Update

Old October 31st 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Default Update

Life for us has been a roller coaster. In March we took over the management
of a Best Western Motel. First the owner says he's very happy with our work
and even sent us to Phoenix for GM training but a month later emails us with
a litany of his disappointments. Many are items we inherited from the
former managers that we haven't had time to adequately address i.e. sorting
thru store rooms and tossing unusable items. (We each work at least 60
hours a week and get paid for 40 including an apartment.) We are on or
on-call 24/7. We've also been told to cut staff to save money. This just
as we had hoped to put our DS and DIL on the payroll in the front desk and
housekeeping areas. Anyway, we are looking at another position that is open
not far from here (50 miles). We hope to check it out in person either
tomorrow afternoon or Thursday.

To keep this a little on topic, the place we are researching has a quilt
shop nearby and I have been doing Carol Doak's BOM. I have several projects
assembled and some started but just run out of time each day. To keep me
motivated, I have blocks from a fall swap on the design wall and 3 tops
hanging on the wall from clips.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old October 31st 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I'm really sorry to hear this, Mary. It was lovely to hear of your
optimism, when this job started, after all the worrying time you had
had. I really hope that your next move (whether it is to the one you
are thinking of now or another one) will prove to be the best ever.
..
In message , maryd
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 31st 07, 08:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

maryd wrote:
[...]

Good luck!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 31st 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

I'm sorry things aren't working out for you but maybe they will settle soon.
It could merely have been a step toward that new position, near the quilt
shop of course!
Prayers and hugs for a happy resolution to everything.
--
Debi

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Old October 31st 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Praying for that new position, Mary, that you guys will know what to do.
Keep us updated.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 31st 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

In our travels, we find the management of motel chains to be very strange.
Some were wonderful; some didn't even seem to exist. It may take you a
while to find one that fits 'just right'. We will be hoping that the next
one will be Home. Polly

Old October 31st 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Thank you for all the kind thoughts and prayers. I know in the end all will
work out for the best.

Old October 31st 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte

So sorry to hear this Mary. I hope you can find somewhere that you enjoy
being and your hard work is more appreciated. Good luck!!!!

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old October 31st 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

You got that right Polly. We just recently stayed at a Holiday Inn for a
couple of nights with 150+ people in our group. Well, some of the members
got there early and the front desk didn't even know we were coming???????
How could you NOT know that 120 band kids and chaperones were on the way.
Then they didn't know they were providing breakfast for us on both days.
Thankfully, our treasurer brought the contract with her. Then when we went
to check out, I went to look for one of those carts to haul our stuff, I was
told they were out front in the lobby. Now this is 6:00 am Sunday morning.
Go look, nothing. The guy says hmmmm, so I guess there gone. I said how
many do you have and his response was ummmm maybe 6 or 7. I said so I have
to make several trips to the 5th floor to bring out stuff down. I was NOT a
happy camper.

Sent DH on each floor to look for them. Everyone must of had them in their
rooms.

This guy and girl could have cared less what problems we were having.

--
Cindy from MO

Old October 31st 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Meandering

Oh, so sorry to hear about your situation.

Good Luck with you venture, prayers for you and yours.

Marsha