SM needles.

Old October 26th 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

Default tiny bags was.... SM needles.

oh dear, then i wont bother posting the link to the 'how
to'.
hmmmmm, still searching.
jeanne

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote...
I don't want to have to make fifty of them. Wah!!!
--
Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.
leslie AT spunkyladycreations DOT com

"nzlstar*" wrote...
no worrys, i'll keep looking.
tho have you considered making them?
seems to be you could easily reduce the size of any
envelope to suit
and the handy glue stick would do the trick to close it.
try a post it for size.
jeanne

Old October 26th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

wooooooohoooooooooo, in MA too.
hope this suits.
http://www.sheppardenvelope.com/envelopes/miniature.htm
cheers,
jeanne

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote...
I don't want to have to make fifty of them. Wah!!!
--
Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.
leslie AT spunkyladycreations DOT com
www.spunkyladycreations.com

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
no worrys, i'll keep looking.

Old October 26th 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Leslie, maybe you should take a look at glassine envelopes? The lavender
will look lovely in these, as they are kind of transparent, but they're
paper, and they're pretty. Also, the lavender will not stick to
glassine. Take a look at this link.... it's for seed envelopes......

http://www.dianeseeds.com/glassine-seed-envelopes.html

Patti in Seattle

Old October 26th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

well done, Patti.
those are new to me so i'd never even think to search for
those.
they look pretty darn good to me.
cheers,
jeanne

"Patti S" wrote...

Old October 26th 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

I stumbled upon glassine envelopes, quite by accident, a couple of years
ago when I was looking for something tiny to put St. Patricks Day
confetti in..... they're really pretty, and stuff doesn't fall out of
them. I'm sure if Leslie looks around, there will probably be some 1x1's
out there somewhere.......

Patti in Seattle

Old October 26th 07, 09:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default SM needles.

Living so relatively near Redditch, I felt I ought to know this; but,
like others, I had no idea they made machine needles. Do they make the
range of types that Schmetz does? I wonder if any of the sewing shops
in Worcester sell them? I'll have to find out - Worcester is only 40
miles from me and I love going there - any excuse! I'll do my own bit
of a ferret out! Thanks for the info., Estelle.
..
In message , Estelle Gallagher
writes
Thanks for the link Jeanne. I will need a uk based supplier or the tax is
high.Only allowed to spend £19 ($38) before tax.
JJ needles are excellent and imho nicer than Schmetz! I have tracked down
the manufactureres of them in Worcester. Have to pay full price, but if it
makes the difference to me why not! lol.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 26th 07, 09:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Considering the time it would take you to find them and order them etc,
you would make better use of your time by making them yourself! Use
something like Carol Doak's FPP, paper make a prototype and then go into
production. Once you decided on how to do it (a really miniature
version of your 'deeper than wide' bag would be perfect, with the flap
the full width). You could make that with a rectangle 1" x 2.5"; glue
up the sides, pop the lavender in and glue down the top. Using a glue
stick would make it quick and clean. You could do one a minute I'm
sure. Do you need 60? One hour's work.
Lateral thinking rules gg
..
In message , Leslie & The Furbabies
in MO. writes
Okay, Jeanne, I have a searching challenge for you! I need tiny white paper
envelopes, about 1 in. square. I want to put a few grains of lavender in
each one to go with my goodies I am making. Can you find *that*? I
can't.....

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 26th 07, 09:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly D

£19? I didn't realize it had gone up. )) I've only been limiting myself
to £18.
thanks for that info Estelle. I will also give the JJ needles a go. (I like
their hand sewing needles just never seen the sm ones) Cheers
Elly
http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote in message
Thanks for the link Jeanne. I will need a uk based supplier or the tax is
high.Only allowed to spend £19 ($38) before tax.
JJ needles are excellent and imho nicer than Schmetz! I have tracked down
the manufactureres of them in Worcester. Have to pay full price, but if it
makes the difference to me why not! lol.
"nzlstar*" wrote in message
http://www.colonialneedle.com/cgi-bi...ing&search=yes

they've got heaps of needles here for the machine.
even some John James for the machine.
who knew, lol, not me either.
i only found this thru google, just checking out the site now.
dont know yet if they sell'em in bulk or not.
jeanne

"Polly Esther" wrote...
Does John James make SM needles? There are heaps of fine John James
hand-stitching needles here but I didn't know they also make them for
the SMs. Polly

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote...
This will probably apply to UK'rs. I am wanting to buy some sm
needles as a bulk buy for our club and myself.. I like John James
ones and wondered if any of you know where I might be able to get
them.
--
Estelle UK
My photos

Old October 26th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
I don't want to have to make fifty of them. Wah!!!

you can get punches that punch the shape of an envelope about that size...

--
Cheers

Anne
http://baltimorealbum.blogspot.com/
Old October 26th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Ohmygosh, Leslie, I just ordered a paper punch that punches out a little
teeny envelope shape. It's 1 1/2" wide by 1" tall. You just have to fold
it and dab on a spot of glue. I will be happy to punch you a ton of
envelopes when I get it. I just ordered it this morning isn't that weird?

What colors you want?? I have tons of paper from when I used to not be able
to choose good color combinations when I made greeting cards.

Cindy

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
Okay, Jeanne, I have a searching challenge for you! I need tiny white
paper envelopes, about 1 in. square. I want to put a few grains of
lavender in each one to go with my goodies I am making. Can you find
*that*? I can't.....

--

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.
leslie AT spunkyladycreations DOT com
www.spunkyladycreations.com

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
its a challenge to google for the right links.
a body has to have some use in this world.
always happy to be of help.
jeanne

"Pat in Virginia" wrote...
Thanks, Jeanne! You answered my question even before I
posted it. How do you do that?

I see there is a special stiletto on the site. I happen to
have one of these tools, and find it very useful. I got if
for about $1 in a junk rack at Jo Anne's ... was I lucky
or what? I see it is about $10 at this site. That is a tad
high, but I really like the tool, so would probably pay
that to replace it if I lost it. NAYY. Here it is:

http://www.colonialneedle.com/cgi-bi...gory=NOT IONS
PAT

nzlstar* wrote:
http://www.colonialneedle.com/cgi-bi...ing&search=yes
they've got heaps of needles here for the machine.
even some John James for the machine.
who knew, lol, not me either.
i only found this thru google, just checking out the site
now.
dont know yet if they sell'em in bulk or not.
jeanne

Needles loved and needles hated Aaron Lewis Yarn 27 August 8th 07 10:22 AM
DPN knitting needles for sale (double-pointed needles) marilyn safier Marketplace 0 October 5th 05 07:41 AM
needles BDS2pds Needlework 9 June 5th 04 09:33 PM
Needles BDS2pds Needlework 3 June 5th 04 04:55 PM
needles FRANK FINECEY Beads 3 September 4th 03 06:40 PM