Socks

Old January 11th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Socks

And more on-topic than my last post, I went to a class at my LYS and finally
learned how to do socks on two circulars -- WOO HOO! No more broken skinny
doublepoint needles!!!

Didn't think I could learn it, the cast-on and first couple rounds felt like
I had fourteen fingers and seventeen needles going. Second time around,
success! It goes so fast, and I haven't got ladders at all.

Old January 11th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Karen in MN" ask.me.for.my.email.address wrote in message
t...
And more on-topic than my last post, I went to a class at my LYS and
finally
learned how to do socks on two circulars -- WOO HOO! No more broken
skinny
doublepoint needles!!!

Didn't think I could learn it, the cast-on and first couple rounds felt
like
I had fourteen fingers and seventeen needles going. Second time around,
success! It goes so fast, and I haven't got ladders at all.

Now you'll have to do a pair at once, Karen!
Hugs,
YS,
Noreen

who thinks you're mad at her....

Old January 11th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Karen in MN wrote:
And more on-topic than my last post, I went to a class at my LYS and
finally learned how to do socks on two circulars -- WOO HOO! No more
broken skinny doublepoint needles!!!

Didn't think I could learn it, the cast-on and first couple rounds
felt like I had fourteen fingers and seventeen needles going. Second
time around, success! It goes so fast, and I haven't got ladders at
all.

Congratulations! Me, I don't care for the circulars for socks.

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 11th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"The YarnWright" wrote in message

"Karen in MN" ask.me.for.my.email.address wrote in message
t...
And more on-topic than my last post, I went to a class at my LYS and
finally
learned how to do socks on two circulars -- WOO HOO! No more broken
skinny
doublepoint needles!!!

Didn't think I could learn it, the cast-on and first couple rounds felt
like
I had fourteen fingers and seventeen needles going. Second time around,
success! It goes so fast, and I haven't got ladders at all.

Now you'll have to do a pair at once, Karen!
Hugs,
YS,
Noreen

Uh huh . . . maybe in the next life.

Old January 11th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Congrats Karen!! I have a really small pair of circulars that it only
takes the one to do socks. Found it at a garage sale, tried it out,
works really well, but have not made a pair of socks, yet! The needles
them selves are only about 2 inches long, and the cord between them is
only about 4 inches long, first time in my life that I seen a pair of
circs that little.

Bart

Crochet Socks Eastern Edge Yarn 49 October 23rd 05 07:59 AM
FO: The Socks from Hell Nyssa Yarn 6 October 16th 05 12:57 AM
About socks Beinchat Yarn 14 June 1st 04 03:08 PM
socks for preschooler? enigma Yarn 7 December 11th 03 08:09 PM