OT Mom in hospital

Old January 7th 05, 12:46 AM
Barbara Raper

Default OT Mom in hospital

Mom was taken to the hospital 3 days ago because of dehydration after
recovering from a kidney infection. And there also dementia to be concerned
about. Tomorrow she is to be transferred to a rehab center for a week or
two. Hopefully they will be able to help her. At least this gives me a
little resting time??? so I can get the house, and especially her bedroom,
cleaned up before she comes back home---if she is able to. Please send
prayers and warm thoughts my way!
Barbara in FL & SC

Old January 7th 05, 01:11 AM
Cindy Schmidt

On the way Barb.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

--
Cindy from MO

ink.net...

Old January 7th 05, 01:59 AM
AliceW

Barbara, BTDT with my own mom not too long ago. My recommendation is to see
if she'll stay at rehab for as long as she is able. My mom was also
supposed to stay for only a week but ended up staying for a month (which her
insurance covered). It did her a world of good. She had nutritious meals
and snacks every day, she had physical therapy as needed, they normalized
her meds, she had social time with folks her own age (an 80 year old guy
"hit" on her - she said!) and she loved the attention from all the nurses!
It made a world of difference when we took her home.

You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers! Rest up without feeling
guilty (ask me how I know this).

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Barbara Raper" wrote in message
ink.net...
: Mom was taken to the hospital 3 days ago because of dehydration after
: recovering from a kidney infection. And there also dementia to be
concerned
: about. Tomorrow she is to be transferred to a rehab center for a week or
: two. Hopefully they will be able to help her. At least this gives me a
: little resting time??? so I can get the house, and especially her bedroom,
: cleaned up before she comes back home---if she is able to. Please send
: prayers and warm thoughts my way!
: Barbara in FL & SC
:
:

Old January 7th 05, 03:18 AM
Sandy Foster

In article . net,
"Barbara Raper" wrote:

Mom was taken to the hospital 3 days ago because of dehydration after
recovering from a kidney infection. And there also dementia to be concerned
about. Tomorrow she is to be transferred to a rehab center for a week or
two. Hopefully they will be able to help her. At least this gives me a
little resting time??? so I can get the house, and especially her bedroom,
cleaned up before she comes back home---if she is able to. Please send
prayers and warm thoughts my way!
Barbara in FL & SC

You've got them, Barbara. Prayers and warm thoughts coming for both you
and your mom.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old January 7th 05, 07:01 AM
Joanna

Prayers are coming.
Take Care
Joanna

Barbara Raper wrote:
Mom was taken to the hospital 3 days ago because of dehydration after
recovering from a kidney infection. And there also dementia to be concerned
about. Tomorrow she is to be transferred to a rehab center for a week or
two. Hopefully they will be able to help her. At least this gives me a
little resting time??? so I can get the house, and especially her bedroom,
cleaned up before she comes back home---if she is able to. Please send
prayers and warm thoughts my way!
Barbara in FL & SC

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old January 7th 05, 12:05 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Prayers and good thoughts on the way!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old January 7th 05, 01:42 PM
Queen of Squishies

Prayers coming, warm thoughts, and {{hugs}}

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old January 7th 05, 02:57 PM
hfw

Prayers and good thoughts on their way from Philadelphia! And hugs.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old January 7th 05, 03:59 PM
Monique Reed

Prayers for you and your mom
Monique in chilly, wet TX

Barbara Raper wrote:

Mom was taken to the hospital 3 days ago because of dehydration after
recovering from a kidney infection. And there also dementia to be concerned
about. Tomorrow she is to be transferred to a rehab center for a week or
two. Hopefully they will be able to help her. At least this gives me a
little resting time??? so I can get the house, and especially her bedroom,
cleaned up before she comes back home---if she is able to. Please send
prayers and warm thoughts my way!
Barbara in FL & SC

--
˙WPC5