Bidders can't read

Old October 2nd 04, 01:43 AM
Cheryl

Is it possible to respond to neutrals?
Id be tempted to respond to the feedback, politely, "Yes, 3mm *is* small."

yep on ebay you can respond to any post...
I'd post...

Buyer did not read size of bead carefully - 3mm is SMALL.... very small.

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old October 2nd 04, 02:30 AM
bluemaxx

Sorry that happened to you, Amy. And yeah, you can respond to neutral
feedback given to you. I've left one neutral feedback for a seller in
all my years on eBay - pearls that had *terrible* holes drilled in them,
with chunks of nacre missing around the holes, and the seller stated in
the auction that they were $80 retail pearls. I still only left the
seller a neutral, instead of the negative it deserved... and then the
nasty seller had the balls to give ME a neutral in retaliation! Even
though I paid her within 5 minutes of the auctions end! After she left
me a neutral in retaliation, I was also allowed to answer her neutral
with more words.

Now if I don't like something I get from a new seller, I just don't
leave them any feedback rather than run the risk of that damned
retalitory feedback.

And as buyer, I usually check out a new (to me) seller's feedback,
reading all the negative and neutral feedback to see just what's going
on. A polite wording of "I'm sorry, but the auction text stated the
beads were 3mm." will get you further than a nasty or smart-ass reply
because you have to remember that future buyers might be basing their
purchases from you on how you reply to that neutral or negative
feedback. JMHO.
--
Linda

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
: .
: Is it possible to respond to neutrals?
: Id be tempted to respond to the feedback, politely, "Yes, 3mm *is*
small."
: Sorry you had a bugger buyer.
: Diana
:
: --
: Vote this November (U.S.A.)
: "Empress Beads" wrote in message
: ...
: I am amazed that people can't read a title or description for a
product.
: A
: lady just left neutral feedback without contacting me at all about
how
: small
: her beads were. 3mm is in the title and description. If you are
not sure
: you should email buyer if you are not statisfied with your purchase.
:
: uuuggghhh! This just ticks me off when people don't communicate!
:
: -AMY
: http://www.empressbeads.com
:
:
:
:

---

Old October 2nd 04, 04:17 AM
Diana Curtis

You are so right! When I check a sellers feedback one thing I am swayed by
is how they choose to respond to negatives. Heated responses make me close
the window and go on to another seller.
Seeing the exact same response given to all the negatives also concerns me.
A polite explanation that seems rational doesnt make me bidding at all. Its
hard to do in 80 characters. That system needs an overhaul.
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)
"bluemaxx"

Old October 2nd 04, 04:20 AM
Karen_AZ

That is a terrible feeling and I went through that myself when I first
started selling. Not with feedback but with an email that said the same
thing. YOu don't want to be snippy and tell them that it was right
there, but it was right there!

Yanno, Lori's right. You CAN reply to a feedback, and I certainly would.
Just say the measurements are clearly stated in the auction description.
Puts it right back on being a good informed bidder.

KarenK

Old October 2nd 04, 04:39 AM
Diana Curtis

I just ordered, and recieved some beads from a seller who is quite
reputable.. good descriptions and measurements on her site, and even tho I
thought I knew what 4mm would look like I really didnt....a ruler didnt shed
any light. Reality did. Holding those pretty little crystals in my hand
showed me what 4mm looks like. Now I know. There is no way Id leave anything
but positive feedback for my order. lol I am the mixed up one, not the
seller.
Diana

Old October 2nd 04, 06:11 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

What would you all do if the auction description said you were buying 4mm
Czech AB bicones and you got PLASTIC????? Do the Czechs even make anything
plastic? Was I wrong to assume I was buying glass because it said Czech
bicones? The pic was blurry and I couldn't see details. I'm trying to craft
a polite complaint, but I ain't feeling polite right now. I should have
known that the price was "too good to be true". I don't believe the other
items were described correctly either, they should have been identified as
seconds and they weren't. I'm just starting to list on eBay again myself and
don't want the rude replies that a neg or neutral would bring. At the same
time I don't think it's fair that the items were not correctly described. I
would not have bought them if I knew they were just cheap plastic. ARGHHHH
--
Karleen Page
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm

Old October 2nd 04, 09:21 AM
Dawn Scannell

That wasn't fair of her to post anything but positive feedback without
contacting you first.
But even if people read the description, sometimes you still can't win....

I used to be a "quarter reference" kind of person. Then a while back, I read
opinions from a few people here at RCB that it was kind of the lazy way to
do it, so I thought I'd be more *professional*, and note the metric sizes
instead. (After all, I didn't want you guys to think I had just fallen off
the bead wagon yesterday...LOL!)
Well then I had a few of my *metrically challenged* customers ask "Where's
the quarter?"...LOL!!!...So, now I do it ALL baby!!! I show a nice pic of
the item without anything distracting in it, then I show it in my hand, then
I show it with a quarter, and I also note the metric size!
And after all of this, would you believe someone emailed me with the
question..."How big is it in inches?" But hey, at least they asked.

Once I saw a person list an auction with a *foreign* coin for size
reference, and it really struck my funny bone. I had no idea how big the
coin was in real life. For all I know, it could have been one of those
honkin' a$$ big coins that you can only fit three in your pocket at a
time!..LOL!
Oh well, what can you do but =oD .....

Dawn
"Art Insomnia"

Old October 2nd 04, 09:55 AM
Charlie

"Dawn Scannell" wrote in message

Once I saw a person list an auction with a *foreign* coin for size
reference, and it really struck my funny bone. I had no idea how big the
coin was in real life. For all I know, it could have been one of those
honkin' a$$ big coins that you can only fit three in your pocket at a
time!..LOL!
Oh well, what can you do but =oD .....

But, they may have been foreign. Not everyone who lists on the eBay.com
site is American!

Charlie.

Old October 2nd 04, 10:36 AM
mĒdcĒt

x-no-archive: yesOn Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:55:39 +0100, "Charlie"
wrote:

"Dawn Scannell" wrote in message
t...

Once I saw a person list an auction with a *foreign* coin for size
reference, and it really struck my funny bone. I had no idea how big the
coin was in real life. For all I know, it could have been one of those
honkin' a$$ big coins that you can only fit three in your pocket at a
time!..LOL!
Oh well, what can you do but =oD .....

But, they may have been foreign. Not everyone who lists on the eBay.com
site is American!

Yeah, and most of we "foreigners" wouldn't have a good idea of how big
some FOREIGN country's 25 cent piece is!

Old October 2nd 04, 10:44 AM
Dawn Scannell

Oh, I'm sure they were!
It was just very unusual to see a coin that I didn't recognize for a size
reference.
That was the first and only time I had ever seen that.
Maybe they were trying to make a subtle point about Americans us using
quarters and dimes. LOL!
Anyway, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with that comment.

Dawn