Corinabeads and challenges

Old September 2nd 04, 01:52 AM
Lori Greenberg

I bet they all come out near the end. I looked and there were over 20
entries. I guess she gets a lot more usually, huh? (I haven't followed
them).

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

"starlia" wrote in message
It's just my initial reaction. I know she is looking for other effects

but
I sure don't see a lot of beads up there yet.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Lori Greenberg" wrote in message
.net...
Hi Starlia.

While it is limiting, I think she's trying to get the effects of what

just
straight, reactive colors do...she already did a challenge on frit I

think.?
And she's already done a Spotlight on Silver.

Maybe/probably an upcoming Spotlight, is my guess.

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=lorigre en
berg

"starlia" wrote in message
I think it's pretty limiting not allowing frit to be involved. I pull

frit
into stringer and then get very neat reactions.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in

message
Back to the matter at hand - what do you think of the current

challenge!
Several RCBers have entries there.

Latest challenge - lots of eye candy: http://snipurl.com/8rfz

Old September 2nd 04, 02:41 AM
starlia

There are usually tons by now. Everyone has usually been drooling all over
the place. This one isn't much interest to me though.

Old September 2nd 04, 03:42 AM
starlia

I meant the beads I purchase from others too not just the ones I make.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
No flame from me but I consider ........beads of others as small pieces
of art.

OMTP (I removed "my beads" because I don't make beads.)
~~
Sooz

Old September 2nd 04, 04:31 AM
Kandice Seeber

I think the reason she did that is because that's how most people get cool
color reacitons, and she wanted something different - she wanted people to
play with the properties of the regular glass, which isn't done as often.
There-in lies the challenge!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old September 2nd 04, 04:32 AM
Kandice Seeber

There are three pages - the links are at the bottom to go from page to page.
That fooled me too for a couple of days!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old September 2nd 04, 04:33 AM
Kandice Seeber

Hahahahahahahahhaaha!!!!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

CPR? Crystal Price Recovery? *giggles*

The funny thing is that about a month ago I ordered almost a grand in
Swarovski. What was so impressive was how small the box was when it

arrived,
lol.

And no, they were not all for me!!

I asked my Mom how much she thought a little baggie of Austrian
crystals was worth, and then handed her a baggie with 500 bicones.

She guessed $10.

And then I had to do CPR when I told her what they actually cost.

Kathy "more expensive than crack" N-V

Old September 2nd 04, 04:39 AM
Kandice Seeber

I have to say that I agree with this. While $1000 is really unusual, it's
an insult to call the high bidder of this auction insane. I am sure that
person has a very good reason for wanthing those beads that badly, and
remember that he/she was not the only one. There has to have been another
bidder helping the price get that high. Like I said - maybe that person won
the lottery and had her heart set on those beads at any cost. Maybe the
person behind her put $100 as a high bid "knowing" no one else would "bid
that high". You never know.
Why are we judging this person? Can't we just be happy for them and for
Corina? It's all a matter of perspective.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Lynda wrote:

I'm sorry I don't care how famous you are in the lampworking circles,
$1000.00 for a strand of beads? This is not Corina's fault, but lord,
that's just insane.... Granted as a lampworker, I can't say I wouldn't
like to find a bidder like that - lol.

Why is it insane to pay that for someone's work? I'm really having a hard
time understanding why anyone is that wound up about the price Corina
received for her work. I sold a Barbie a year or so ago that I'd made a
hand-beaded outfit for, and got $200. For a Barbie. Yup, some people

would
imagine that a silly plastic doll wouldn't be worth that much even with a
handmade outfit. I've seen dolls go for thousands and thousands of

dollars,
simply because someone with the money thought the doll was worth it. I
don't see why beads should not get the same respect and money as any other
piece of art/craft.

I buy what I like, and what I can afford. Personally wasn't that hot
on that set, and sure don't have a spare $1000.00 to put towards
lampwork...

It only takes two people to be 'hot' on a set to get to the price they're
willing to pay. For some people a thousand dollars isn't that much, it's
all a question of scale.

Crystals? well that's another story.

I'd rather pay for the handmade item than something machine-made.

-Su

Old September 2nd 04, 04:39 AM
starlia

Oh, okay. I'll go relook now.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old September 2nd 04, 06:10 AM
Dr. Sooz

CPR? Crystal Price Recovery? *giggles*

No -- catapulting past recovery -- sticker shock from crystal prices.
~~
Sooz
Old September 2nd 04, 06:12 AM
Dr. Sooz

Aw gee, I thought it was insane. But then I do think artists should get higher
prices for their work. So, okay....I take it back.