Some Databasix info

Old June 14th 05, 09:25 PM
Steve Leyland

bluemaxx wrote:
: I don't see waiting for the trolls to get bored as a problem at all.
: Postings such as these have been usually only last a few weeks. Then
: they'll usually disappear when they _don't_ get the response they're
: looking for... or they find their next group to use as a 'victim'.
:
: Compare waiting for them to disappear and ignoring them to "Gary" (?)
: bringing a Troll Flame War into this group because of lots of nasty
: replies to their posts and the reporting of their posts to their
: isp's . I can easily ignore 'their' posts, either on my own strength
: or by using my kill file.
:
: On the other hand, he/she/it/they _do_ mean what they say about hating
: netKKKops and starting Flame Wars. They don't say that as an idle
: threat. It can easily be accomplished merely on the strength of their
: [the trolls] numbers.

hello, bluemaxx
remember me?
thar be netKKKops here?
:
:
: "Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
: ...
:: Ah, but the problem is that Gary will just continue morphing
:: endlessly until he gets bored.
::
:: bluemaxx wrote:
::: response below...
:::
::: "Margret Castelli" wrote in
::: message ...
::: snipped
:::: Oh my Gawd! What a dumb bimbo you are KatieW. I guess I was
:::: mistaken about you when I thought you had some intelligence
:::: and a sense of humor. What's with the 'wisemommy'???
::::
:::: You should be careful not to start a flame war here. If you
:::: think people posting here that you don't like are a disruption
:::: just wait until you get a flame war going. He Hee! Oh Baby!
::::
:::: And, that'll be child's play if certain people learn there
:::: are multiple netcops here. Netcops are to trolls as Satan
:::: is to Christ.
::::
:::: Wouldn't it be better if you just stopped reading posts
:::: from people who upset you with their opinions or you could
:::: use a filter or kill file.
::::
::::
:::: --
:::: Drive sober and drive safe,
:::: Margret Castelli
:::
:::
::: This is exactly what I was trying to tell all of you. Use your
::: killfile! If you don't know how to use one, post that you can't and
::: we'll all help you put one in place.
:::
:::
:::
:::
::
:: --
:: -Kalera
:: http://www.beadwife.com

--
Steve Leyland
mhm32x16 Smeeter#24 WSD#41

=^MEOW MEOW ARMY^=

Relativitiy: Sit next to a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. Sit on a red-hot stove for a minute, it seems like an hour.
"My suggestion is to completely ignore idiots like Leland. They are the
lowest form of pond scum. People like him have tried unsuccessfully in
the past to disrupt the newsgroup. The best medicine is to completely
ignore them. As I'm sure you'll see, they're most intelligent response
is to yell nasty names. Other than that, they have nothing."

JG, netKKKop, alt.sailing.asa
"Warning to all:
Steve Leyland is a trolling **** of the highest order. Killfile the
muppet now and move on. Even the briefest of searches on his past
UseNet posts will reveal the truth. You have been warned. *plonk*"

Bear, netKKKop, uk.rec.motorcycles
"I didn't delete any part of your meaningless, pointless, worthless
post in order to clearly demonstrate that you are the nemesis of
Usenet: the crossposting, non-editing, diagram-creating worthless,
dickless, brainless, gutless, mindless, ball-less, spineless, flaccid,
obese, fish-belly pale, ugly, VD-ridden, moronic, bald, hunch-backed,
flat-footed, odoriferous, obnoxious, fecal-smelling, buck-toothed,
physically handicapped, fungus-infected, HIV positive, mud-packing,
masturbating, whining, simpering, self-important, arrogant, egomaniacal
POS that takes up more bandwidth than a despicable binary-poster, and
for no apparent reason beyond seeing his own defecatory vomitus
slithering down the screen in vile green rivulets."

Admiral Halsey, alt.sailing.asa
"I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires."

William Blake.
"When the Earth has been ravaged and the animals are dying, a tribe of
people from all races, creeds and colours shall put their faith in
deeds, not words, and make the land green again. They shall be known as
Warriors of the Rainbow, protectors of the environment."

Native American prophecy

|\ _.-'~~""'~`'~)
/, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--''
|,4) ./ ' ; ;/'
'-~~;'@ ( ; ;
_.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
(,_..----''' (,..--''

Meow

Old June 14th 05, 09:47 PM
Polly S.

Kalera Stratton wrote:
Oh, and trust me, trolly dearest, that I will not forward *any* message
more than once, or email a complaint more than once per day. Strictly
within the proper bounds of reporting someone trolling under multiple
nics. How annoying it is to your admin is strictly up to how often you
post under all your plethora of handles.

Of course, the possibility that the admin is simply running a news
service for trolls has occurred to me. It will be interesting to see how
that must be dealt with, if it's the case.

Defending a newsgroup against flooding or trolling is not the same thing
as netcopping. If you think calling in your trolly troops (have you any,
or is it all just you under multiple nics?) will make a difference,
you're deluded.

At least two... I think one troll started (from the cross post with
alt.sailing.whatever) and the second one had to follow along, not having
an imagination of their own. Now its turned into fun and frolic for them.

Oh and one of their caves is alt.trolls... I think its a newsgroup for
"mommy, mommy, look what I did today! I a smart little troll, huh, mommy?".

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old June 14th 05, 09:54 PM
Polly S.

Brocading Beads wrote:

I can tell this is a nice friendly little community. But, you
are like a landlord telling the Black or the Hispanic that
they cannot live in your neighborhood. Have you the right to do
that? Wouldn't it be better to just use a killfile or filter or
just stop reading posts by people that upset your world? Have
you the right to decide for other people what they're allowed to
see or read? Have you always been so controlling and anal?

