caught still in my nightgown at 9 am (on topic)

Old October 22nd 03, 02:00 AM
AliceW

Think if I stuffed him in a FedEx box and shipped him priority overnight,
he'd get there in one piece? Oh, no, wait, he chews cardboard. That
wouldn't work. I'll think of something.

--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Send him up!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"AliceW" wrote in message
Teach Kirby to do that and I *will* make you a quilt!!!!!!

--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us
"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends."
John Churton Collins

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
It is funny as we never trained him to do that. He trained my friend's

dog
to do it also when she was dog sitting for me. She keeps thanking

me
(as
if I had anything to do with it). Meanwhile, her dog only taught mine

how
break out of our enclosed area of the back yard.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me" wrote in message
When my dog has to go out, he'll pick up a toy and stand in front

of
you to let you know he has to go out. But, if he can't find a toy,

he'll
grab whatever is nearby and sometimes its a sock. He will then get

the back door and lay whatever is in his mouth down before he goes

out.
That's the rule! Too many toys were being left outside.
--
LN in NH

LN! That's EXACTLY what my Missy does, only I have to

bargain/cajole
with her to get the toy/sock. How strange that two such different
breeds would do the same silly stunt!

Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make

my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,

"Damn...
that was fun!"

Old October 22nd 03, 12:59 PM
Kim E

LOL, I like the Lands End version of these shoes. In the summer, I
wear them everywhere.

Kim

TerriLee in WA wrote in message ...
Birkenstock-like sandals!!! They are my answer to shoes. Even the
cheap ones (I can't afford the real ones) you can get at Wally World
have good arch support. Easy to slide into & out of, come in blue, black
and brown.

Old October 22nd 03, 01:45 PM
Pat in Virginia

Terri: Those size 42 are way too big for you. I wear American
size 8 and my European size is 39. I just took off my favorite
(only) real Birks to check. I think 42 is even too big for
Butterfly .... my Ryka Athletic Shoes are 40.5 European = 8.5
American, per the box. Don't feel bad Terri, I was hoping to
bribe the Butterfly for those Birks too!! LOL
PAT in VA/USA

TerriLee in WA wrote:

I have a pair of shoes with that kind of sizing. I'll look to see what
they say when I get home and get back to you. Thanks for the info.

Butterfly wrote:

They have the number 42 on the bottom (think that is the size?)
I usually wear a size 9 Ladies if that is of any help
they do have the ankle strap if that makes a diff.....
((((only saying this as I think they maybe too big for TerriLee))))

Trade....purple/butterfly/blue/Christmas/magician's wand FQ or 2 would
be fine.

Butterfly (I don't do ebay )

TerriLee in WA wrote:
Oh!! I'm sorry, Butterfly. That's terrible. Perhaps we could work out
a deal - if you still have them, and they're size 8, maybe I could
purchase them from you? I usually only pay $5-7/pair at WalMart, for
the "knockoff" variety, but I'd be thrilled to have a "real" pair. They
are truly my favorite foot wear. I guess I should be more careful when
I recommend them to folks.

(note to self: just because they work for you, doesn't mean they will
for everyone.)

Old October 22nd 03, 08:09 PM
Don/Gen

Ya, but he's such a cutie.
Gen

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Well, my dog is very smart. Smart enough to play dumb when he doesn't want
to do something. I don't know if it's my lack of training ability but he
isn't all that obediant. He's still too excitable. I can't get him to sit
when he's excited. He gets his butt close to the floor, but then it winds

in
circles and he can't keep it still. I've been trying to teach him not to
jump on people. If I remind him, he will jump, but not touch. LOL So he

just
dances in front of me.

ps. I'll take the quilt.
--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"Taria" wrote in message
Nothing worse than a dog that won't put its toys away.
Maybe I could send this dog to you instead of a quilt?
Some days I feel more finished with her than my quilts.
Obedience school starts Sat. Boy are we all ready.
I have kids with attitude. What was I thinking when
I thought a dog would be fun?
Taria

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote:

