Weller 100 900 deg soldering tips

Old September 30th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

Default Weller 100 900 deg soldering tips

wrote in message
ps.com...

Buying from a message board chatroom post? Not exactly the three tier
system. Dennis has this need to denegrate, insult, threaten, and turn off
just about everyone he can. Why is the question?

Why try to protect the antique 3 tier system? The internet has already
buried it.
Adapt or die!

OK Dennis I'm being perfectly civil here. In all seriousness, how is your
teaching method any different than what I've been teaching for over 20
years? I've taught thousands. Part of my lecture talks about selling work
to make money, but very very few actually make it. I know because they have
become friendly competitors of mine. I'm sure like a surgeon, you keep
records of the success and failure of your students. How many basement
bandits have you taught, and how many of these self styled students of yours
are making a living at doing glass and how about with your kiln formed
glasswork you rave about? How much do you charge? I'm not being cynical,
only trying to understand what you're doing, and why it's different than
what the rest of us do?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old September 30th 06, 12:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

glassman wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

What percentage? I've no idea, but over the 30 years I've been
teaching Business Administration and Entrepreneurial Management, I've
helped several hundred individuals create successful enterprises.

What do I charge? University class fees vary as set by the university.
My personal fees vary for different lengths of class and whether the
classes are "brick and mortar" or internet online. In many cases, I
supply free "mentoring". There are some 50 artisans that regularly
contact me for advice and assistance.

What's different than what the rest of you do? I teach artisans that
they should make every effort to innovate - to ignore how others do
business and create their own business style. What's got you and your
compadres here ****ed off is my persistent suggestion that artisans
shouldn't be dealing with retail shops. I suggest that anyone that
buys supplies to be made into a product for resale should be buying at
the same place and price as the retailer. Many here, are worried about
competition from low overhead "basement bandits", I teach individuals
to start their business with the lowest possible overhead and to use
that cost advantage to create a market for their work. Starting off
with low prices is always a workable way for any business to get
started. An established business relies on their reputation to
generate business. A newcomer has no reputation so must rely instead
on ability and willingness to "work cheap". That's an advantage I
recommend they use. There's nothing new about that suggestion. Lots
of business instructors make it. You just don't like having to compete
with those that have taken that advice.

Times change. Some have chosen to whine about their inability to
effectively deal with those changes. I'm teaching people how to find
ways to take advantage of those changes. One of the things I'm
teaching retailers and artisans, is that stained glass is diminishing
in popularity while kilnforming is increasing - and that new materials
and equipment will soon make hot glass (blowing and casting) the next
big thing in glass art. I expect glass casting to soon become as
popular as kilnforming - and expect stained glass to continue to
diminish in popularity. You can hang on to the old ways, or accept and
adopt the new ones. Adapt or die!

Old September 30th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

wrote:
glassman wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Okay, then die! Dennis, if you were anywhere near as smart as you
obviously think you are, you would reaalize that alienating the entire
glass community is hardly the paradigm of a successful business plan.
You cannot post on any board on the internet without someone slamming
you immediately. Believe me, it is not jealousy, it is the fact you are
a complete and total asshole.

Old September 30th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

wrote in message
ups.com...

What percentage? I've no idea, but over the 30 years I've been
teaching Business Administration and Entrepreneurial Management, I've
helped several hundred individuals create successful enterprises.

Two questions:

1.) What is your educational background to qualify you to teach "Business
Administration" and "Entrepreneurial Management"? Your Curriculum Vitae
please?

2.) If someone had helped me create a successful enterprise, I'd be
greatful to that individual. I'd sure be willing to allow that individual
to use my name as a reference to others. Surely you can find one or more of
your several hundred success stories that would come on this board and add
some credence to your claims? Maybe even get your customer in Finland to
tell us what a great price you gave him on that container load of glass?

What do I charge? University class fees vary as set by the university.

You are teaching at a brick and mortar university? With what credentials?
Which university? Those classes should be in the university's catalog, eh?
Post a link to the catalog.

My personal fees vary for different lengths of class and whether the
classes are "brick and mortar" or internet online. In many cases, I
supply free "mentoring".

Do you consider your spamming of Usenet and glass forums as free
"mentoring"?

There are some 50 artisans that regularly
contact me for advice and assistance.

Again, where are these success stories? I have yet to see any of them
leap to your defense in any of the forums.

What's different than what the rest of you do? I teach artisans that
they should make every effort to innovate - to ignore how others do
business and create their own business style.

If they are going to create their own business style, why do they need YOU
to tell them how?

