un-attaching a quilt

Old October 14th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_]

Default un-attaching a quilt

I have decided to make a confession, right out here in the open.
Sometimes I dilly dally around getting the final touches finished on a
quilt. Because. I'm just not ready to part with it yet. I want the
person to have it, yes. I made it for them. But I have a bad tendency
of getting attached to my quilts. And I sometimes hang on to them
longer than is absolutely necessary. There. I feel much better now.
Coming right out in the open with it is good.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Old October 14th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L in MA

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
I have decided to make a confession, right out here in the open.
Sometimes I dilly dally around getting the final touches finished on a
quilt. Because. I'm just not ready to part with it yet. I want the
person to have it, yes. I made it for them. But I have a bad tendency
of getting attached to my quilts. And I sometimes hang on to them
longer than is absolutely necessary. There. I feel much better now.
Coming right out in the open with it is good.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

We are twins separated at birth. I'm sure of it :-)

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA - One eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old October 14th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Hi Karen,

Good pics in an album (a real one - not on the web) don't do it for
you, eh?

I'm not surprised, and I think it may be a common phenomenon among
artists/craftspersons. After all, it's your creation - your "baby" -
right? Forgive yourself. I don't think it's abnormal, bad, or
wrong. My DW goes through it a lot, especially when there's no
deadline. I've suggested she make two of everything; one to give away
and one to keep. She gives me this funny glare that's indicative of
it being time to find somewhere else to be...

Doc

Old October 14th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

wrote:

I have decided to make a confession, right out here in the open.
Sometimes I dilly dally around getting the final touches finished on a
quilt. *Because. *I'm just not ready to part with it yet. *I want the
person to have it, yes. *I made it for them. *But I have a bad tendency
of getting attached to my quilts. *And I sometimes hang on to them
longer than is absolutely necessary. *There. *I feel much better now.
Coming right out in the open with it is good.

Karen, Queen of Squishies- Hide quoted text -

Same here, not that I've made that many but, even so.........after
spending THAT much time with anything, it becomes like living
breathing "thing", part of you and your creativity. I've got two done
for Christmas presents and it will be so hard to send them out. Donna
Old October 14th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Oct 14, 2:03*pm, "Karen, Queen of Squishies"
wrote:
I have decided to make a confession, right out here in the open.
Sometimes I dilly dally around getting the final touches finished on a
quilt. *Because. *I'm just not ready to part with it yet. *I want the
person to have it, yes. *I made it for them. *But I have a bad tendency
of getting attached to my quilts. *And I sometimes hang on to them
longer than is absolutely necessary. *There. *I feel much better now.
Coming right out in the open with it is good.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I do the same thing. I never let one go without taking a picture first
either.
I'm dilly-ing with two at the moment. One just needs binding, and one
just
needs washing. For at least 2 weeks now.

Sherry
Old October 14th 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Triplets -- the baby quilt I made for the baby born this summer is sitting
right here in my family room awaiting the label so I can ship it to Texas.
I sit and look at it... and love it... and say.... "Tomorrow!"

--
Kate in MI

Old October 14th 09, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

I've only recently been able to unattache from my quilts. Before that I
had only given a couple of quilts away. Just couldn't part with
something that I put so much time and effort into. Now my home is almost
filled with quilts I feel the need to share. So your not alone.
Joanna

Old October 15th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
I have decided to make a confession, right out here in the open.
Sometimes I dilly dally around getting the final touches finished on a
quilt. Because. I'm just not ready to part with it yet. I want the
person to have it, yes. I made it for them. But I have a bad tendency
of getting attached to my quilts. And I sometimes hang on to them
longer than is absolutely necessary. There. I feel much better now.
Coming right out in the open with it is good.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I understand totally, Karen.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada
Old October 15th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Lately it seems I am ready to let go of the quilts I am working on.
My problem is dh. He doesn't want me to give any of them away
to anyone but him! Since my mom passed he is my biggest fan.
I have a lot of quilts at this point. There isn't a lot more room to
store more. Maybe you just need to make more for yourself?
Taria

Old October 15th 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I pondered the notion of re-attaching. I gave one to a fine young fellow
for graduation thinking he might use it in his first 'home of his own'. His
mom fell in love with the quilt and claimed it for her own. She shares it
with her 4 dogs and the quilt is having a hard life. No problem. I'll just
make him another when he weds. If, of course, I'm not too old and shaky to
thread a needle. Polly

Attaching a rope to a pipe Bernie Cosell Knots 5 November 27th 07 05:53 AM
Attaching a pull rope Luke 451 Knots 6 July 7th 05 05:57 AM
attaching velcro to canvas gdh Sewing 8 May 13th 05 03:21 PM
Attaching hardanger to clothing Jacqueline Needlework 5 July 13th 04 11:09 PM
Question on attaching mug handles Beowulf Pottery 5 January 2nd 04 09:14 AM