.

Oh, the many things I do not know or understand.

Now, are certain fabrics male or female? Can they all "intermingle"?

marcella

---

Old March 21st 04, 11:57 PM
Julia Altshuler

Sharon Harper wrote:
But if the male fabrics and the female fabrics intermingle won't they make
ummm, errr baby fabrics? Oh the joy!

You haven't noticed this in your scrap basket already? Leave them alone
in the dark while you're not looking, and there's more than you know
what to do with.

--Lia