Sad news

Old November 6th 09, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Default Sad news

Good morning everyone.

Just under three years ago I was on the board telling you all that my
mom had been diagnosed with colon cancer. Unfortunately, when they
found it, it was already stage IV, with metastases to the lives and
lymph nodes. I am sad to have to say that my dear mother passed away
last week at the age of 68. Much too young. And since then, everytime
I pick up a needle my eyes fill up and I can't see through the tears.

Like with other cancer screening tests, do get your check ups, all of
them, regularly. I know, the screening tests are not pleasant, but
they can save a lot of grief for all involved, and they only take a
moment. I believe that mom could have beat this if only she would have
gone in for screening.

For now, I have to putt strength by believing that she is now at peace
and can finally rest after fighting a long and very very hard battle.

Getting through my 45th birthday this Sunday without her, will be so
so hard.

GET YOUR SCREENING TESTS DONE

Claudia
Old November 6th 09, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Claudia, please accept my condolences on the loss of your dear mother. And
may you have a happy birthday even under these sad circumstances. Perhaps
memories of birthdays that you celebrated and shared with your mother will
help you to get through this....

Hugs,

Leslie- screened just this past Monday- thanks for reminding everybody

Old November 6th 09, 07:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Sincere condolences, Claudia, that is so sad.
I suggest you postpone your birthday, and have a small celebration, when
you feel you can.
..
In message
,
claudia writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 6th 09, 07:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

claudia wrote:
[...]

Please accept my condolences. Losing a loved parent is hard at any age.
And yes, I will go for my screening tests.

First anythings are hard after such a loss. A birthday so soon is going
to be difficult, but I wish you a day of peace.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old November 6th 09, 01:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Oh, Claudia, holding you and your in my thoughts as you go through
this difficult time.
I echo Kate's wise words.

Ginger in CA

Old November 6th 09, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

So sorry for the loss of your mother!
Barbara in FL

Old November 6th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

{{{{{{{{{{Claudia}}}}}}}}}}}}} My sincere sympathies are being sent for the
loss of your mother, and I'm holding you in my thoughts as you grieve. May
all your happy memories of your mother help you heal.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old November 6th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

((Hugs))
My condolences to you and your family,
Allison

Old November 6th 09, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

So sorry to hear this. I can't imagine your grief. I'm still young so to
speak but I've had the screening done. Not something I want to do but to
spare my children and others that love me I will do it again. So I
second your thoughts, please everyone go for the screening tests.
Hugs
Take Care
Joanna

Old November 6th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

Oh Claudia, you have my deepest sympathy.
I lost my Mum when she was only 68, she had Mesothelioma there is no
cure and when she lost her battle we all felt relief, she was finally
free of the pain. I always cried my way home after visiting with her,
when she passed I did not cry because she was free. It's been 14
years, and I still miss her. She was only 16 years older than me, we
were almost like sisters.
Bonnie, in Middletown, VA