Time for another Roll Call?

Old February 1st 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Default Time for another Roll Call?

Prayers on their way to you Judyanna.

Buy the pink one and make a statement, it will look very pretty.

Di
Vic Aust.

"judyanna" wrote in message
I'm Judy from Massachusetts

I have just come back after a pretty long absence. I've been married
for 30 years - to the same guy! Hasn't always been great, but we made
it. We have 2 kids, my son, 26, and his girlfriend live with us. My
daughter will someday graduate from UMass Boston, I hope, she's 23,
and living with a roommate.

I work as an usher in a sports arena, currently on medical leave
because I have just been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. I
could use all the hugs, prayers, (psychic healers?) you've got right
now! I have just finished one round of chemotherapy, which went
okay. Round two is coming the 13th of February and I'm not looking
forward to it or the rest of the six rounds. I have to cut my long
hair, before it falls out, and buy a wig (I'm thinking, besides a
"serious" one, I might go for a bright pink one!)

I've been lurking. I'm planning on doing as much quilting as I can
while I'm home and not working. I want to make at least quilt tops
for all my friends.

Judy

Old February 1st 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
judyanna

Thanks.
Today is wig shopping day, I'll keep you guys informed!
All I know is, if I cut my hair and what's left of it doesn't fall out
- I'm going to one ****ed off lady! It's going to be like another
"shot heard 'round the world" !
It hasn't even done anything yet and I'm already looking into hair
extensions!
Judy

Old February 1st 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Judy:
Sending prayers and good wishes from Virginia.
I am Co-Captain of a Relay for Life team. We will be raffling a quilt for
fund raising this year.
This way I can do good and have fun!
PAT

Old February 1st 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

My mom is getting a 'crew cut' today in preparation for losing her hair.
Her first chemo isn't until Feb. 14, so she's s bit early on that. Best of
luck with your treatments. You are another heroine in my book.

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 1st 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rose in CA[_2_]

Syracuse. College in Binghamton. Spend as much of the summer as possible
at Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks. :-)

Rose in CA @}---------
Rosanne DOT Morgan AT sbcglobal DOT net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rose-morgan/
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, fact, or tact are transmission
errors. No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced......

Donna in NE La. wrote:
Hi Rose, where in upstate New York are you from? My DH grew up in Potsdam,
New York.

Old February 1st 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

Hi and welcome back Judy! Hugs, prayers and positive healing vibes enroute
for your chemo!
--
ME-Judy (up north from ya)
ajhusman at blazenetme dot net

Old February 1st 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice

I've been reading the responses to this thread for days and am amazed at the
similarities in so many of our lives. There are several entries which could
have been mine! Anyway, I started sewing in ninth grade; my mother wouldn't
let me touch her machine until I took classes in school! From then on, I
made my own clothes, my children's clothes, and lots of home dec things.
In 1990 I started working part time at a Fabric/Craft store. That led to
making model garments, conducting craft classes, and becoming an Asst. Mgr.
fulltime. When the store was bought by another company and went through
bankruptcy, I left...it wasn't fun anymore! I then went to work as a
Teacher Asst. in an elementary school.

My DH and I have been married for 35 years and have three sons, one DIL, one
grandson, and another on the way. My DH and I are both retired. We've
lived all over the world (New Jersey, Ohio, Texas, Virginia, Italy and
Germany) while he worked as a civilian employee of the Air Force. We are
now in Pennsylvania and moved here to be closer to our boys. I joined a
Guild and a Bee, and participate in an online Interquilt group. The clothes
sewing has come to a standstill since I took up quilting in 2004. Just
recently I purchased the Babylock Quest and love it. I also have a Singer
Featherweight (and its table), a Babylock serger and my recently retired
Singer 6267.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
As Cornwoman wrote 'Now I want to
know more about each of you! Please tell!!

and we seem to have a flurry of new posters, is it time for a general
Roll Call, so that newbies can see who we all are.

So here is mine:

Retired to the Suffolk coast in England from Nottingham in 2001, so of
advancing years!

Two big children, neither still at home. Richard 33 has lived with his
girlfriend and her three children for 5 years so it seems pretty
permanent. He works in computers (thank goodness!). Rachel is 37 and
lives with her husband Tim, an airline pilot, in central England. She has
her own Personal Training business, but I think she has given up having a
beautifully slim and fit mother!

DH Mike is into ornithology in a big way - birdwatches, rings birds for
migration stats, does conservation work, so I am left to stitch! (and
garden).

QI Inspector No 1 is Hodge who is a white cat with a grey tabby mask,
hat, cloak and tail. He is assisted by 2 year old Mia (who is black and
white and would rather be doing other things), and her brother Kiwi who
shows great promise. Kiwi was supposed to be all black, hence his name
the New Zealanders will understand. However, he is a bit of a clown so
grows a long very fluffy brownish coat for winter, with a big
mane like a lion and an enormous tail. He retains his pitch black
face and legs though! In the summer he is black and short haired and looks
considerably smaller.

Have sewed for ever, lots of embroidery, but only started quilting about 6
years ago when my sister died and left me her board, rotary cutter, lots
of bits and pieces and small stash. She only had one or two things
unfinished but I thought I would learn to use the board and cutter so I
could finish her things properly. However.... the stash has grown and so
has the pile of UFOs - and I seldom embroider!

I've just had a sort out of my Webshots, so its fairly up to date. At the
moment I am concentrating on the 'Singing the Blues' and have spent the
evening appliqueing leaves - lots and lots of leaves!

Chocolate - officially nil as I am dieting, but ........ (Personal Trainer
is too far away to see!).

So .. open to everyone else!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old February 2nd 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

When I drive to work I can see the Adirondacks and when I drive home
I can see the Green Mountains . Mary

Old February 2nd 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

DH's family had a summer camp on the Raquette River. Two brothers still live
up that way--one at the house on the river and the other in the Adirondacks.

--
Donna in NE La.

Roll Call Braves Fan Quilting 1 September 23rd 07 11:53 PM
Roll Call Patti S Quilting 0 September 23rd 07 05:01 AM
Roll Call KathyB in West Oz Quilting 2 January 8th 05 03:03 AM
Roll Call [email protected] Quilting 9 January 7th 05 01:15 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM