A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Craft related newsgroups » Glass
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

milropa paperweights?

Old March 20th 05, 12:33 PM
external usenet poster

Default milropa paperweights?

I have two beautiful glass paperweights made by Milropa Studios. Does
anyone know anything about this studio, and have any idea of their
current value? Thanks. E-mail response appreciated.

Ads
Old June 25th 14, 08:04 PM

First recorded activity by CraftBanter: Jun 2014
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I have two beautiful glass paperweights made by Milropa Studios. Does
anyone know anything about this studio, and have any idea of their
current value? Thanks. E-mail response appreciated.

I have five Milropa weights. This studio was formed in New York sometime in the 1970's. The most well-known glass artists from Milropa are David Hutchuasen, and also Paul Seide and (last name only) Beecham. I probably paid between $100.00 and $200.00 for them. A piece signed by Hutchuasen would be worth the most. Hope that helps.
Old August 16th 14, 07:23 PM

First recorded activity by CraftBanter: Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Caddell View Post
I have five Milropa weights. This studio was formed in New York sometime in the 1970's. The most well-known glass artists from Milropa are David Hutchuasen, and also Paul Seide and (last name only) Beecham. I probably paid between $100.00 and $200.00 for them. A piece signed by Hutchuasen would be worth the most. Hope that helps.
The name of the last artist..."Beecham: is Gary Beecham. All of these artists have done incredible well. I believe most if not all of these guys are retired. I have three in my glass collection and although I am pretty clear that they are not all that high priced or driving high returns as an investment opportunity, they are quite extraordinary. Paul Siede was the last art director of the studio. Last word I heard was that his past collections and his studio space were devastated due to the debris from9/11. I just purchased one on eBay for around $50. I found my first piece in 1980 at the Holiday Inn gift shop in Davenport, Iowa. Go figure!

Last edited by inkedpastrychef : August 16th 14 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling error