home machine quilters

Old March 18th 04, 03:24 PM
pgquilt

Default home machine quilters

recently atteded quilt show and am curious about the machine quilting
frames that use home machines. May consider buying one, but would
like to get some feedback from those of you who have used some of the
different ones available. Any comments? Thanks!
Old March 18th 04, 07:16 PM
Debbie

I have a Quilteasy frame (www.quilteasy.com) with a Juki 98 machine equipped
with Handihandles and I love the combination. It's sitting on my dining room
table and I've done 12 large quilts in the year I've had it.
Debbie in MN
http://hometown.aol.com/dmoscarson/m...xtilearts.html
Old March 23rd 04, 02:14 AM
sean

pgquilt wrote:

recently atteded quilt show and am curious about the machine quilting
frames that use home machines. May consider buying one, but would
like to get some feedback from those of you who have used some of the
different ones available. Any comments? Thanks!

recently bought my wife the SuperQuilter http://www.superquilter.com/
and she loves it. she has her Janome 6500 on there and runs like a dream.
Old March 30th 04, 02:46 PM
pgquilt

ojunk (Debbie) wrote in message ...
I have a Quilteasy frame (
www.quilteasy.com) with a Juki 98 machine equipped
with Handihandles and I love the combination. It's sitting on my dining room
table and I've done 12 large quilts in the year I've had it.
Debbie in MN
http://hometown.aol.com/dmoscarson/m...xtilearts.html

Can this be used with a machine that has the bobbin on top? Also, I
think my machine only has a throat width of 6.5". Did you look at the
Grace frame or the superquilter? Thanks for your input.
Old March 30th 04, 04:45 PM
Debbie

Can this be used with a machine that has the bobbin on top? Also, I
think my machine only has a throat width of 6.5". Did you look at the
Grace frame or the superquilter? Thanks for your input.

I have never seen a machine with the bobbin on top, so I can't answer that
question.

I looked at Grace and Superquilter. I don't have room for the Grace (my
Quilteasy sits on my dining room table) and the Superquilter is very similar to
the Quilteasy, but a little more expensive. I purchased my system as a package
deal from The Crafty Stitcher in Las Vegas (by mail) and got a good price with
free shipping. Other family member had made machine purchases from this dealer
and I trusted him.