Magical Mystery Tool

Old October 15th 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

Default Magical Mystery Tool

Orange peeler. Kids love them too to play with play doh. I have nails
but hate getting stuff under them. Even my hubby uses ours. Simple tool
but great still.
Joanna

I.E.Z. wrote:
Yesterday I had the urge to clean out my kitchen drawers. While I was going
through the one next to the stove, I found something I vaguely remembered,
but can't identify. It's an orange plastic stick, about 5 1/2" long. It
seems sturdy, has a slight hook to the end (but not hook-y enough to crochet
with) and it has "Oxmoor House" stamped on the flat part at the opposite end
of the stick from the hook.

I know Oxmoor House published crafting books, and I have a vague
recollection that this might have been some kind of premium for subscribing
to something, but I don't know for sure. I also can't figure how it got
into a drawer of kichen implements, because I'd bet it's a crafting tool of
some kind. DH initially thought it might be for carving or cleaning out
pumpkins, but that doesn't seem quite right. It might be good for opening
up seams and giving them a little press.

I've posted a couple pictures on a web album. Here's the link, in the
folder marked "tool":

http://picasaweb.google.com/I.E.Zawil

Does anybody know what it's for?

Thanks!

Iris

Old October 16th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Oct 15, 3:19*pm, Sandy E wrote:
* Why don't we have in-home quilt stuff parties ala Tupperware?
Any excuse to look at fabric & books & tools, and eat.

Because there isn't enough chocolate in the WORLD to host such a
soiree.

We could bring our laptops and place online orders.

Then what would be the point of the party? With T-ware, the idea is
for the hostess to sell stuff - not have guests buy it online from
elsewhere. Have the party, sure, but it wouldn't be a la T-ware
without a hostess-profit motive. ;-)
Old October 16th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DEM

add a "prize winner" at a TupperWare party.

Donna
in WA

Howdy!

a nit picker
a crochet hook that got run over by an SUV
chopstick that went thru' the lawnmower
nail file for the flying monkeys
key to the Orange Bowl gates
Harvey's toothpick
spoke tightener for the Harley
Hobbit drumstick

Indeed, a citrus peeler ... if you have the time for such doings.
Gifted by the Tupperware hostess at one of those in-home parties.
I have several, from back when all my friends & neighbors had the
party & I showed up to increase the numbers for their prize. G
(& if they scrimped on the refreshments we didn't go back, & my
best friend wouldn't order anything g)
Oxmoor House also gave them away as a Free Gift!! Wouldn't that
make you order a half-dozen Exciting books? ! ?!!!!!

Why don't we have in-home quilt stuff parties ala Tupperware?
Any excuse to look at fabric & books & tools, and eat.
We could bring our laptops and place online orders.

R/Sandy

On 10/15/09 8:47 AM, in article
, "Pamela
in Texas" wrote:

On Oct 15, 8:42 am, "I.E.Z." wrote:
[...]

It is a citrus peeler. It cuts the peel so you can peel the fruit
easily. I have a couple of them because I don't have any fingernails
to peel the fruit.

Old October 16th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DEM

Oops....should have finished your whole post before
posting.....Sorry bout that.

Donna
in WA

who won one at a TW P.

Old October 16th 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
What Can I Say

We used those for peeling oranges. The hooked end was to break the skin and
the flat end was to strip the skin back from the fruit. Hope this helps.

Old October 16th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

On Oct 15, 2:02*pm, (NightMist) wrote:
I won one at a Tupperware party too.
That was the party where I got lucky at the games and came home with
the orange peeler, the egg seperator, the sugar scoop, and the cake
server. *My mom didn't speak to me for a week, and then when I went to
college and they went to Colorado she absconded with all my
tupperware! LOL

NightMist

I still have my egg separator! i love that thing!
amy in CNY
Old October 16th 09, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edna Pearl

"amy in CNY" wrote in message
I still have my egg separator! i love that thing!

One of my favorite oddball kitchen tools is my hard-boiled egg slicer -- a
plastic base with an egg-shaped concavity, with a hinged top with a row of
wires, so when you close the top it makes egg slices. It's so much easier
than the messy process of slicing or chopping hard boiled eggs with a knife,
and if you mix the slices into a salad (like tuna salad) the slices are thin
enough to dice themselves, so to speak.

ep

Old October 16th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

I put the egg slices thru a second or third time with a twist in direction
each time. Chops those eggs in a jiffy!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 17th 09, 11:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I like it for mushrooms too.
Roberta in D

Old October 17th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DEM

I have a little thingiemabobber that you put a hb egg in
w/o the shell, of course. In a few hours, out pops one
perfectly shaped square egg. ;0

Donna
in WA