My mom

Old October 22nd 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
simpleseven

Default My mom

On Oct 20, 5:09*pm, lynne in toronto wrote:
My Mom died unexpectedly quite recently, at age 87.

She had been failing for some time, partly from early Alzheimer's,
partly from simply wearing out. *We had moved her into a brand new
retirement apt., gorgeous building, near my brother,and where we all
could *see her more often.

She seemed to be coming along, making the adjustment slowly, and
feeling a bit like a princess in her lovely new digs. Brand new
everything...nearly all of her furniture was new, new linens, towels,
etc. She looked cute as a button sitting in her little gold club
chair *as she surveyed her new home..

Unfortunately her heart just gave out, and she died on *Friday, Oct
9. *We had the burial on this past Saturday, in order for all of the
family to make it in from various spots in Ontario, and my niece from
Duke University.

For all of you who have lost a mother, you know what this is like. *I
miss her terribly. *I keep wanting to call her to chat, but she's not
there. *I think the shock of her dying so suddenly was the most
difficult, just as we had moved her, and were hoping for at least a
few good, happy months,

Thanks to all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Lynne in Toronto (keeping the chin up, and all that.)

Lynne,
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Sending hugs your
way.
Launie in Oregon
Old October 22nd 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

So sorry about your mom.
Barbara in Florida"lynne in toronto"

Old October 22nd 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens[_2_]

So sorry for your loss. My mother died almost 20 years ago, and I still get
the urge to pick up the phone to talk to her. The hurt gets less over
time...

--
Susan
quilting as usual......

http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

Old October 23rd 09, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchystitcher

So sorry. My Mom's been gone 2 years now and I really feel it whenever
I have good news or juicy gossip to share.

Old October 23rd 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

lynne in toronto wrote:
[...]

I lost my father nearly 28 years ago. There are so many things I could
never share with him. He died too young to know any of his spendid
grandsons. And I still find myself thinking I must tell Dad that... So
I know your loss, and am sending ((((((Lynne Hugs)))))) to ease the
transition. No matter what your age, becoming an orhan when a beloved
parent goes is hard.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 24th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

Sorry to hear about your mom. Sounds like you all loved her a lot and
I'm sure she knew that.
Hugs
Joanna

Old October 30th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

You have my deepest prayers for the strength you need at this time.
Barbara in FL