Piano quilt

Old March 6th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Piano quilt

Well phooey! I've looked through a bunch of my magazines and didn't find
the pattern, yet. Unfortunately, I've found about two dozen new projects
I'd like to do! And I also didn't find any subscriptions I want to drop. I
like:
Fons and Porter, QNM, American Patchwork, American Quilter (AQS mag)
Quilting Arts and Cloth, Paper, Scissors. I'm running out of shelf space,
but I can't bring myself to cut them up or give them away. I'm a cross
between a squirrel, a pack rat and a librarian/historian. Hummm, I suppose
the latter could FIND the missing pattern!!!
Now I'm going to find some little sticky flags and mark the magazines that
have things I want to look at again!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old March 6th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I scan a lot of the patterns I want to save, then I divide them into
categories and burn them to disc. You can add to the CDs when you get more
patterns saved. Scanning is time consuming, but I can scroll down the
thumbnail views of the scans and pick out what I want quickly. This is for
my own use, just to preserve my patterns, so it is not a copyright
violation. Last spring my basement flooded and I lost a hundred or so mag
and a few quilt books that had been stored in boxes. I had a lot scanned,
and managed to dry a few and scan some patterns from them. I lost a lot of
vintage science fiction paperbacks though. Anyway, I recommend scanning your
mags as a way of preserving those patterns and to make organizing & finding
them easier.

Jane in NE Ohio