Selvages

Old March 4th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

Default Selvages

I am putting out a call to all my groups asking you if you would
please save ALL your selvages with a little of the color from the
fabric on it. If you want to do this for me please e-mail me off
list.

GrammyKathy

http://community.webshots.com/user/GrammyKathy
Old March 4th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I'll do it, but I don't collect them very fast.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
I didn't follow your directions did I.........
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......

Old March 4th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

On Mar 4, 9:06*am, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com
wrote:
I'll do it, but I don't collect them very fast.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
I didn't follow your directions did I.........
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......
I hope you dance

I am putting out a call to all my groups asking you if you would
please save ALL your selvages with a little of the color from the
fabric on it. *If you want to do this for me please e-mail me off
list.

GrammyKathy

http://community.webshots.com/user/GrammyKathy- Hide quoted text -

LOL that's ok. Just wanted it sent seperate so as not to tie the site
up and also so I will be sure to see it.

GrammyKathy
Old March 4th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

wrote:

I'll do it, but I don't collect them very fast.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
I didn't follow your directions did I.........
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......
I hope you dance

I am putting out a call to all my groups asking you if you would
please save ALL your selvages with a little of the color from the
fabric on it. *If you want to do this for me please e-mail me off
list.

GrammyKathy

http://community.webshots.com/user/GrammyKathy-Hide quoted text -

LOL that's ok. *Just wanted it sent seperate so as not to tie the site
up and also so I will be sure to see it.

GrammyKathy- Hide quoted text -

will try, Gram!

amy in CNY
Old March 5th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Do you use the selvages in some creative way?
PAT, curious in Virginia

Old March 5th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

On Mar 4, 5:39*pm, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
Do you use the selvages in some creative way?
PAT, curious in Virginia

"grammykathy" wrote in message

I am putting out a call to all my groups asking you if you would
please save ALL your selvages with a little of the color from the
fabric on it. *If you want to do this for me please e-mail me off
list.

GrammyKathy

http://community.webshots.com/user/GrammyKathy- Hide quoted text -

As soon as I can get enough that are at least and 1 1/2" wide. Here
is the site http://selvagequilts.com/index.html
Old March 5th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

On 5 Mar, 12:54, grammykathy wrote:
On Mar 4, 5:39 pm, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:

Do you use the selvages in some creative way?
PAT, curious in Virginia

"grammykathy" wrote in message

I am putting out a call to all my groups asking you if you would
please save ALL your selvages with a little of the color from the
fabric on it. If you want to do this for me please e-mail me off
list.

GrammyKathy

http://community.webshots.com/user/GrammyKathy-Hide quoted text -

As soon as I can get enough that are at least and 1 1/2" wide. Here
is the sitehttp://selvagequilts.com/index.html

What an interesting website! I've bookmarked it for future reference.
Some of those articles in the gallery are really terrific - a cushion
cover my studio sounds a good project!

Cheers
Bronnie, off to cut some selvages of my stash......
Old March 5th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

I'll have to take a very careful look at that over my long weekend! Amazing!

Thank you!
--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old March 5th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne Gottliebsen

grammykathy wrote:
I am putting out a call to all my groups asking you if you would
please save ALL your selvages with a little of the color from the
fabric on it. If you want to do this for me please e-mail me off
list.

GrammyKathy

http://community.webshots.com/user/GrammyKathy

OK, now I want to know:

How many of you normally cut of your selvages before cutting strips?

I actually _never_ do this. I cut my strips across the fabric grain and
then my first sub-cut is to take of the selvages.

If I'm not cutting strips, then all bets are off. But I always do remove
the selvages before sewing.

Hanne in London
Old March 5th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Hanne Gottliebsen wrote:
grammykathy wrote:
I am putting out a call to all my groups asking you if you would
please save ALL your selvages with a little of the color from the
fabric on it. If you want to do this for me please e-mail me off
list.

GrammyKathy

http://community.webshots.com/user/GrammyKathy

OK, now I want to know:

How many of you normally cut of your selvages before cutting strips?

I actually _never_ do this. I cut my strips across the fabric grain and
then my first sub-cut is to take of the selvages.

If I'm not cutting strips, then all bets are off. But I always do remove
the selvages before sewing.

Hanne in London

Same here, most of the time. Once in a while, I have a fabric whose
selvage seems unusually tight and the fabric won't lay flat until the
selvage is taken off, so I do cut those off, but only about 1/2" on
either side, so I keep as much usable fabric as possible. If you take
off 1-1/2" on either side of 42" fabric, you end up with 39" fabric --
that could seriously affect whether you have enough for your project.

Julia in MN
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/