OT, to gain a little insight into your creative mind

Old March 8th 05, 07:25 AM
Dr. Sooz

Default OT, to gain a little insight into your creative mind

I know that the things I collect influence my beadwork. For instance,
the black and white vintage photos I gather compulsively make their way
into my jewelry, and other things do too. So----
*What Do YOU Collect?*

Please, keep it not-too-long....I realize for some of us, who collect
EVERYTHING under the sun, the list is quite huge. But it might help us
all learn about each other better if we keep it to our Top Thousand
Collecting Jones.

Ready? GO!!! (And I mean everybody! It helps the doldrums to think
about this stuff, right?)

Old March 8th 05, 07:34 AM
Polly S.

Dr. Sooz wrote:
I know that the things I collect influence my beadwork. For instance,
the black and white vintage photos I gather compulsively make their way
into my jewelry, and other things do too. So----
*What Do YOU Collect?*

dragonflies... (pins, pendants, tiny ones, big ones, metal ones, etc.)
vintage/rescued necklaces with glass beads or gemstones
found wire
found wood
found containers (for plants and lots of other uses)
found 'almost anything' that can be reused, usually in a different way
neglected plants
and recently... a few old wood multi-pane window frames

=)

--
Polly
---
Old March 8th 05, 07:42 AM
Shirley Shone

Load of rubbish by the state of my workroom.
Antique needlework tools

Beads of all types.

Bits and bobs for my greeting card making.

I have just given over 100 cones of wool away to the WI for there
charity knitting program.
Shirley

In message . com, Dr.
Sooz writes

Old March 8th 05, 07:57 AM
melinda

Dr. Sooz wrote:
I know that the things I collect influence my beadwork. For instance,
the black and white vintage photos I gather compulsively make their way
into my jewelry, and other things do too. So----
*What Do YOU Collect?*

Please, keep it not-too-long....I realize for some of us, who collect
EVERYTHING under the sun, the list is quite huge. But it might help us
all learn about each other better if we keep it to our Top Thousand
Collecting Jones.

Ready? GO!!! (And I mean everybody! It helps the doldrums to think
about this stuff, right?)

I've collected a reasonable amount of fabric, scrap and yardage
and
coasters - a number of clubs that hold copetitions have started
giving prizes of metal faced engraved coasters. I've also got
quite a few trophies of various sorts medallions and the dust
collector sort.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old March 8th 05, 08:00 AM
Bacchae

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message ...

I know that the things I collect influence my beadwork. For

instance,
the black and white vintage photos I gather compulsively make

their way
into my jewelry, and other things do too. So----
*What Do YOU Collect?*

Rocks.

I don't know what it is about rocks but I've been packing
around neat ones since I was a kid (and I still have them!). I
think that's why I tend to like the more organic beads, simple
because they are like really neat rocks.

I even bought my husband an ammolite because it is a *really*
pretty rock.

I like shells too and have eighteen or so orchids. And a
garden that seems to "collect" more and more plants each
summer.

- Sandy
www.preciouslittlethings.ca

Old March 8th 05, 08:04 AM
bluemaxx

I collect:
Monkeys, but not real ones;
Vintage cologne, Most Precious by Evyan;
Hardcover books by my 4 favorite authors;
Vintage/antique 3-cut seed beads;
Barbie dolls (stopped doing that);
Stamps from mail I get and also sheets of stamps I buy from the PO.

Wow... too much clutter... time to sell the Barbie dolls to make room
for more of the other stuff... lol

ups.com...
:

Old March 8th 05, 08:06 AM
Armand Vine

sea shells to make into santa clauses etc,
buttons just because,
fiber to felt, spin or knit,
papers to make paper,
baskets,
orchids and all sorts of plants,
paints and brushes,
watches- mostly old & not working
books and pictures,
and of course beads of every description.
Kerry Vine

Old March 8th 05, 08:14 AM
Kalera Stratton

I collect wierd things... I am a compulsive collector. Among my
"official" collections:

Pleasantly-Shaped small rocks
Rotary Telephones
Old, Strange, non-art Glass
Promotional Pork Slogans
Amusing Food
NRA Silverware (Very Hard to Find)
Speckled Ceramic Mushroom-shaped Salt and Pepper Shakers
Old Woolen Blankets
Funny Lamps
Very Old Marbles

http://www.beadwife.com

Old March 8th 05, 08:49 AM
Carla

Lessee (looking around half-packed apartment)...

Ruby glassware
Ceramic ashtrays with place names
Musical instruments
Books
Movies
Beads and beadstuff

Everything else isn't so much "collected" as it is "accumulated"

Cheers,
Carla