Butler Dental Floss Threaders

Old September 5th 04, 07:50 PM
EL

Default Butler Dental Floss Threaders

No, this isn't off topic.

My favorite new beading tool is a Butler Dental Floss Threader -- not the
white kind that looks like a teenage mutant toothpick, but the blue kind
with a big loop and about a 2 inch stiff end.

My bead crochet teacher gave us all one and said they were useful in getting
thread through beads when you couldn't use a needle. I threw mine in my
bead box and forgot about it. Until the other day, when I needed to pull
five stands of Nymo back through a bead or two to bury the ends. No way was
I going to be able to do it with a needle -- it wasn't long enough. Out
came the floss threader, into the beads it went, and the nymo went through
the loop, disappearing nicely into the beads. I've used it several times
since.

These appear to be getting hard to find, so if you run across some in you
friendly local drugstore, buy a pack. I bought a pack of 50 the other day,
which I expect to outlast me.

Elise

Old September 5th 04, 08:20 PM
Ray DeVous

Someone take a picture of this floss threader so I know what I'm looking
in the store for. Please and thank you.

Ray

Old September 5th 04, 09:10 PM
Arleen

Ray, I can send you several threaders if you like. DD has braces and we
have plenty of those things around. Email me at arleenb at bellsouth dot net
with your addy and I'll get them right out!
Arleen
PS Thanks for the tip Elise, I never would have thought of that!

Old September 5th 04, 09:17 PM
Cheri2Star

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gatewa...reviousURI=/CV
SApp/cvs/gateway/search?ActiveCat=499^Query=dental+floss+threader

Hope that helps.
Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)
Old September 5th 04, 09:38 PM
Stephanie

http://www.dentist.net/butler-floss.asp

EEZ-Thru Floss Threader

...Stephanie..

search RCB
http://tinyurl.com/5wm36

Old September 5th 04, 10:10 PM
Su/Cutworks

Cheri wrote:

http://www.cvs.com/

Man! I wish they shipped to the UK, there's a bunch of things I haven't
seen in ages. My husband loves Gold Bond Powder, and they don't sell it
over here.

What a cool site, thanks for the link. I'm going to wax my nostalgic now,
see you later.

-Su

Old September 6th 04, 12:59 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Su,

If you are willing to pay for global priority mail ($9 US, approx) I'd be
happy to send you gold bond and floss threaders to your hearts delight.

Just let know..
Barb

Old September 6th 04, 03:54 AM
Christina Peterson

They look kind of like a piece of monofilament with the ends melted
together. If you poked the rounded end in, it would look like a heart. And
they're blue, I think.

Tina

Old September 6th 04, 04:28 AM
starlia

All of the ones I purchased were blue. I still have some from when I had
braces a few years ago.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old September 6th 04, 09:04 AM
Su/Cutworks

Barb wrote:

If you are willing to pay for global priority mail ($9 US, approx) I'd be
happy to send you gold bond and floss threaders to your hearts delight.

Oooh, do you accept Paypal?

It's funny the things you miss, eh?

-Su