What's got you and your
compadres here ****ed off is my persistent suggestion that artisans
shouldn't be dealing with retail shops.

Other than YOUR retail shop....? Your "wholesale" prices look strangely
like retail prices everywhere else.

I suggest that anyone that
buys supplies to be made into a product for resale should be buying at
the same place and price as the retailer.

Sure. Tell that to Ed Hoy and Art Glass House and Houston Glasscraft. I
wonder how many basement bandits they are selling to direct?

Therein is the biggest fallacy in your whole scheme. Nobody with any glass
experience at all would ever place a great deal of emphasis on the price of
the raw materials. It is LABOR, stupid. Materials are such a small
percentage of any project's final price that the retail markup on a few
squares of glass is insignificant in the whole deal. Unless your basement
bandits are building church windows.

Many here, are worried about
competition from low overhead "basement bandits", I teach individuals
to start their business with the lowest possible overhead and to use
that cost advantage to create a market for their work.

I don't know any business (other than the government) that doesn't try to
have the lowest possible overhead. So what makes your brand of bull****
unique there?

Starting off with low prices is always a workable way for any business to

get
started. An established business relies on their reputation to
generate business. A newcomer has no reputation so must rely instead
on ability and willingness to "work cheap".

I have no quibble with people who work cheap. They, above all others, know
what their work is worth.

That's an advantage I
recommend they use. There's nothing new about that suggestion. Lots
of business instructors make it. You just don't like having to compete
with those that have taken that advice.

That's laughable. Your little band of merry "artisans" slaving away in a
dank basement making suncatchers to wholesale to galleries is no threat to
anybody. You can create as many "bandits" as you want. You'll never catch
up to the Chinese.

Times change.

Your brand of bull**** seems pretty constant, though.

Some have chosen to whine about their inability to
effectively deal with those changes. I'm teaching people how to find
ways to take advantage of those changes.

Where are they? Funny that none of your cult of basement bandits have
appeared to sing your praises.

One of the things I'm
teaching retailers and artisans, is that stained glass is diminishing
in popularity while kilnforming is increasing

Geez....now he's "teaching" retailers. I thought those were the same people
you were advising your "artisans" to avoid? Talking out of both sides of
your mouth, aint'cha?

- and that new materials
and equipment will soon make hot glass (blowing and casting) the next
big thing in glass art.

All the hot air you spew ought to be enough to fire a few crucibles.

I expect glass casting to soon become as
popular as kilnforming - and expect stained glass to continue to
diminish in popularity.

Let us know when that happens, OK?

You can hang on to the old ways, or accept and
adopt the new ones. Adapt or die!

That silly-assed mantra of yours is getting old. Adapt to what? Your
scheme of things? Bwahahaha!

Old September 30th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Edward Hennessey

wrote in message
ps.com...

Buying from a message board chatroom post? Not exactly the

three tier
system. Dennis has this need to denegrate, insult, threaten,

and turn off

You go Dennis. What a vulgar troupe of bottom-licking jackanapes
those guys are.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Old September 30th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

Edward Hennessey wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

Buying from a message board chatroom post? Not exactly the

three tier
system. Dennis has this need to denegrate, insult, threaten,

and turn off

You go Dennis. What a vulgar troupe of bottom-licking jackanapes
those guys are.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

You are an idiot.
Spend some time on internet glass boards before you make snap, and
inaccurate, judgements.

Old September 30th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Edward Hennessey wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

Buying from a message board chatroom post? Not exactly the

three tier
system. Dennis has this need to denegrate, insult, threaten,

and turn off

You go Dennis. What a vulgar troupe of bottom-licking jackanapes
those guys are.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Ed, you might take Brock's advise and experiment with other boards
where behaviour like that of this tawdry team is prohibited. Brock
spends considerable time being denied access to his favourite board for
his inability to behave civily.

Here's a list to chose from:
http://www.thestorefinder.com/glass/glass_bb.html

Old September 30th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

Ed, you might take Brock's advise and experiment with other boards
where behaviour like that of this tawdry team is prohibited. Brock
spends considerable time being denied access to his favourite board for
his inability to behave civily.

You are lying, again, Dennis. Found those quotes yet . . .

Old September 30th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Brock wrote:
Ed, you might take Brock's advise and experiment with other boards
where behaviour like that of this tawdry team is prohibited. Brock
spends considerable time being denied access to his favourite board for
his inability to behave civily.

You are lying, again, Dennis. Found those quotes yet . . .

Are you still screwing up your students by telling them to fire
Spectrum and Bullseye at the same schedules?