A couple of new pics

Old March 14th 04, 09:39 PM
Eli

Default A couple of new pics

I posted two new finished (small) projects.

The March BOM is a cut down version of the clovers in Anita Shakelford's
Folded Applique book. The binding is bad... I wrapped the back to the front
and bound it. The corners didn't miter correctly so I just didn't miter
them. :-)

The pink YBR quilt is for my 2 year old. Her birthday is next month and she
can start preschool at my workplace when she turns 3. She needs a nap quilt
that can be kept there. I did a clamshell quilting pattern using freezer
paper. I accordian folded the freezer paper in 3" segments and then cut a
hump. I ironed it on the quilt and followed the edge. I then pulled it
out, lined it up again and stitched the next part. It was kinda time
consuming but turned out well. I only had to make 3 patterns. The freezer
paper let me keep using the same piece up to 15 times.

--
Gina in IL
http://community.webshots.com/user/dgelias

Old March 15th 04, 01:02 AM
Mary in Oregon

I would bet that no other child has a prettier nap blanket than your
daughter's.....

--
Mary

Old March 15th 04, 03:47 AM
Denise Jameson

VERY nice Gina! Love them both. Great tip too on using freezer paper
for your clam shell template! I must try that sometime soon! Thanks
for the hint!

Denise in Ontario, Canada

Old March 18th 04, 12:36 AM
Coleen

Gina --

I love your BOMs, but just had to say that your daughter is going to have
one of the cutest quilts at preschool.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

Old March 18th 04, 01:30 AM
Eli

Thanks, young kids are so easy to please. She immediately rubbed her face
against it and bragged to the others in the family about how this was HER
quilt.

:-)

Gina in IL

"Eli" wrote in message
I posted two new finished (small) projects.

My show on Friday - a few pics of items - comments? Kandice Seeber Beads 48 November 11th 04 09:51 PM
Woohoo! New Pics! MelissaInNJ Quilting 7 March 2nd 04 03:11 PM
New & Improved Pics are now up Marissa Undercofler Beads 11 February 1st 04 08:15 AM
new pic up and old pics moved to webshots Kathy in CA Quilting 0 December 6th 03 12:03 AM
pics up CNYstitcher Quilting 4 December 3rd 03 06:18 PM