Sale on Lazy Girl Design patterns? Where???

Old September 26th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default Sale on Lazy Girl Design patterns? Where???

http://www.sewthankful.com/LazyGirlDesigns.html

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
Somebody posted a website/link that had these patterns on sale. I have
searched the recent posts for an hour and can't find it. Please tell me
again which online store had them on sale? I think I'm catching the
Wonder Wallet and handbag bug.... like I need something *else* to do!
VBG

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 26th 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

I have purchased from "Sew Thankful" many, many times, and I just love
them. Their service is impeccable, and they carry my favorite brand of
threads. I also like all the unique "gifty" patterns they carry. They
are definitely one of my "favorite" online shops - and very nice people.

Patti in Seattle

From: (Leslie*&*The*Furbabies*in*MO.)
wrote:

I hope she makes lots of money! I like supporting worthy businesses with
fair business policies- I want those kinds of businesses to stay around
for a loonnnggg time. ;-)
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 26th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Leslie, I don't put the Bag-E-Bottoms in my bags because they would just
add lots more bruises. BG (I tend to run into things anyway, so
nothing "hard" in my bags.) I use Timtex in the bottoms instead for
some extra firmness. You can also use plastic canvas, or heavy
"pasteboard" (cardboard stuff??) or anything like that. Using a firm
batting and more quilting in the sides will help it stand up better too.
As will adding a layer of medium to heavy weight interfacing (fusible)
to the lining. Lots of options to get the effect you want.
I started making Lazy Girl bags a few years ago. G
Love them. There are several in my webshots in the "bags"(??) album.VBG

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
BTW- I didn't want to spend the $$$ for the special heavy plastic bottoms
for the bags. Will heavy quilting in that area make the bags firm enough so
they won't 'slouch'?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Donna in Idaho" wrote in message
So, which patterns did you order besides the Wonder Wallet?

Since the first of June, I've made 3 Summer Totes, 2 Sassy Bags (getting
ready to make another one), 2 Towne Purses (have the fabric for another
for my DGD), and 9 Wonder Wallets. One of the Wonder Wallets was wide -
wide enough I don't have to fold money to put it in the wallet. I have
the pattern for the City Bag that I want to make soon. Also want to make
the Gracie Bag pretty soon. Any bag I make, I make a Wonder Wallet to go
with it. These patterns are addictive!

If you want to see lots of really neat Lazy Girl patterns, join the Lazy
Girls Yahoo Group. You will get all kinds of inspiration!

Donna in Idaho

Thanks, Polly! I *knew* it was there some where, but I sure couldn't
find it. I ordered four of her patterns- the Wonder Wallet and three bag
patterns. Woohoo!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 26th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Just cover a piece of cardboard (not the corrugated kind) with the
lining fabric and you have your solid base. I don't think the quilting
alone would keep the bag in shape once you had anything in it. You're
probably not going to need it to be waterproof!
..
In message , Leslie & The Furbabies
in MO. writes
BTW- I didn't want to spend the $$$ for the special heavy plastic bottoms
for the bags. Will heavy quilting in that area make the bags firm enough so
they won't 'slouch'?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 26th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Sorry Kathyl (and others!), I really should read other replies before
making my own. I just happen to have a bad - made by a friend - that
has a card base, so I just typed without looking ahead.
..
In message wphKi.103329$Xa3.102022@attbi_s22, KJ
writes
I bet you could use a heavy cardboard....just glue a couple layers together
and cover it with matching fabric. If and when it gets soft and
bent....make another one.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 26th 07, 09:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

What about template plastic?

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old September 26th 07, 09:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Bought the Towne and the City patterns at the same time as the Wonder
Wallet.

I got the patterns from
http://www.cottonvault.com/
because they offered free postage on patterns, even international. As
the patterns are double the price over here + either the petrol to get
there or the postage, it made sense.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Donna in Idaho wrote:
I put the Bag-e-Bottom in my Towne Purse & took it out - don't really need
it. I didn't really do that much quilting to the Towne Purse but it still
made it firm enough I didn't think the bottom was needed. However, my DGD
wants it in her Towne Purse so the money wasn't wasted.

My Summer Tote - I do like the bottom in it (it doesn't have batting in the
sides like the Towne Puse does) and will probably use it for the City Bag,
too. Since those are the ones I've made, I don't know whether you would
need it for the other bags or not. You could always use Timtex or heavy
cardboard.

My Towne Purse is the handiest bag I've ever had with the pockets on each
side so that everything is right at your fingertips when you open up your
bag.

Donna in Idaho

Old September 26th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Hey! No apologies! I'm actually glad to know I would have the same idea as
you! It brings me up to a higher level! ;-)

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
.

Old September 26th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Lots of people are suggesting cardboard type 'stuff' for the bottoms, but I
thought one of the main attractions to these bags would be washing them? I
know I end up setting my bag on the floor a lot, so there is always a huge
potential of them getting something nasty on the bottom of the bag. I saw a
small segment of a television program where they tested the bottom of many
handbags and the amount of e. coli- among lots of other icky, nasty things-
found on the bags took care of that for me! Yuck!!!

Comments?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 26th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Silly sausage!
..
In message KdsKi.121278$Fc.40260@attbi_s21, KJ