OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

Old October 15th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:44:33 -0700, Sherry wrote:

Heh. White bread, Miracle Whip, and a big fat slice of vine-ripe
tomato. (OK, I know that's gross)

Sherry

Them's good eats!
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 15th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Sherry wrote:
On Oct 14, 1:51 pm, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

Mine is wheatberry bread, butter (no darn margarine!), peanut butter and a
layer of those thick, extra crispy potato chips. YUM!!! Enjoying one right
now and The HairyButt Gang is impatiently waiting for their little piece of
it, too.

How 'bout it? Dare to confess? VBG

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Heh. White bread, Miracle Whip, and a big fat slice of vine-ripe
tomato. (OK, I know that's gross)

Sherry

DS has a liking for Vegemite, cheese and carrot on wholemeal or
multigrain bread.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old October 15th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon

On Oct 14, 9:21 pm, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Sherry-

That's a fave of mine, too! Or a grilled cheese sandwich with a big fat
slice of fresh tomato is good, too!

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

ps.com...

wrote:
We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

Mine is wheatberry bread, butter (no darn margarine!), peanut butter and
layer of those thick, extra crispy potato chips. YUM!!! Enjoying one
right
now and The HairyButt Gang is impatiently waiting for their little piece
of
it, too.

How 'bout it? Dare to confess? VBG

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Heh. White bread, Miracle Whip, and a big fat slice of vine-ripe
tomato. (OK, I know that's gross)

Sherry- Hide quoted text -

Now THIS I love, but I add some onion and a few sliced green olives -
yummers

Sharon (N.B.)

Old October 15th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

"Debra" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:02:02 -0400, "Debi Matlack"
wrote:

I used to love the Southern staple of banana and Miracle Whip (I'm
guessing
salad cream is the closest across the Pond) on white bread. Pineapple
rings
can substitute for the banana, but NEVER sub mayo for the Miracle Whip!

But Debi, I'm Southern and prefer that only peanut butter go onto my
banana sammiches. DH, also Southern, likes PB, banana, and mayo.
Neither of us will have a 'nana sammich without PB.
Debra in VA

I think I was ruined on peanut butter on sammitches by my dad at a very
early age. I distictly remember him mixing the PB and J in a cup BEFORE
spreading it on the bread. What a disgusting color it became. I know
perfectly well that it all gets mixed up anyway, but *shudder*. Anymore,
peanut butter is really just for crackers or alone for me. Not big on PB
cookies, or Reeses. I know, I know... there's something wrong with me...;-)
--
Debi

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Old October 15th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

We did that as kids Sherry. The other thing was the same
with just avocado or both tomato and avocado.
Gotta use miracle whip and webers white bread and garlic salt
and pepper.
Yummo!
Taria

Old October 15th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise and Ray Denny[_2_]

Alice's sandwich reminded me of one I used to enjoy at a nearby restaurant
when we lived in Elgin, Illinois. It was toasted rye bread with peanut
butter and bacon.

"Alice" wrote in message
How about dill pickles, mayo and peanut butter on rye? I grew up eating
this, and never realized that everyone else didn't! Also, we put peanut
butter on our BLT's.......mmmmmmmmmm!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old October 15th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
simpleseven

On Oct 14, 11:51 am, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

Mine is wheatberry bread, butter (no darn margarine!), peanut butter and a
layer of those thick, extra crispy potato chips. YUM!!! Enjoying one right
now and The HairyButt Gang is impatiently waiting for their little piece of
it, too.

How 'bout it? Dare to confess? VBG

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Don't know how weird this is but Mine would be whole grain bread
slightly toasted, tuna mashed with mustard and 1 tablespoon of mayo,
bread and butter pickle slices and a slice of kraft cheese food.
Launie, in Oregon

Old October 15th 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Speaking of, er, odd, how about relish in chili? I went to a mini-retreat
over the weekend and someone brought delicious chili and she brought a small
jar of relish. She said they always put relish IN the bowl of chili after
cooking it. I couldn't bring myself to possibly ruin wonderful chili, but
she swore by it.

I've never heard of that before.

Cindy

Old October 15th 07, 08:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

I just adore multigrain bread with chunky peanut butter and a slice of thick
"good" tasty cheese.

Or (dare I say it) cold roast chicken on any bread with blackberry jam and
cheese.

Yummy!

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/

Old October 15th 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tina

I guess I'm the real odd-ball of the bunch.... a German descendent in
the deep south of Texas,
raised on liverwurst sandwiches, mayonnaise on one side of the bread,
peanut butter on the other and liverwurst in the middle. Sometimes a
slice of sharp cheddar, other times a slice of purple onion.

Not a sandwich I have frequently anymore, but one I still get a
craving for about once every six months!

Tina

Oddball sweater post---?? Merri Yarn 3 February 25th 07 11:19 AM
Good use for oddball fabric scraps jes Sewing 0 December 9th 05 09:00 PM
Oddball question ~Candace~ Beads 15 September 4th 04 09:13 PM
Clothes line Those small sandwiches... Katherine Yarn 15 July 11th 03 09:06 AM