Crazy Quilting

Old July 12th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.aquaria.marine.reefs,alt.sewing
Margie O'Hara

Default Crazy Quilting

The topic of this post is Crazy Quilting, which is a type of
needlework that was popular in the Victorian era and has been gaining
in popularity since a resurgence of the craft in the 70's. Crazy
Quilting consists of irregularly shaped patches of fabric which are
sewn to a backing fabric. The patches are usually embellished with
embroidery or trims. Topics for discussion include, but are not
limited to: crazy patching, antique quilts, members projects, hand
embroidery, machine embroidery, other embellishments (like lace,
beads, buttons and ribbons), classes, books, fabrics, ornaments,
wallhangings and many others. Below is a photo
of my latest quilt. Your opinions are importent to me as i
hope to win a blue ribbon this year. Thanks and I hope to start an
information exchange and make new friends.

Margie.

http://tinyurl.com/gpl5a

Old July 12th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.aquaria.marine.reefs,alt.sewing
[email protected]

Margie O'Hara wrote:

The topic of this post is Crazy Quilting, which is a type of
needlework that was popular in the Victorian era and has been gaining
in popularity since a resurgence of the craft in the 70's. Crazy
Quilting consists of irregularly shaped patches of fabric which are
sewn to a backing fabric. The patches are usually embellished with
embroidery or trims. Topics for discussion include, but are not
limited to: crazy patching, antique quilts, members projects, hand
embroidery, machine embroidery, other embellishments (like lace,
beads, buttons and ribbons), classes, books, fabrics, ornaments,
wallhangings and many others. Below is a photo
of my latest quilt. Your opinions are importent to me as i
hope to win a blue ribbon this year. Thanks and I hope to start an
information exchange and make new friends.

Margie.

Isn't this the same one we had post a while back and the url opened up porn
pictures??? Notice I deleted the url. I'm not gonna look. I
accidentally looked at the last one and I been trying to "unsee" that
since. eeeeuuuw!

Sharon
---
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the
pig.

Old July 13th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kirsten

wrote in message
Margie O'Hara wrote:

[...]

You are right. I didn't look last time (thanks to everyone's warning) and I
am not looking now. It is precisely the same post.

Kirsten

Old July 13th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip

Kirsten wrote:
wrote in message

Margie O'Hara wrote:

[...]

It's a good idea to not click on a link posted by a stranger, anyway.
Even worse than the porn is the possibility of mal-ware downloading
itself onto your computer. Sneaky scripts and trojans are sometimes
hidden on these things.

--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com