Busy week -- *on* topic

Old October 20th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Busy week -- *on* topic

I've just had a rather busy week! Wednesday evening our guild president,
the other VP and I entertained Sharyn Craig (my all-time favorite
teacher! G) at dinner. What fun that was! I just adore her, and it was
nice that she remembered me from the other 4-5 classes I've had from
her. LOL!

Thursday I spent the entire day at a circle (= bee) meeting, followed by
a guild meeting that evening, with Sharyn as the guest speaker. She's
wonderful to listen to -- as always.

Yesterday I was in class all day, learning her technique for the
Northwind block and its several variations. I wish I could also have
taken her Royal Cross class today, but two of my DGSs will be spending
the afternoon/night with us, so it was out of the question. Besides, I'm
pooped! G But it's a good pooped, and now I have some ideas for using
the Northwind block in a quilt .... Still, I may pop over to the class
later and pick up her templates for the Royal Cross -- it's rather
gorgeous!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old October 20th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

That sounds like a lot of fun to me Sandy! Just a little hint of green in my
eyes . lol
--
Estelle UK
My photos http://community.webshots.com/album/...YNZKnf?start=0

Old October 20th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

How fun!

I adore Sharon Craig too.

This week Lyn Mann stayed with us. She spoke at our guild on Wednesday
(and I can't tell you how many people have mentioned her carmel and red
quilt) and taught a workshop Thursday on making scrappy quilts with
challenging fabrics. After class we hit the local quilt shops. She
went home Friday.

Today our guild put on a quilting day at the local senior center. I did
a hand quilting demo. It was fun but not too busy.

I'm pooped too and it looks like a tornado hit my sewing room to boot.

marcella

Old October 20th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

How fun!

I adore Sharon Craig too.

Isn't she great? Unfortunately, she's retiring next year, so she won't
be back to our area.

This week Lyn Mann stayed with us. She spoke at our guild on Wednesday
(and I can't tell you how many people have mentioned her carmel and red
quilt) and taught a workshop Thursday on making scrappy quilts with
challenging fabrics. After class we hit the local quilt shops. She
went home Friday.

It's a busy time when an out-of-towner comes to a guild, isn't it? G

Today our guild put on a quilting day at the local senior center. I did
a hand quilting demo. It was fun but not too busy.

I'm pooped too and it looks like a tornado hit my sewing room to boot.

You've just described my sewing room, too, Marcella! LOL!

Old October 20th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
IMS wrote:

Sandy, it sounds like the *perfect* week!

That pretty much describes it, Irene! G

Old October 20th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Estelle Gallagher" wrote:

That sounds like a lot of fun to me Sandy! Just a little hint of green in my
eyes . lol
--
Estelle UK
My photos http://community.webshots.com/album/...YNZKnf?start=0

And that green is *most* becoming, Estelle. I was so lucky to have
had this experience.

Old October 21st 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Sandy wrote:

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

How fun!

I adore Sharon Craig too.

Isn't she great? Unfortunately, she's retiring next year, so she won't
be back to our area.

Oh bummer. No teaching at all or can we go to her for a class?

marcella
Old October 21st 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

In article ,
Sandy wrote:

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

How fun!

I adore Sharon Craig too.

Isn't she great? Unfortunately, she's retiring next year, so she won't
be back to our area.

Oh bummer. No teaching at all or can we go to her for a class?

marcella

As far as I know, it will be no teaching at all. She wants time to enjoy
her grandchildren.

Old October 21st 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Lucky you, Sandy! I took a class from Sharyn Craig
about 1989 and really enjoyed her style of teaching.
She is a gracious woman and an excellent teacher. I
look forward to seeing your project.
PAT in VA/USA

Old October 22nd 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

Lucky you, Sandy! I took a class from Sharyn Craig
about 1989 and really enjoyed her style of teaching.
She is a gracious woman and an excellent teacher. I
look forward to seeing your project.
PAT in VA/USA

I just love her classes, Pat, and I'll miss them. As for my project, it
may take a while, since I still have to decide which of the eight
variations I want to make (or all?) and how to set them. G Oh, and the
colors, too! LOL!

OT Busy Week jheller Yarn 0 May 11th 06 03:09 AM
What I did in class this week (ON topic) Kathy Applebaum Quilting 16 March 28th 06 06:16 PM
busy week Katherine Yarn 3 March 17th 06 09:50 PM
AD - Busy beady week Kalera Stratton Beads 4 March 16th 05 03:59 PM
Santa is going to be BUSY-discussion topic Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 39 December 24th 03 07:13 PM