No she isn't. YOU have just been waiting for someone to have enough of
the bull**** and speak out against the trolling. That was your opening
to step it up a notch.

If you seriously think your inane and insipid posts and that of you
buddy-troll(s), will cause the much hoped for rift between genuine users
of this NG, you are so going to be disappointed.

We've gone through rough times in rcb in the past, long before you
showed your ugly face and still we are supportive and strong and survived.

If we do fight it will be against YOU and your ilk.... not with one
another.

Crawl back under you rock buddy... or just go jump up and down, and pat
yourself on the back, in alt.trolls that you finally managed to get a
reaction.

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old June 14th 05, 09:54 PM
Polly S.

Dr. Sooz wrote:
As for ruining

other people's enjoyment, can you rightly speak for ALL other
people?

She speaks for me. Anyone else? Let's see a show of hands.

here here

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old June 14th 05, 09:56 PM
Shortcake

"Polly S." wrote in message ...
: Kalera Stratton wrote:
[...]

Teh first cordially invited teh second.

HTH.

:
: Oh and one of their caves is alt.trolls... I think its a newsgroup for
: "mommy, mommy, look what I did today! I a smart little troll, huh, mommy?".

--
SS~

If ya feel like dancin', dance nekkid !

. .
\`-" ' "-'/
} 6 6 {
=. Y ,=
/^^^\ .
/ \ )
( ) - ( )/
"" ""
Meow

Old June 14th 05, 09:59 PM
Kandice Seeber

I want them all to go away. The only way to do that is to killfile them all
and ignore them.

Some good reading on dealing with trolls. I think some of this has been
posted before, but these can't be posted enough, IMO.

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

http://www.kuro5hin.org/?op=displays.../6/164022/1753

Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old June 15th 05, 01:48 AM
bluemaxx

"Steve Leyland" wrote in
message ...
: bluemaxx wrote:
: : I don't see waiting for the trolls to get bored as a problem at all.
: : Postings such as these have been usually only last a few weeks.
Then
: : they'll usually disappear when they _don't_ get the response they're
: : looking for... or they find their next group to use as a 'victim'.
: :
: : Compare waiting for them to disappear and ignoring them to "Gary"
(?)
: : bringing a Troll Flame War into this group because of lots of nasty
: : replies to their posts and the reporting of their posts to their
: : isp's . I can easily ignore 'their' posts, either on my own strength
: : or by using my kill file.
: :
: : On the other hand, he/she/it/they _do_ mean what they say about
hating
: : netKKKops and starting Flame Wars. They don't say that as an idle
: : threat. It can easily be accomplished merely on the strength of
their
: : [the trolls] numbers.
:
: hello, bluemaxx
: remember me?
: thar be netKKKops here?
: :

Hey, Steve! How could I ever forget you?!!!1
The memory of you is burned into my... data banks. heh...

Thar be NO netKKKops here... nope, nada, none, zip, zilch, zero...
NEVER!
I swaer!!!!2

That said... please play nice with my friends, mkay?
luv,
Linda

: : "Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
: : ...
: :: Ah, but the problem is that Gary will just continue morphing
: :: endlessly until he gets bored.
: ::
: :: bluemaxx wrote:
: ::: response below...
: :::
: ::: "Margret Castelli" wrote in
: ::: message ...
: ::: snipped
: :::: Oh my Gawd! What a dumb bimbo you are KatieW. I guess I was
: :::: mistaken about you when I thought you had some intelligence
: :::: and a sense of humor. What's with the 'wisemommy'???
: ::::
: :::: You should be careful not to start a flame war here. If you
: :::: think people posting here that you don't like are a disruption
: :::: just wait until you get a flame war going. He Hee! Oh Baby!
: ::::
: :::: And, that'll be child's play if certain people learn there
: :::: are multiple netcops here. Netcops are to trolls as Satan
: :::: is to Christ.
: ::::
: :::: Wouldn't it be better if you just stopped reading posts
: :::: from people who upset you with their opinions or you could
: :::: use a filter or kill file.
: ::::
: ::::
: :::: --
: :::: Drive sober and drive safe,
: :::: Margret Castelli
: :::
: :::
: ::: This is exactly what I was trying to tell all of you. Use your
: ::: killfile! If you don't know how to use one, post that you can't
and
: ::: we'll all help you put one in place.
: :::
: :::
: :::
: :::
: ::
: :: --
: :: -Kalera
: :: http://www.beadwife.com
:
: --
: ================================================== ====================
[...]
: |\ _.-'~~""'~`'~)
: /, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--''
: |,4) ./ ' ; ;/'
: '-~~;'@ ( ; ;
: _.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
: (,_..----''' (,..--''
:
: Meow
:
:

Old June 15th 05, 03:03 AM
Linda2

Whatever, Capt Neal.

Old June 15th 05, 07:37 AM
Loribeads

Do you know how to spell "the"?
If you don't, please look it up. Oh, and consider yourself killfiled.
http://www.loribeads.com

Old June 15th 05, 02:20 PM
Capt. Neal®

"Linda2" wrote in message ink.net...
| Whatever, Capt Neal.

You rang?

CN

Borax info figjam62 Glass 10 March 2nd 05 06:16 AM
Looking for info on Singer's made in the 50's & 60's Malcolm Spann Sewing 2 July 9th 04 02:59 PM
Need contact info for Stamp Out Cute Rubber Stamp Company WKT Rubberstamps 0 February 21st 04 08:53 PM