When my dog has to go out, he'll pick up a toy and stand in front of

you
let you know he has to go out. But, if he can't find a toy, he'll grab
whatever is nearby and sometimes its a sock. He will then get to the

back
door and lay whatever is in his mouth down before he goes out. That's

the
rule! Too many toys were being left outside.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"Taria" wrote in message
This 'new' hooligan dog I have doesn't eat shoes but loves
to run around with a sock in her mouth. She likes them
dirty or clean. She is so very odd.
I grew up not wearing shoes much. After moving to the
desert I learned to wear shoes. Too many stickers and the
ground is hot. I still don't like wearing shoes in the house.
Taria

Old October 22nd 03, 08:20 PM
Taria

Cute is as cute does.....
Taria

Don/Gen wrote:

Ya, but he's such a cutie.
Gen

Old October 25th 03, 05:21 PM
Dr. Quilter

Thanks. I think the hospital is pretty progressive. It is actually a
'birthing place', where there are 8 rooms with hospital beds but
otherwise hotel like, a jacuzzi, etc. If complications arise, they ship
you off to the main hospital, which is not too far away.... it is
affiliated with Swedish Medical Hospital. I am supposed to go visit it
one of these days. So I think I'll go with their gowns.. but I was
thinking of afterwards, when my parents will come into the room, etc...
you do stay in there for at least one day, right?

Diana Curtis wrote:

No. You dont need a nightgown to give birth in a hospital. A comfy roomy
Tshirt might be better, if the hospital is progressive ... but most times
its just easier to put on one of their horrible gowns for delivery and
something comfortable to nurse in for afterwards. Birthing may be a miracle
but its messy at times.
HTH
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message

see, my problem would be that I don't own any nightgowns... actually
being reading books about giving birth and they tell you to get a
nightgown and stuff to take to the hospital. Do I really need that?

juliasb(nospam) wrote:

Who gets dressed???? It is 2:20p on Saturday and I am still in my
nightgown.

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old October 25th 03, 05:25 PM
Dr. Quilter

there is no comfortable bra size/style for my figure, as far as I have
been able to see, unless you count one of the maternity bras I bought
that is pretty good. I have smallish breasts but a pretty large rib
cage, and they must be in odd positions because the underwires kill me.
Sport bras are usually made of quite thick fabric. I found a couple of
bralettes that I like, or I can use those seamless longer bralettes that
go to your belly button... but most of the time I go braless, since I
don't need the support. I only use them if I need coverage...hopefully
that won't change after Sofia! BTW, there is a place here in Seattle
that makes custom bras, kind of modifications of sports bras, I can find
out the name for those that are interested (I had seen their catalogue
before, and the other day I found it is around the corner from our place).

Julia in MN wrote:

I wear a sports bra almost all the time. The ones that I wear have a bit
of shirring in the center front, so I don't have that uniboob,
speed-bump-on-the-chest look. My lumpectomy left me a bit lopsided,
with my left side being about a cup size smaller than the right, so I
can't wear most bras without some sort of "enhancer". I do have a nice
silicone enhancer that I can pop into the left side when I wear a
"dress-up" bra.

A bra isn't my favorite piece of apparel, but it seems to me that if
your bra is so uncomfortable that you take it off as soon as you get
home, perhaps you are wearing the wrong size and/or style for your
figure. Perhaps a good bra fitter could help you.
Julia in MN

Old October 25th 03, 05:27 PM
Dr. Quilter

Great, I had one of those.... but from what I heard happens after
delivery for a few days, the white pants might be a bad idea, uh?

Lizzy Taylor wrote:

Dr. Quilter wrote:

see, my problem would be that I don't own any nightgowns... actually
being reading books about giving birth and they tell you to get a
nightgown and stuff to take to the hospital. Do I really need that?

If you are not a nightie wearer I would recommend a PJ top that
unbuttons all the way down - much easier for feeding, I think I had some
long button through flannel nightshirts when the boys were born.

Lizzy

Old October 25th 03, 05:28 PM
Dr. Quilter

oh, believe me, no pics will be taken of me, I've seen the pics of my
friends and they look so exhausted it is not pretty! plenty of baby
pictures, but no mommy pictures!!! )

Jan Dunaway wrote:

Depends on your hospital and how your labor goes. Mostly you want
something that looks decent that you can put on after the birth when
everyone comes to visit or pics are taken. Before wear either the
hospital gown or something you don't care if you never see again. :-)

Jan